• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. My recent LBM in a 42 is a good fit, so I'll compare some measurements soon as I can. The extra bit of length on the 42 might help me out with the Doyle also. I've about convinced myself I need one for the spring and summer.

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks guys. My recent LBM in a 42 is a good fit, so I'll compare some measurements soon as I can. The extra bit of length on the 42 might help me out with the Doyle also. I've about convinced myself I need one for the spring and summer.

I hate to complicate things further but, as I understand it, LBM sizing is all over the place. I may not use that as a sizing reference

**Edit: if the LBM was an EP purchase than disregard the statement above, the LBMs from other retailers have been pretty variant though

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've worn a small (penny sized) hole in a pair of Rivets, and would like to get them repaired. I'm sure my tailor could fix them, but I'd like to have someone more experienced handle this repair. Has anyone had a similar repair completed?

There are two important questions to ask before folks here can accurately respond:

• Where on the trousers is the hole?
  • What is the material?

A small hole on a cotton chino type fabric near a seam is going to be much easier to get repaired than a similar size hole in a cotton/cashmere or one of the nice wool fabrics smack dab in the middle of the thigh. Patterns in the fabric (POW, checks, etc.) will add to the difficulty.

Odds are though, if the hole is still really small and it's one of the basic rivet cotton chinos it can probably be repaired pretty easily by most competent tailors.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I hate to complicate things further but, as I understand it, LBM sizing is all over the place. I may not use that as a sizing reference

@duff406 you bought that LBM jacket from us, right? If so, our Vittiorio shape jives nicely with the Doyle, so go for a Doyle 42.

AndyC

Reaction score
There are two important questions to ask before folks here can accurately respond:

• Where on the trousers is the hole?
  • What is the material?

A small hole on a cotton chino type fabric near a seam is going to be much easier to get repaired than a similar size hole in a cotton/cashmere or one of the nice wool fabrics smack dab in the middle of the thigh. Patterns in the fabric (POW, checks, etc.) will add to the difficulty.

Odds are though, if the hole is still really small and it's one of the basic rivet cotton chinos it can probably be repaired pretty easily by most competent tailors.

Thanks, MP. They're wool, and the hole is in the seat. I'm guessing they could be patched, but I'm not sure how visible it will be.

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick fit shots today: Tropical Farmer Check Vittorio from Luigi Bianchi, Individualized Finestra Chambray shirt, Taylor Trouser, American Trench Socks, Vass Museum Calf monks, Loud-ass-and-Long-Island gold watch.

really digging this combination and that Vittorio is especially boss

I can't help but notice a pronounced lack of sideburns though
tongue.gif

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They don't do edge stitching on plackets, but you can note a French placket for the front. I haven't had an issue with the standard placket on the fabrics that I've ordered, but it just comes down to your taste.

Thanks, good to know. I realized the standard placket is only really bothersome to me on the lighter fabrics I've been getting lately. It's not a problem at all on my oxfords and flannel shirts.

Also, has anyone ordered the robin's blue Canclini herringbone? I'd like to see that one made up.

Last edited:

drewcandraw

Reaction score
got my first epaulet shipment in yesterday and here are some of my initial thoughts.

Preface: I'm 5'8" with stocky dimensions and a wide neck

Ordered two of the henleys in a XL and received both white. Good thing i chose XL because it fits my body like a thermal and if I went any smaller it would have been tight everywhere with sleeves that would be an inch too short. Prolly hand wash and hang-dry as i know the dryer will zap it into unwearable. I gave one to my pops since he is a little smaller but he can shrink it a little for himself. I do like the material as it was what I wanted and hoped for so good in my book.

Got the trucker from the closing sale and didn't realize how soft and thin it actually was. Reminds me more of a mid to heavy work shirt, but that's fine with me since I can wear it like that or with a tee underneath for our bay area summer.. Got an XL again and only thing that was off is the arms are kinda long/wide like I seen from other comments above. Will try to shrink the sleeves down a bit this weekend.

Want to try the casual sneakers next but I need to go in store as that is prolly even harder for me to buy sight unseen without trying them on.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads