• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Competing with me for the 32's huh? Haha.

haha, it was a 34 actually...there was one on the website, so I put it in my cart and checked out and it looked like everything was fine, then I got an email today saying they were sold out in that size

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks for responding to the question Mike, you're a boss.
So - did you continue taking cool pics with that X-1? Please post.

Haha, my pleasure. And yes, I'll have Fuji X-Pro 1 photos to show shortly.

If anyone out there is on the fence about the X-Pro 1, it's freaking amazing. It's my favorite digital camera in years, and the photos are great. The 50mm-equivalent lens is so good.

tumblr_m3pvghbC6k1rux7jzo1_1280.png
Since we are talking about shells from Carmina. My favorite pair at the moment. I hope to break this bad boy in a bit more to reduce the heal slippage. It also squeeks a bit, hoping that would go away too, haha.

Nice, they look great!

You might consider getting tongue pads to knock out your heel slippage. They cost a few bucks at a shoe repair shop and stick to the bottom of the tongue. They're excellent for adjusting the fit on monkstrap and slipon styles. I use them in every pair of these shoes that I own. You won't notice them in there, but you will notice a much better fit. The squeaking will go away with a little bit of wear.

david3558

Reaction score

Nice, they look great!
You might consider getting tongue pads to knock out your heel slippage. They cost a few bucks at a shoe repair shop and stick to the bottom of the tongue. They're excellent for adjusting the fit on monkstrap and slipon styles. I use them in every pair of these shoes that I own. You won't notice them in there, but you will notice a much better fit. The squeaking will go away with a little bit of wear.

Mike brings up a good point - I took his advice after we had chatted in SF about this; if you don't like the look of the white felt (even if you can't see it), you can always opt for a brown felt pad. The white ones are cheap and rather common though. Heel slip can be addressed with a heel grip, I've found the sueded one to work pretty well (as I have a narrow heel). Another option is bringing it to a cobbler and paying around $20 to get a leather back liner cemented or stitched in (the same can actually be done for the tongue for that seamless look).

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just had to look at those Carmina boots. They are awesome Mike and in my favorite shell color. I wonder how much I could sell my kid for.....

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Funny story, when my grandmother was a little girl, someone came into her dad's barber shop and offered to buy her, amazing that that actually happened, but for these:
IMG_1565.jpg

I understand....can't wait to get em on already!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hey Rudy Dudes!

The special order run from last month just arrived. We'll get everyone's order shipped out within the next few days. If you're local and you want to pick them up, then all of the inventory is at our Manhattan shop. They came out great!

And, we'll do another run of Rudy preorders this week. I'll get them online Thurs-Fri and keep them up for a week. We'll be able to take orders on most of the fabrics from before, and we'll add in Regiment Twill Black, Royal, Emerald, and Golden Brown. We'll post up links once it's live.

thebunk

Reaction score
Man I hope I can fit into a pair of those pricks.

For the record, "those pricks" is Maritimer for double monks (just so you know).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads