• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Question about the brixton boots; if I am normally a US 9, would a 8.5 be too big? Was gonna purchase an 8 but it's sold out :/. I've never owned a pair of boots.

8.5 should fit you fine if you're usually a 9...Barrie is traditionally 1/2 size down for most, a full size down would be too extreme IMO

unclesam099

Reaction score

Thanks, fellas.
The brown trousers are the new Donogal wool that was put up several days ago. It's noticeably thick, but not as quite as thick as the Harris Tweed. They are lined to the knees if I recall correctly. I tried them once when I got home at 10PM last night and didn't pay that much attention. Will be going to the tailor tomorrow!

You mean shetland, right? and if half lined like usual, going to violate my no-kop-after-wedding rule...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Question about the brixton boots; if I am normally a US 9, would a 8.5 be too big? Was gonna purchase an 8 but it's sold out :/. I've never owned a pair of boots.

Oh no, I think that the 8.5 should be good for you. It runs a half size big.

You mean shetland, right? and if half lined like usual, going to violate my no-kop-after-wedding rule...

Yup, Shetlands are just half-lined to the knee, like our normal wool trousers. They're not nearly as coarse as Harris Tweed. And although they're thick, they're still very wearable even in mild-ish Winters.

Should we size up for the belts?

Yes, go up 1-2" on your size. If you take a 32 or a 33 pant, get a 34 belt.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I think this question got missed. Still interested!

Oh sorry, they won't. There's not much of it, so we're going to cut exclusively chinos in this particular trio of flannels.

That said, the Walt/Rudy line is going to get its own assortment of 5-6 flannel colors for the Fall. They should come in about 2 weeks or so.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hrmmm Burnt Orange for Giants games?
shog[1].gif

Hell yes, especially in the postseason (TOO SOON???).

Also, new trousers came in!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

tumblr_m9lu4fosgm1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

Funny, got one of those too.

fistbump.gif

Last edited:

pwnstar

Reaction score
Any restocks coming on the cordovan alden black wingtips? Or, if not, any equivalent items being planned?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not usually one to wear a "trouser" in the truest sense, more often favoring denim and chinos.

But DAYUM.

Kashiwa

Reaction score
There was mention on here that some trouser fabrics can be made into jackets. Can someone please remind me of which ones?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I believe it is the Shetland tweeds that just went up in two colors and that have a purple still coming. Although I also believe I've read that there will be a Southwick special order process coming soon with your choice for the material, and possibly other MTO features.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads