• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

MakingChanges

Reaction score

Just ordered two belts....both 1 1/4 West End Bridle Belts.  One in Australian Nut, one in Black with nickel buckles.  They look great and I'm looking forward to making them my everyday belts.  Sadly, I have to wait a month!  Hard to find such highly recommended products that are still handmade.  Thanks for the great job Charlie and Dawn.  

These were my first two, enjoyed them enough that I ordered two more a week ago or so. Itching for the Britsh racing green one but don't know what to wear it with.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

These were my first two, enjoyed them enough that I ordered two more a week ago or so. Itching for the Britsh racing green one but don't know what to wear it with.

In my view the British Racing Green is actually quite a flexible colour, I have several BRG belts and I think they go particularly with browns so perfect for this time of year. If your a contrarian (and I have moments of being so) Oxblood shoes and a British Racing Green belt make for a pleasing and pleasant contrast to each other, though I appreciate some will think I should be burnt as a witch for such heresy.

Charlie

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just placed my order for 3 belts in the west end belt in BDG, Navy, and Dark Havanna :slayer:

for anyone on the fence, Charlie has been extremely helpful and is soo fast in responding. Never hesitated with all my questions and I cant wait for my belts to come in!

Thanks Charlie!

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I just placed my order for 3 belts in the west end belt in BDG, Navy, and Dark Havanna :slayer:
for anyone on the fence, Charlie has been extremely helpful and is soo fast in responding. Never hesitated with all my questions and I cant wait for my belts to come in!
Thanks Charlie!

Thanks for the kind words Justin :)

Charlie

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just a few photos of recent work for people.
First of a Lined and Raised thats a commission for a customer using a very interesting green/black vegetable tanned leather. It changes colour depending on the light, sometimes showing green highlights sometimes quite black. It has a captive running loop to prevent the keeper getting lost.

and lastly a picture of the hallmarks of a sterling silver West End, I don't think I've posted one before. The hallmark is on the top face of the buckle as you look down on the buckle as you wear it.

What's the name of this color? Still being offered?

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What's the name of this color? Still being offered?

That was actually a custom leather sourced specifically for that belt. I do have a little left over, we might be able to get another belt out of it depending on the size you want. Its as interesting as the photos make it look, very varigated and unusual. Drop me a PM if you like and we can chat some more about it.

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I thought I'd post an update for you guys on our Scott belt project. As some of you will know I've been trying to get one of the belts to the South Pole to commemorate the centenary of Scotts death. Its proved pretty challenging, there aren't many people on earth who set foot on the pole each year and I think it should be on the pole itself rather than just the continent to count, but it looks like we might manage next year if we don't this year. In the meantime though a Scott belt will be going to the North Pole next year as part of Tim Williamsons attempt to be the first man to walk unaided to and from the North Pole, starting from Resolute Bay in Canada. Very cool to be involved in such a gutsy attempt, this is really the last great challenge of exploration and has been tried a number of times before by the likes of Rannulph Feinnes - it'll be a huge achievement for him if he manages and I'll be over the moon if some of our kit gets there with him.

I know this isnt a very SFy sort of subject but I also think there are quite a few sporting and outdoor types here who will appreciate this kind of undertaking..

The design of belt in question which can be found here

Charlie

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

How's that Rambo belt project coming along Charlie? :devil:

If the Rambo belt project was the 1 1/2" Quick release I'm afraid I've totally failed so far, sorry! I cant get them from our usual foundry and I havent seen any anywhere else that have looked good enough quality. I'm keeping my eyes open for you though :)

Charlie

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

If the Rambo belt project was the 1 1/2" Quick release I'm afraid I've totally failed so far, sorry! I cant get them from our usual foundry and I havent seen any anywhere else that have looked good enough quality. I'm keeping my eyes open for you though :)
Charlie

Keep it up Charlie. The whole of the forum is counting on you!

iVoRy

Reaction score
Just ordered my first West End Belt. Can't wait to received it. And hope I don't have to pay import tax.:happy:

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
I was at Barneys today and noticed a bridle belt made in england for Ralph Lauren. Charlie is this your handiwork? Marks on the keeper look like yours.... if so, congrats

Last edited:

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I was at Barneys today and noticed a bridle belt made in england for Ralph Lauren. Charlie is this your handiwork? Marks on the keeper look like yours.... if so, congrats

Thanks for the congrats but not guilty I'm afraid. We do a little custom manufacturing for people from time to time but only very small quantities of one off designs, not on a RL sort of scale. Interesting the designer chose to use the crossed crease on the keeper, its a very old design you dont see much now. I dont recognise the work so not sure where they are sourced from.

Charlie

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads