• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just got the gabardine trousers in the mail today. Perfect for the summer months. The texture is an interesting detail that isn't really conveyed in the pictures.

dougie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I just got the gabardine trousers in the mail today. Perfect for the summer months. The texture is an interesting detail that isn't really conveyed in the pictures.

I wore mine today. They're absolutely crucial when it's 100 degrees out.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
Is the purple Gitman overdye a lavender-ish type of purple or a deep plum purple?

It's a deep, awesome purple. Here's pics of both overdyes that we bought:

4758434572_61a5271d95.jpg

See Larger

4758437434_92800546d2.jpg

See Larger

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just got back into town - sorry for being MIA on the forum this week.

Originally Posted by palma
I know you guys did the british khaki chino, any chance you will be doing it in the light/gold type of color

http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/im...g-57910608.jpg

I happen to have a pair that is very similar to the color you guys sell.

-palma

We probably won't do that golden tone, but I'll most likely release a Rivet Chino in stone - which is the typical pale khaki color in the Fall. We're going to have a ton of different variants and fabrics to choose from.

Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis

on another note, i again want to say how great the epaulet shirts are. I have the red oxford, and the greycast chambray, and both of them are really great. They are cut well, made well, beautiful, and look amazing. I was thinking about how they are the rare piece of clothing for me that I feel increasingly better about the purchase as time goes on.

It is totally amazing that shirts of this quality are available for 130 USD.

I can't wait til both of them are beat up, aged, and worn-in.

Thank you sir! Really glad that you're pleased with the shirts. We're putting a western shirt into work on the Chambray Utility shape. I'm really excited about this, and I'll post pics once we get a sample in.

Originally Posted by slappy
What are everyones opinions on which pair of pants to get:

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...Trouser/Detail

or

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...-Cotton/Detail

Im leaning towards the moleskin as I feel like it might be a bit heavier material, but Im really not sure what the main differences are.

The two fabrics are totally different in weight. The Stone Gabardine is definitely a cotton dress trouser. It has a great hand and drape. It's more of a Spring-Summer weight, but I would definitely wear it through the late Fall without a problem. Think of it as a really luxurious version of the usual khaki trouser.

The UK Moleskin is heavy and thick. Excellent pant for colder days. It has a beefy hand and a sueded finish. The past fall, the Tan Moleskin was our best-seller by far.

Yea I was going to order the moleskin but realized they are out of 34's.

You could definitely give the 33's a try. As the moleskin is thick, it makes up a bit bigger. If you typically take a 34, then I'm pretty sure that the 33's will work too. When you have a medium rise and constructed waistband, the sizing isn't as sensitive.

Im also trying to decide between the red oxford and the red oxford button down collar. I dont like button shirts where if the top button is unbuttoned the shirt opens up tremendously exposing a lot of chest. I like the shirt to mostly stay straight to the top with a bit of the upper chest / lower neck exposed.

I assume the button down collar would pull this look off better? My chest is a tad hairy and with some shirts, if I dont wear an undershirt then a decent amount of hair shows through. So if this ramble isnt making sense to anyone, I want a shirt where the top of the shirt looks mostly closed even with the top button unbuttoned.

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...-Oxford/Detail

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...-Oxford/Detail

Definitely the buttondown collar. Since we have a high collar stand (fabric beneath the collar) and a fairly large roll, the buttondown collar stays fairly closed with the top button undone. I wanted to go for a 60's mod look, not a 70's swinger one. I think that you'll really dig the button stance on these.

Originally Posted by APK

Thank you sir!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Okay, I'm still waiting for the sample of the "Best Leather Jacket of All Time"

But meanwhile, I can show you one that's a serious contender. I'd actually put it on the same level - it's just different from the one that we're developing. And it's a serious ass-kicker.

The "Flying Dominator" is a custom Lewis Leathers jacket shape that was designed by Ian Paley of Garbstore. Founded in 1892, Lewis Leathers has an incredible history and makes all of their jackets in the UK. The leathers and construction are ridiculous. You can read about them at their website

4758670062_6170fbcc6e.jpg

View Larger

4758032425_442d412e19.jpg

View Larger

4758032057_2af44f2d3d.jpg

View Larger

4758669956_02d72ae572.jpg

View Larger

We'll get 8 units in early September, and the price will be around $850. I've always loved Lewis jackets, but the fit on them is really cropped and old-school. I bought two different styles back in the day, but ended up reselling them because the shape was too aggressive and didn't work for me. I'm really excited about this because of the longer body and ribbed bottom. It's extremely wearable, and a unique opportunity to get Lewis' phenomenal quality in a special shape.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
I've always loved Lewis jackets, but the fit on them is really cropped and old-school. I bought two different styles back in the day, but ended up reselling them because the shape was too aggressive and didn't work for me.

What Mike means is that Adele thought that he looked too much like a Gay Bear (tm) circa 1975. I know this because I was told essentially the same thing.

I'm really excited about this because of the longer body and ribbed bottom. It's extremely wearable, and a unique opportunity to get Lewis' phenomenal quality in a special shape.
Yeah, I'll be interested in seeing these.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy ****. Both of those are beautiful. What's the price on these, Mike? Hopefully it'll be around $130 instead of the high $165 they started pricing their plaids at...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
What Mike means is that Adele thought that he looked too much like a Gay Bear (tm) circa 1975. I know this because I was told essentially the same thing.

It's entirely true. Some of the Lewis jackets - however great they may be - will easily make you look like a Judas Priest stagehand. Not that there's anything wrong with that - in fact it's f-ing awesome on the right person. I just can't pull that off.

Originally Posted by kgmessier
I like these:

200864135258.jpg

200864135643.jpg

The second looks a little German-WWII, but would look incredible in brown.

- Keith

Agreed, the second jacket is my favorite one in their lineup. The first one is seriously Mad Max.

Originally Posted by L.I.T.
Just got the purple gingham really nice fabric and really quick service thanks again. Just a thought really loved the white and navy pindot wondering if you'll ever do one like the navy and red pindot tie print.
This one
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...avy-%26/Detail

Thank you! That's actually a great idea - we're working on a few options for the Fall pindot. I'll see if they have something like that. We're also considering doing the same color scheme in a larger scale dot.

Originally Posted by g transistor
Holy ****. Both of those are beautiful. What's the price on these, Mike? Hopefully it'll be around $130 instead of the high $165 they started pricing their plaids at...

They'll most likely be between those two prices. Last season's pinpoint oxfords sold for $145, but these might be a little more due to the overdye.

Originally Posted by 1969
Did I read you would be closed some next week? Planned a visit...

Yes, we're usually closed on Mondays, but we're going to close on Tuesday as well this week. We'll open back up at Wednesday at noon. Will you still be in town?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads