• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK, so here we go. Multiple photos of the same trouser, Walt horizontal corduroy in wheat, so they count as one entry, but I invested, you know, 25 minutes in these, so I'll post them all.

Non Epaulet items: J Press flat cap and Shaggy Dog sweater, Filson waxed cotton coat, Paul Stuart socks, Alden LWB.

Did I make these photos big enough?:)

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys look great beatle, olsin , frank.

Beatle you seem to be the ideal person to market the Rudy to, I wouldn't say they look tight, they look great, but my Rudy's are so much bigger on me. Its a fit that keeps your look slim while giving you the thigh room you need. I guess my thighs are not as big as they used to be...:slayer:

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
might be selling my red chambray in M if anyone's interested. worn once

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Beatlegeuse, you get my vote for the wheaten! Best dogs ever (my 5yr old wheaten confirmed this)

Haha, yeah I was hoping to snag the dog lover vote for the contest. My dog turns 4 next week!

beatleguese, you bear resemblance to defunct poster socal2nyc

I'll have to go back and check some of his posts, but I'd be willing to wager we're probably not related.

You guys look great beatle, olsin , frank.
Beatle you seem to be the ideal person to market the Rudy to, I wouldn't say they look tight, they look great, but my Rudy's are so much bigger on me. Its a fit that keeps your look slim while giving you the thigh room you need. I guess my thighs are not as big as they used to be...:slayer:

Thanks man! Yeah, the Rudy doesn't really feel tight on me, it's the perfect level of slimness that I was looking for. I think sometimes they look a tad tight in pictures, but maybe that's just my eyes playing tricks on me. There's a reason why I haven't bought a pair of non-Epaulet trousers in the last 6 months...I haven't been able to find anything else that fits me nearly as well, and I'm starting to doubt that I ever will.

My two favorite recent fits:

Beatle, digging the look of that jacket and shirt. Frank, great composition.

Nice shoes in both pics. Oh, and the pants are pretty nice, too. :)

Thanks for the compliments KG! Your pics have definitely been an inspiration.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks for the compliments KG! Your pics have definitely been an inspiration.

Completely agree here, a lot of great photos coming across of a lot of sharp looking guys in great trousers (as well as a lot of other great gear). Cheers to an excellent contest.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

entry 2, brown flannels.

Love the pipe.

Trouser Contest Fit #3 - Epaulet Cramerton Walts, Ercoles Shirt and Blazer, Panta Tie, Vintage Hanover LWB

IMG_1397.jpg

Definitely a plus combination of patterns. A great bold look, proving that it's just not loud summer pants that can announce one's disregard for convention.

[COLOR=FF0000]Submission #6: I'm Dreaming of a[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]P[/COLOR][COLOR=006400]l[/COLOR][COLOR=FF0000]a[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]i[/COLOR][COLOR=008000]d[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]Christmas[/COLOR]​

Slim Walt Stewart Black Tartan Wool Trousers
Caine Wool Blazer

*n.b. I had my department holiday party today and intended to wear this outfit even before seeing what NYR and SVB posted. I will say, however, that I was inspired by a recent post of NYR's.

And of course, can't ever really have enough of plaid pants.

nbernie

Reaction score
Any chance Epaulet will be selling sunglasses this summer? I'm hoping to be able to not even go into any other stores.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads