• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Extreme Music (Black Metal, Noise, Grind etc)

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
I'm not an extreme music newbie Magician. It's not going to overwhelm me any more than Venereology and Cruise did 2 years ago... What do you guys think of really dark and intense electronic music? I'm thinking along the lines of Xanopticon. @Hoss: I'm 20. So, yep.
Hah my bad. Do your thing. Re: Dark electronic stuff: Don''t know so much about it but I can go for some Venetian Snares if I'm in the right mood. Does Black Dice count? I've always dug them. Not really the same at all bur Prurient is one of my favorite things in the world to the point where I wrote poems about it for a creative writing course. BTW: If you ever want to flip that Yohji coat, holler. And yeah I just recently turned 21.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So Drunkdriver is no more because of (alleged) sexual impropriety by the drummer? That's a godamn shame. Recommend me something in a similar vein.

Listening to:
Bloody Panda -how are they not on Southern Lord? would be a perfect fit.
Dodheimsgard
Emperor
Darkthrone
Ulver - they have a minimal ambient album that is so good. damn genre chameleons.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
... Ulver - they have a minimal ambient album that is so good. damn genre chameleons.
I'll have to check it out. I've been listening to Rotting Christ's "Aealo" (really fantastic) and just grabbed from eMusic Asgaroth's Red Shift. Wow.

Dr. Mabuse

Reaction score
Ulver is one of the greatest musical groups of all time but haven't been anything close to black metal in well over ten years. Not sure what album you are referring due as minimal and ambient (could probably describe at least three) but nearly every one of their albums have been brilliant except for Nattens Madrigal, which was kind of a sad Darkthrone retread. As far as Drunkdriver, I've only heard a few songs but it reminded me of a grind version of Whitehouse, not really my thing.

Currently listening to:

Peccatum (Ihsahn from Emperor's other band)
Exodus -Bonded in Blood
Worship- Last Vinyl Before Doomsday ( Untouchable, if you are in to funeral doom or any kind of doom, even drone, track down a copy.)

howlingwolfpress

Reaction score
If you like Ulver's Bergtatt I would recommend Drudkh's Autumn Aurora along with it
smile.gif

Dr. Mabuse

Reaction score
Bergtatt was certainly part of my formation at a pretty tender age but Ulver was always destined to be more than black metal. Rygg A.k.a Garm. aka Trickster G has serious pipes, and is incredibly creative across the board. Next time anyone is on youtube, type "head control system" in to the search box and check out Garm's "rock band" doing Seal's Kiss from a Rose. Mind-blowing.

jhva3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
My friend is a friend of Throbbing Gristle's Genesis P-Orridge.

I'm rather fond of the Psychic TV remix of Glen Meadmore's "Do Me".

I like Laibach if not just for their uniforms:

laibach.jpg

I met Dave Max, who played guitar for them at the time. He was a really nice guy.

howlingwolfpress

Reaction score
Haha just found this today, it's great
smile.gif
Ulver - Capitel I: I Troldskog Faren Vild 8bit
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weedeater tomorrow night! Don't know anything about the openers. Does anyone know if Black Tusk is any good?

Been listening to a lot of Weakling, Khanate and other American Black Metal.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some Dodheimsgard to wake me up this morning and will probably give the most recent Uffommunaut another spin tonight, though I found it kind of disapointing.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Converge this Friday. I'm so ready for this, though it would have been better if Coalesce would have supported on the east coast, too.

I have also been on a major pg. 99 and Pygmy Lush kick. Those dudes honestly can't put out anything bad at all. The way Pygmy Lush can go from badass punk to folky stuff is absolutely amazing.

Just talking about pg. 99 makes me wanna go back and listen to all my Orchid and Circle Takes the Square again. Damn.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't really know Coalesce but they were sick on the Harvey Milk tour.

MD Death Fest is Friday but I am really broke....

unicornwarrior

Reaction score
i forgot about the converge show and missed it the other day.

my heart...

luckily i saw them with mastodon and high on fire a couple months ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads