• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kwanon

Reaction score
@kwanon nice choices on the fabric and thanks for ordering!

Honestly, I'd advise to never put an Individualized shirt in the dryer if you can avoid it. That really goes for every shirt that we sell. Outside of shrinkage, dryers will fade colors and shorten the lifespan of your shirts - especially on a higher end fabric. It would probably shrink the Madras as much as the flannel. The Albini oxford should be more resilient - that stuff is pretty bulletproof, but even still, you'll get more wear out of it without drying. Over time, oxford weaves can become unraveled and frayed, and dryers will accelerate that.

But if you have to dry them, then just do the oxford. I'd really keep that Madras out of it. The upside is that lightweight fabrics like Madras dry very quickly on a hanger.
Haha man I know. I figure that, no matter what I do, every shirt I own is going to take at least one accidental trip through the dryer.
So, I plan on it and size them that way. Better that than turning a brilliant shirt into an underwhelming paperweight.
Thanks!

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@wj4
 you have the OG GAT's from 2013 right? If so then go up a half size. I'd say to order the same that you wear in Jordan 1s or Dunks. The fit is really consistent on those styles for me. 

And get the red grain ones! 
Ah, man. You're on my wavelength...I do want your Red Octobers! (the red ones).

The OG GATs were probably the best $100 I've spent on kicks. I've worn them to numerous pubs, lounges, clubs, and airports. Leather is still going strong compared to a pair of Stan Smiths I bought months ago. The pleather is cracking.

Copped a pair!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ah, man. You're on my wavelength...I do want your Red Octobers! (the red ones).

The OG GATs were probably the best $100 I've spent on kicks. I've worn them to numerous pubs, lounges, clubs, and airports. Leather is still going strong compared to a pair of Stan Smiths I bought months ago. The pleather is cracking.

Copped a pair!

@wj4 awe yeah, I thought those would be your style! We're using similar leather to the OG's, but everything about the construction has been upgraded. I think that you'll be really impressed with them - thanks for the order.

Haha man I know. I figure that, no matter what I do, every shirt I own is going to take at least one accidental trip through the dryer.
So, I plan on it and size them that way. Better that than turning a brilliant shirt into an underwhelming paperweight.
Thanks!

@kwanon I hear you, that's happened to me. Worse thing was last Fall where two cashmere sweaters were washed and dried while out of my hands. One of them was a cashmere V-neck that I absolutely loved (we ran it in 2012) and ended around 1/5 of the size.

Don't stress too much about these. The oxford is fine either way. The madras will probably shrink a bit in the dryer, but most likely less than a flannel. And if its something that happens now and then, you don't have to worry about too much wear and tear. Just try to hang it as much as possible
cool.gif

pekingman

Reaction score

Whomever ordered the Toasty Herringbone HT suit, please post pics!

Will do :) You'll have to wait until April though, as that's when I am traveling to the US and can arrange either a store visit, or a rendezvous with a USPS delivery ... I'm not sure how much use I'll be able to get out of it this season - could be toasty in more ways than one by that time of year (at least here in Beijing).

herzzreh

Reaction score
I just measured my waist again to make sure. Around the top of hipbones, it measures 33.5. For chinos, I guess I should go with a 32 or a 33?

I hate not living in NY any more and noy being able to pop into a store to try stuff on.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I also had a blue lapis suit made up -- Double Breasted with blonde horn buttons. It is amazing...and too small. Will be in B/S soon, but if there is a 41S / 32 Rudy guy out there, hit me up.

If the pants were just about an inch more in the waist, I could probably make the sit work. Maybe I should use this as motivation to lose a couple inches from my waist?

(I type this as I sit here and drink my large caramel macchiato and eat a cheese danish...)

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If the pants were just about an inch more in the waist, I could probably make the sit work. Maybe I should use this as motivation to lose a couple inches from my waist?

(I type this as I sit here and drink my large caramel macchiato and eat a cheese danish...)

@Michigan Planner you've got plenty of seam allowance to play with on that, the Southwick trousers can be let out by about 1.5" Definitely can't hurt to bring it to your tailor and get their opinion. And if you let a wool trouser out, you can always bring it back in down the road if need be.

I just measured my waist again to make sure. Around the top of hipbones, it measures 33.5. For chinos, I guess I should go with a 32 or a 33?

I hate not living in NY any more and noy being able to pop into a store to try stuff on.

@herzzreh I'm thinking 33. But it's honestly more reliable to measure the waistband of a pant that fits you well rather than measuring your body. Two different guys with the same measurements and build may have two different preferences for how they want a chino to fit and where they want to it sit on their hips.

youtubs

Reaction score
Any new info on footwear? I'm looking at making a purchase soon, but want to hold out until I see what is offered.

lbrig

Reaction score
If none of the Epaulet sizes are exactly right for me, can the chest/waist/sweep measurements be tweaked for Individualized shirts?

chrispy650

Reaction score
Just saw that massdrop post. I've been waiting for the white gray sport trainers to come back. Guess I'll be participating in this drop.

kickstand

Reaction score
Probably my S/S 2016 uniform. EFF navy fresco and tobacco linen/cotton driggs. MTO pants ordered February 9 and delivered on February 29th. Very impressive.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Solid look/uniform. I dig the patch pockets on the jacket.

We call this the California Tuxedo. Any chance you're out here?

Last edited:

zennypoo

Reaction score
Probably my S/S 2016 uniform. EFF navy fresco and tobacco linen/cotton driggs. MTO pants ordered February 9 and delivered on February 29th. Very impressive.

Nice look!

Where is the shirt from BTW? Nice collar.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads