• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Speaking of the khyber cloth trousers, does the fabric wrinkle easily?
I wouldn't say easily, but it is cotton so it definitely wrinkles a lot easier than wool. It's also lightweight and somewhat thin so it does wrinkle easier than heavier cottons while at the same time i imagine that's what makes it able to hold a crease well

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I really love this sweatshirt. Starting to fade a little around the edges.

And @Medoc jeans are Big John Ruri. I have this vision of them faded pale blue eventually. But will I get distracted before then... ;)

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EPLA indigo sweatshirt and DIY waxed Doyle. EPLA loopwheel tee no viz.

Damn that Doyle looks good. That the grey moleskin?

How'd you do it. Melt a bunch of candles and swish it around?
colgate.gif

No need to buy the Burgundy waxed Leder now, eh?

Last edited:

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a first-

Made a choice based on a video Mike posted.

Ordered a pair of sunset wheat Gables after hearing his description a few pages back.

It occurs to me that perhaps Epaulet knows what they are doing in this whole "clothing" thing...

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New pair from Epaulet. PS Mike...if you made this in the black/blue and black/red colorways a la Jordan 1s...they WILL sell. Just sayin'.

tumblr_o4u02qMy6v1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hey @ChetB and @FrankCowperwood, what's the verdict on the Taylor and Gable? Can you break it down for me in SW&D lingo?

i was pretty excited when i received the email a few months back about the new cut.

Belt or suspenders? I have zero experience with suspenders. Are you suppose to try them on with suspenders while at the taylor? What say you @FLW?

FWIW this is the type of pants I like:
pantalon-un-pli.jpg

pantalon-a-deux-plis.jpg

pantalon-elastique.jpg

See the similarities? ;)

TIA!!

edit: Are there more fabric choices upcoming or is it only for MTO?

Last edited:

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hey @ChetB and @FrankCowperwood, what's the verdict on the Taylor and Gable? Can you break it down for me in SW&D lingo?

i was pretty excited when i received the email a few months back about the new cut.

Belt or suspenders? I have zero experience with suspenders. Are you suppose to try them on with suspenders while at the taylor? What say you @FLW?

edit: Are there more fabric choices upcoming or is it only for MTO?
The photo you posted is nearly identical to the Taylor it seems!

I love the Gable. I just ordered my third pair yesterday and my gray flannel pair has probably become my go-to trouser.

Suspenders are fantastic in that they are more comfortable than a belt and they hold your trousers in place much better. Wearing suspenders, you will never hike up your trousers or tug at the waistband, even if you are carrying lead bars in the pockets. The one "drawback" is that they require you to be wearing something to hide them under. either a sport coat, vest, or sweater. That is, assuming that visible braces aren't some cool trend in SW&D land...

I would suggest wearing them when you have the trousers tailored for two reasons:

1) It will help you judge where you want the trouser to hit your torso and ensure that you nail the proper leg length.

2) If the waist is at all loose you may be tempted to bring it in, but with suspenders you can leave and extra half inch in the waist and not have the trousers slip. This takes full advantage of having the trouser "hang" off of you rather than cinching it to your waist. I like to leave a little room in my Gables and that additional .5-.75 inch is really quite nice.

Mike has said that the Taylor will be stocked in some staple fabrics (gray hopsack, navy wool, khaki chino, etc.). Everything else, including all Gables, will be MTO.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@gettoasty

Yes! What FLW said is right. I think the Taylor matches up well with your inspiration photos. I've never worn suspenders, and have not with the Gables I have. The waist fits me just about right OTR. I do see the reasoning behind suspenders.

The Gable cut has a wider waist band and is a little bit more distinctive for that reason, assuming you wear it so that the waist is visible (as opposed to with a jacket or other piece on top). The Taylor is a standard waistband.

I don't think the pleating is quite as deep on the EP trousers as it is in the photos you posted. It's nicely done IMO.

The overall cut has good room in the hips and then a taper, though the leg opening isn't particularly narrow really. I think it's a very balanced cut.

You probably know this, but putting the waist band above the hip bones is really so comfortable. Even with a belt on with the Taylors. It made me realize how many of my trousers were clinging for dear life to my hip bones and how that gets uncomfortable over the course of the day.

I'd suggest giving the Taylor fit a try, and see how that suits you.

Speaking of, I have to get my Taylors hemmed. I wore them around a little with the cuffs rolled up, but that's not really the look. They've been riding around in the back of my car for a week... :embar:

ino68

Reaction score

I wouldn't say easily, but it is cotton so it definitely wrinkles a lot easier than wool. It's also lightweight and somewhat thin so it does wrinkle easier than heavier cottons while at the same time i imagine that's what makes it able to hold a crease well

I find that this cloth is so light that it doesn't drape as well as it should for more formal wear.

I do an inside cuff to add some weight and get a more dress pant like drape.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads