• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heading out to supper with my wife and wearing the sandy orange Walts and navy fisherman's sweater. Have a great night everyone!
be3eze8a.jpg

stlms3

Reaction score
Hi Mike (and anybody else with good shoe care knowledge),

I purchased a pair of steinbecks last year in the dark brown leather (can't remember the exact name of it). It is a rugged leather and I used sno-seal on them because they are my inclement weather boot (along with my indys). To keep the leather from drying out, what do I need to do for leather treatment? Do I need to remove the son-seal and put something like renovateur to moisturize them on, or can I just put on a fresh layer of son-seal? If I do need to remove the current coating, what is a good product?

Thanks!

Keith

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Our own duck dynasty.

:nodding:

I find the caramel Napoli and caramel duck rivets work much better as separates :)

But both are awesome pieces!

Agreed, but I think it would be totally badass to see a full suit with Rviets rather than Walts! The rise would be too low for me, but I think it could work with the right body type.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi Mike (and anybody else with good shoe care knowledge),

I purchased a pair of steinbecks last year in the dark brown leather (can't remember the exact name of it).  It is a rugged leather and I used sno-seal on them because they are my inclement weather boot (along with my indys).  To keep the leather from drying out, what do I need to do for leather treatment?  Do I need to remove the son-seal and put something like renovateur to moisturize them on, or can I just put on a fresh layer of son-seal?  If I do need to remove the current coating, what is a good product?

Thanks!

Keith

Depends on the exact leather, but the answer to most questions like this is Saphir Renovateur.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:nodding:
Agreed, but I think it would be totally badass to see a full suit with Rviets rather than Walts! The rise would be too low for me, but I think it could work with the right body type.

Let's put it to the test...I'll try to take a pic tomorrow.

stlms3

Reaction score
Depends on the exact leather, but the answer to most questions like this is Saphir Renovateur.
Ok, so to be clear

1) clean off current snoseal... maybe with allen edmonds cleaner conditioner?
2) renovataur
3) sno seal again... because they are rugged and I definitely do not treat them delicately.

thanks for the help

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe the Reno is the remover...like a primer for paint.

Ok, so to be clear

1) clean off current snoseal... maybe with allen edmonds cleaner conditioner?
2) renovataur
3) sno seal again... because they are rugged and I definitely do not treat them delicately.

thanks for the help

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok just came home to some EP goodies...of note:

The EPLA jeans are really soft and fit great. As with all my EP pants the waist is a good inch too big but always need to wear a belt with jeans so it's fine...out of curiosity though, has anyone had jeans taken in at the waist? Seems like a pain for a tailor.

The EPLA t-shirts are also crazy soft. I thought they'd be a bit more fitted but really nice. I may shrink it in the dryer but great t-shirts.

The engineer shirt...holy crap that's an awesome heavy weight. One problem...it's really fitted! In fact it's probably spot on but for Mike or the EP crew, will this material break in and loosen with wear or will it tighten up with even a cold wash and hang dry? Trying to decide whether or not to break it in or exchange for a bigger size if it will shrink.

EPLA line is great :)

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's renomat, as opposed to renovateur.  I believe renovator was advised.  Renomat is powerful stuff, so be careful if that is the route you decide to go.

I'd do Renomat (follow the directions or forum advice w/ that) to get the old sno-seal off, then Renovateur, then Sno-seal. Of course, if you find that the sno-seal has effectively worn off (i don't know **** about sno-seal so i don't know if that happens) you might just be able to hit it with the renovateur and then a fresh coat of sno-seal. but if the sno-seal is still doing its job in full, yeah, you're gonna want to get it off if you wanna put any sort of conditioner (the reno) on.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Secret Santa!

Total success, in that

A) I had no idea that Philly made both of these amazing things

B) There is booze.

I love the fact that so many of us defaulted to booze as a gift, I know I did.

Thanks, Santa :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads