• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was, thanks a lot for the follow up! Really appreciate it!

On the pants, I would think the same thing, until I tried on the Oxford cloth chinos in 36s. I thought they would be on the big side, but were way small. I even compared to the measurement on the site, and they seemed off on the small side. Going to give it a shot on both Rudy pants and shoes. Thanks again!

The Oxford cloth Rivets ran smaller than most others....and, Rivets in general will be slimmer than the Rudy. I wear a size 33 Rudy and I had to size up all the way to 36 to get a good fit on the Oxford cloths (generally I wear a 34 in other Rivets). I had to get the waist taken in, but now they fit perfectly. Actually, the 36 Oxfords are still tighter in some areas compared to some of my 33 Rudy's.

SVB - congrats and great pics!

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some friends of mine recently shot me for their lifestyle-themed website. They do profiles on people they're friends with or that they think are interesting. Check them/all the shots out on their site, Industry of One.

Southwick for Micheal Kuhle Midnight Blue Super 120's Wool Suit
Ashland Blue Paisley Silk Pocket Square
Epaulet Burgundy Paisley Tie
Epaulet Cutaway Collar Oxford Popover
Carmina For Epaulet Salinger Caramel Calf Double Monk

Southwick for Michael Kuhle Caine Navy Hopsack Blazer
Epaulet Cutaway Collar Oxford Popover (you guys noticing a trend yet?)
Epaulet Walt Trouser Medium Grey Super 120's Wool
Carmina for Epaulet Salinger Caramel Calf Double Monk

Ashland for Epaulet Blue/Grey/White Striped Oxford shirt
Epaulet Rivet Chino Desert Duck Canvas

neutrino

Reaction score
Joining all the other guys, would like to wish the best of all to you both
bigstar[1].gif

^Is it a reflection, or is the gemstone also a French blue hue?
The former. I guess our friend Stanley knows not to allow matchy-matchy-ness in his outfits
foo.gif

upgrayedd

Reaction score
Quote: I'm pretty reliably a 34" in most brands - 33" in some. I'm 6'1'' 185lbs with a round Italian ass and upper legs made from 12 years of soccer and hockey and the best fit for me is to get the 36" Rudy's and then have the waist taken in about 1 1/2 inches. I've tried 34" Rudy's and 36" Walts on at the store and they're passable albeit a big snug, but the 36" Rudys are pretty perfect.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
thanks guys!!

and Matt, I read that piece on you this morning and it's a cool story. You've had a pretty interesting life, apparently. Photos are superb as well.

Last edited:

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking good man! Is that an Ibanez Artist series you're playing?

Thank you, sir! It's actually an old Aria guitar. The dude that I was subletting my room from left it when he moved to Europe.

gotta say, multiple real life shots have warmed me to the blue oxford popover. Any chance it sees a restock?

I believe that we'll be running it again and in some other fabrics as well. It's really become my favorite shirt.

thanks guys!!

and Matt, I read that piece on you this morning and it's a cool story. You've had a pretty interesting life, apparently. Photos are superb as well.

Thanks man! I appreciate it. And congrats on your engagement! Baaaaallin'!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads