• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Mike!

I PM'd ya, but figured this might be a quicker way to reach you. So glad I checked my emails a couple nights ago. I can't believe I've been ranting and raving for you to bring back the corduroy tweed pants and I almost miss the entire batch. You know, I take a few months away from Styleforum and this is what happens...
biggrin.gif

Anywho, just had a question on the sizing. It's been ages since I've bought a Walt, so I'm wondering, if I rock a Rivet Chino in Size 35, would it be good to go for Size 35 in the Walt as well? I took a look at the measurements, but didn't see the measurements for size 35 Walt. I just assumed it was half way in between the 34 and 36. Your help, as always, is much appreciated.

Either way, I placed the order to be on the safe side, otherwise I'd have to stare at them on Lawrence's old site for another 5 or 6 years, haha.

Thanks again.

@Gingahbman sure thing! Go for a Walt 35, I think that you'll really like the fit on that. Most guys take the same size in the Walt as the Rivets.

And right... I remember that write-up on Lawrence's site! That guy has had quite the style transformation, but such is the nature of working in fashion.

Seems to me that business casual is exactly what they're meant for.

What Rivets are people getting at the discount deadline tonight? Getting a Cav Twill for sure, probably the Danube Blue. Tempted by the donegals, too, though honestly I own so many flannel and tweed Walts it seems like that'd be getting excessive.

@applky the 20% off code will work on any Rivet MTO. I think that Danube Blue is the crucial choice for you!

Are the Walt cords appropriate for business casual office wear? The photo and some wear picks make them look very "soft," so I'm uncertain how it would stand up to Friday fall/winter wear. For reference, I normally wear the oxford grey flannel in the fall and winter.

Thanks - likely will order these anyway before midnight

@Alcibiades yup, I absolutely think that they work for business casual. If you could wear a chino in the office than you can definitely wear the Cord Tweeds.

Mike,
Appreciate the update on the Ryden boot you gave a week or so back...any word on the alt wine #8 boot that was ordered shortly after the Ryden?
Thanks

@PorterInjax scheduled for December!

Getting ready for fall.

Tobacky Twords and Olive Duck Doyle:

@metranger8694 looking sharp!

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike - will the trainer return other than special order? I like my teak pair, would love to grab another.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@applky the 20% off code will work on any Rivet MTO. I think that Danube Blue is the crucial choice for you!

Did it. Danube Blue kopped. Also went with the H&S pinstripe pocket bags. Details are important!

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ended up getting the tobacco wheat cord - for some reason, that fabric looks super unique. I look forward to getting them. I will stick with the oxford grey flannel as my grey go-to.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went with wool cav twill and charcoal flannel. Was debating on wool rivets vs wool trousers but the 20% off on the rivets was the tiebreaker

I'm trying to envision the difference between a flannel charcoal rivet with no outseam taping and a walt trouser in a similar fabric

@Epaulet

Last edited:

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just hopped on this train as well. Went with the ivy moss speckled donegal as I need more green in my wardrobe.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went with steel twords. Er, cordweeds. Tweeduroys? After all. Tough decision between that and the charcoal donegal rivets.

Incidentally the most I've spent yet on cords! Looking forward to wearing them...

AndyC

Reaction score
@kwhitelaw don't worry, you won't miss the window. I think that Adele sent an email already, but if not we'll get that out pronto

Did anyone receive the email? I've been out of the loop on this, and just remembered I still have mine to ship back. Safe to assume they'll send us a label when they're ready for the returns?

Gingahbman

Reaction score
I missed the boat on the 20% off coupon code... I gotta filter my emails better :-/, lol. That being said, I couldn't resist and had to order the MTO Rivet Chinos in Navy Speckled Donegal... trying it with side tabs for a change.

Then an hour or two later, I saw the video Mike posted of each fabric in details and I couldn't resist the Ivy Speckled Donegal either :slayer:. Note to self: Stop going to Styleforum and spending money.

Hats off to you Mike, these fabrics are boss, Rick Ross would be proud indeed.

Last edited:

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone receive the email? I've been out of the loop on this, and just remembered I still have mine to ship back. Safe to assume they'll send us a label when they're ready for the returns?
Why don't you reach out to them.
I paid for return shipping myself.

AndyC

Reaction score
Why don't you reach out to them.
I paid for return shipping myself.

I figured they're getting tons of emails on this, so I thought I'd check here first, instead of piling on. You seem to know more about this than I do, so I'll shoot them an email.

Is the expectation that we're paying return shipping? Doesn't seem right on something like this.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Went with steel twords. Er, cordweeds. Tweeduroys? After all. Tough decision between that and the charcoal donegal rivets.

Incidentally the most I've spent yet on cords! Looking forward to wearing them...

I think from here on out they should definitely be called "Tweeduroys"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads