• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score

Thanks for the congrats but not guilty I'm afraid. We do a little custom manufacturing for people from time to time but only very small quantities of one off designs, not on a RL sort of scale. Interesting the designer chose to use the crossed crease on the keeper, its a very old design you dont see much now. I dont recognise the work so not sure where they are sourced from.
Charlie

Yeah, I have to say, I'm glad it's not yours—I've never handled an equus belt, but as far as I can tell, you make the most elegant bridle belts, and these looked not that great in person. So now I still have my faith.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Yeah, I have to say, I'm glad it's not yours—I've never handled an equus belt, but as far as I can tell, you make the most elegant bridle belts, and these looked not that great in person. So now I still have my faith.

They did look a little crude - I'm not sure I'd admit it even if we had made them! Sadly those who did probably make much more profit than we do, but I'm still glad we didn't..

Charlie

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

...Sadly those who did probably make much more profit than we do, but I'm still glad we didn't..Charlie
Bravo Charlie...I'm doing my part to advertise your business to families and friends...
tick tock tick tock, I can't wait to receive my package....:)

Last edited:

ap10046

Reaction score
Charlie, just sent me a picture of my soon to ship raised belt! Quite excited!!

Dark Brown with a red interior lining....perfect with my "new" (cough-cough) Galways!!

photo-14.jpg

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Its a rubbish photo from my iPhone but it is a good combination of colours in real life. The face is Dark Havanna so quite conservative from the outside but the lining really sets is it of. This is the nice thing about the Lined and Raised range for people who want some creative input and somthing unusual or unique to wear, some really nice combinations possible either with the leather, the stitching or both. I made a Mediumweight L&R in all London Tan leather with blue thread the other day that was really nice, sadly I didnt take any photos though.

Charlie.

MrTony92

Reaction score
Just ordered a couple of belts from you guys. Pretty excited even though it's gonna be a wait. Must commend you on your customer service, sending us samples for free was very nice of you guys especially considering we're situated in New Zealand.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks to MrTony and MShapiro for the orders and the kind words. I always try to answer emails as soon as they come in, time zones allowing - nothing worse than waiting for replies to my impatient way of thinking! I'm not sure I always manage 30 seconds but my best is always done.

Justin, your belts are nearly at the botom of the queue, probably made and ready early next week I would say but Dawn or I will confirm when they are done and on their way and will give you the tracking number of the parcel so you can keep an eye in transit. Its a good trio so I hope you really like them when they get to you.

Charlie

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I just received my lined and raised bridle belt in London tan middle weight made by Mr Trevor - it's the best belt I've ever owned -and shall try to post photographs of 186 front and back.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is this typical for Royal Mail to US delivery? almost a week and I can't wait....

Your item, posted on 20/10/12 with reference ******** arrived in KENNEDY NEW YORK and is being processed for delivery.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

is this typical for Royal Mail to US delivery? almost a week and I can't wait....
Your item, posted on 20/10/12 with reference ******** arrived in KENNEDY NEW YORK and is being processed for delivery.

I'm afraid thats very typical, it takes a little while for the parcels to be sorted out once they've arrived on US soil. It'll be with you soon :)

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I just received my lined and raised bridle belt in London tan middle weight made by Mr Trevor - it's the best belt I've ever owned -and shall try to post photographs of 186 front and back.

These are the photos, posted at Naive Jrs request as he couldn't. Always nice to see action photographs as we take very few ourselves

Charlie

ap10046

Reaction score
Well, I received my medium weight lined and raised belt in Dark Havana with Red lining, off white stitching today!
I thought I received a pair of shoes..the box was huge!

The lovely (and very large) green box was surrounded by green tissue paper.
The belt, too, was beautifully packed in tissue and wrapped with a green ribbon.
Got a little pot of leather cream too,,
It also had a little brass medallion with the belt's serial number on it...GOLLY!

Also has an envelope with a hand written note from Dawn about the belt details, etc
AND...a WAX Sealed Certificate saying my belt was completely hand made by Charlie!!!
All I can say is that it was a real sense of occasion!! I LOVE IT!!!!! isn't this what we all wait for?!

The Belt..what more can I say..is simply superb. It is weapons grade! and there is no doubt in my mind that it will outlive me!
The finishing is just beautiful and the leather is some of the best I have seen and felt. Although it is covered in some waxy coating...don't quite know how to get that off yet!
Thank you Charlie and Dawn..the wait was well worth it!! Apologies for my impatience.
Equusbelt-1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads