• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equus Leather - English Handstitched Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate and Review Thread

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks, yes definitely do want the crease marks, just no logos and the such. I thrilled to finally have a belt exactly as I want it, really great service you provide. thanks

Hi Clyde,

My pleasure, nice to make exactly whats wanted and exactly the reason we do make each belt individually.

Just let me know if I can be any more help,

Charlie

bibs

Reaction score
Just got my Bakers Oak Brown belt , it's a bit on the stiff side as compared to the SF exclusive belt I got a while back but I do love the color and craftsmanship.

I have one question though, i find it more difficult to remove this belt from the buckle as compared to the SF exclusive. I'm not sure if i need to break in the belt first so it becomes a bit softer or is it the choice of buckle ? I got the Nickel West End Satin and the my belt is 1 1/4"

Last edited:

ap10046

Reaction score
Hi Charlie,
Had ordered the Dark Havana with with red backing/medium raised belt, just wondering if it has shipped please?
Cheers
Areez

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Just got my Bakers Oak Brown belt , it's a bit on the stiff side as compared to the SF exclusive belt I got a while back but I do love the color and craftsmanship.
I have one question though, i find it more difficult to remove this belt from the buckle as compared to the SF exclusive. I'm not sure if i need to break in the belt first so it becomes a bit softer or is it the choice of buckle ? I got the Nickel West End Satin and the dimensions of my belt are 1 1/4"

Hi Bibs,

The Bakers Australian Nut and Oak Brown are fairly different from each other and the Oak Brown is definitley stiffer. It tends to be around 1mm thicker for a start, but also the Aus Nut is quite heavily oiled/greased whilst its very early in the tanning process which is why its so flexible and also why the colour lightens when its flexed (for most pieces of it anyway).

The Oak Brown will definitely break in and soften over time and the holes will change shape ever so slightly as they get used to the shape of the buckle tounge. Your buckle is a good choice and will go well with the leather thickness - its exactly the type of leather its designed for. One way to help if you find it stiff at the moment is when your undoing the buckle push the buckle down the strap a little with your left thumb and index finger at the same time as using your right hand to undo the strap.

Hope that helps!

Charlie

Snuff

Reaction score
Spent the morning polishing some shoes and ended up giving my Equus-belts the same maintenance.
Must say I love the belts and use them 6 out of 7 days a week at the least!
From left to right:
* Stainless West End Leather Covered Roller, 1 1/2 inch width, bottle green
* Nickel West End buckle, 1 1/4 inch width, Dark Stain Harness Oak bark tanned
* Nickel West End buckle, 1 1/4 inch width, Australian nut Oak bark tanned
* Sterling silver West End buckle, 1 1/4 inch width, black

ncdobson

Reaction score
Hi, Charlie.

My new buckles arrived early last week, and I was finally able to sign for them at the post office on Thursday. They're beautiful and so substantial! I had never realized how flimsy the hardware on my belts was. Thanks again (& thanks to Dawn, too).

Cheers,

Nick

TheSuit

Reaction score
Just received my first belt, really impressed with it! It just feels like a quality product that is going to last a long time. Just one thing I find a bit odd (not in a bad way) - When smelling the belt, it almost smells like an apple. Am I just crazy or have anyone else had this experience?

To sum up: Couldn't be happier with the belt! I got a nickel west end in australian nut.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm really glad you like the belt! I'm not sure Ive heard the apple simile before, but the Aus Nut does have a clean fresh sort of smell so I can see where your coming from - I think it smells a little like the sea for the same reason.

Charlie

lpeterson830

Reaction score
Just ordered two belts....both 1 1/4 West End Bridle Belts. One in Australian Nut, one in Black with nickel buckles. They look great and I'm looking forward to making them my everyday belts. Sadly, I have to wait a month! Hard to find such highly recommended products that are still handmade. Thanks for the great job Charlie and Dawn.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Just ordered two belts....both 1 1/4 West End Bridle Belts.  One in Australian Nut, one in Black with nickel buckles.  They look great and I'm looking forward to making them my everyday belts.  Sadly, I have to wait a month!  Hard to find such highly recommended products that are still handmade.  Thanks for the great job Charlie and Dawn.  

Glad to be able to help :)

Charlie

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads