• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just wanna give a random shout out to Epaulet. The Rivet Chino Navy is easily one of my favorite pants atm. If you're on the fence, JUST KOP IT.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

coolhwip

Reaction score
Are you guys going to do another run of the Weller in either color this year? The thread seems to indicate yes to gray and no to blue, but I just wanted to check.

Also, are any OCBDs coming this fall?

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my pair of Air Force Blue Worsted Wool trousers in size 32 in the Rudy fit. They're amazing; love the construction, cut, colour, feel of them... but they don't fit. The waist fits fine, but the thighs and ass are too tight, and when I sit in them they feel like they might tear at any moment... :(

Now, I'm stumped. I can go to a 33, which will be a smidge big in the waist, but that's fine because of the split waistband (I can have the waist taken in a bit), but I'm wondering if the extra .25 inches (or is it .5 inches total?) will be enough to accommodate my big thighs and behind. Going to 34 would make the waist way too big also increases the leg opening by .25 (or .5 inches total? and I like the leg opening now).

Ugh. This bums me out so much (no pun intended). What do you guys recommend? Mike, any thoughts?

Last edited:

nycxandy

Reaction score

Just got my pair of Air Force Blue Worsted Wool trousers in size 32. They're amazing; love the construction, cut, colour, feel of them... but they don't fit. The waist fits fine, but the thighs and ass are too tight, and when I sit in them they feel like they might tear at any moment... :(

Now, I'm stumped. I can go to a 33, which will be a smidge big in the waist, but that's fine because of the split waistband (I can have the waist taken in a bit), but I'm wondering if the extra .25 inches (or is it .5 inches total?) will be enough to accommodate my big thighs and behind. Going to 34 would make the waist way too big also increases the leg opening by .25 (or .5 inches total? and I like the leg opening now).

Ugh. This bums me out so much (no pun intended). What do you guys recommend? Mike, any thoughts?

If you got the Walts, try the Rudys as they have more room up top.

rotv

Reaction score
Anyone remember what the exact size discrepancy was in the old mill spec chinos? I have a pair of british khaki and a pair of gunmetal chinos in size 33 that are 1-2 inches to big and end up with an annoying chinch on the belt to wear them. I also have a pair of the mil spec olive drabs in 31 that are a touch too slim. If I remember right we were supposed to size down with them compared to the regular styles? I want to buy a pair of the chords or the khaki canvas and can't decide between a 31 or 32 since the 33 is too big.

I love the BK pants, I wear them all the time despite the belt issue, and somehow I ended up with faint bleach looking areas on them but I still wear them.

mdla

Reaction score
Speaking of mil spec... any chance there's gonna be another run of those? Missed the boat on my size early on...

nathanl

Reaction score
I love the BK pants, I wear them all the time despite the belt issue, and somehow I ended up with faint bleach looking areas on them but I still wear them.

The same bleachy looking lines happened to mine too - no idea what what caused it.

unclesam099

Reaction score

Just got my pair of Air Force Blue Worsted Wool trousers in size 32 in the Rudy fit. They're amazing; love the construction, cut, colour, feel of them... but they don't fit. The waist fits fine, but the thighs and ass are too tight, and when I sit in them they feel like they might tear at any moment... :(

You might be able to size up one and get a very similar appearance. I'd say try the 33 and then go from there. Tailoring the rear to open it up might help and also there looks to be some fabric on the inner leg to open the thigh if need be.

I'm in the same dilemma and got a 34 Walt (size down) - fits my waist and I love the silhouette but sitting leaves the fabric tight on my thighs which are smaller now since I haven't been running/rowing lately and I fear they may be too tight when I have time to work out again. I may need to let a bit out of the thigh in order to make these work, but the look is better than the 36 (of which I have 3 pair) due to the slight differences. I am still very happy with the 36s that I have , but they are a little less fitted.

Rhodia

Reaction score
My first pair of Epaulet trousers arrived today and I wanted to add to the chorus. I purchased the Walt Super 120s (it's still hot in Texas) and they fit great. Compared to so many other OTR trousers, the quality versus price point is unrivaled. My size sold out in some of the new fabrics, so I can't wait for the re-stocks (and to see the other fabrics later this season).

Ordered on Monday morning and arrived on Thursday morning, with a personalized note! Thank you Mike and Adele!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Are you guys going to do another run of the Weller in either color this year? The thread seems to indicate yes to gray and no to blue, but I just wanted to check. Also, are any OCBDs coming this fall?
We'll have another run of Medium Grey jackets coming around the end of October. I'll also do a true Navy Weller and Walt/Rudy, but that's going to be closer to December. And of course, the Brown Houndstooth Weller and Waistcoat! We don't have any Epaulet-brand OCBD's coming, as we're just running the point collar model in oxford cloth, but I believe I have another run of Blue Oxford Ashland shirts in-bound.
Just got my pair of Air Force Blue Worsted Wool trousers in size 32 in the Rudy fit. They're amazing; love the construction, cut, colour, feel of them... but they don't fit. The waist fits fine, but the thighs and ass are too tight, and when I sit in them they feel like they might tear at any moment... :( Now, I'm stumped. I can go to a 33, which will be a smidge big in the waist, but that's fine because of the split waistband (I can have the waist taken in a bit), but I'm wondering if the extra .25 inches (or is it .5 inches total?) will be enough to accommodate my big thighs and behind. Going to 34 would make the waist way too big also increases the leg opening by .25 (or .5 inches total? and I like the leg opening now). Ugh. This bums me out so much (no pun intended). What do you guys recommend? Mike, any thoughts?
Hmm, there is extra room in the legs to let out if you need to. I've had a few customers do that successfully. I wouldn't go up to a 34 if you're a true 32, but doing the 33 - and potentially letting the leg out beyond that - could definitely be a solution.
Anyone remember what the exact size discrepancy was in the old mill spec chinos? I have a pair of british khaki and a pair of gunmetal chinos in size 33 that are 1-2 inches to big and end up with an annoying chinch on the belt to wear them. I also have a pair of the mil spec olive drabs in 31 that are a touch too slim. If I remember right we were supposed to size down with them compared to the regular styles? I want to buy a pair of the chords or the khaki canvas and can't decide between a 31 or 32 since the 33 is too big. I love the BK pants, I wear them all the time despite the belt issue, and somehow I ended up with faint bleach looking areas on them but I still wear them.
Yes, the Mil-Spec made up an inch big in the waist. So the 31's that you have in those would be like a 32 in our other chinos. The slim-ness that you feel is probably from the pattern being out of wack. The waist is an inch too big, but the other specs were true to size (leg measurements, seat, etc). I think that a 32 in our new chinos will be the ticket.
UG, Out of my size in the Navy Chino. I hope you guys re-stock soon.. :(
Yup, got more on order already! Hopefully this order comes in faster.
My first pair of Epaulet trousers arrived today and I wanted to add to the chorus. I purchased the Walt Super 120s (it's still hot in Texas) and they fit great. Compared to so many other OTR trousers, the quality versus price point is unrivaled. My size sold out in some of the new fabrics, so I can't wait for the re-stocks (and to see the other fabrics later this season).

Ordered on Monday morning and arrived on Thursday morning, with a personalized note! Thank you Mike and Adele!
Thank you sir - glad that you're so pleased with them!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics