• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just ordered the Walt navy marled lambswool trousers (sz 30) and now I cannot wait for Fall.

Just dropped mine off to be hemmed. Awesome material and a great color. Think it was a 192 degrees F in Houston today so I don't expect to wear these for awhile

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Smiths ~ 6 months off and on

Hurricane003_edited-1-2-1.jpg

Hurricane004_edited-1-2-1.jpg

apparently i do this **** all wrong....my jeans never get nice fades...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I can confirm: ludacris played up at orono last year so yeah, hes got a fair share!

let me know if you need anything in portland!

Haha, absolutely. If you ever want to send a dozen lobster rolls my way, that would be pretty ace :)

hey Mike...I saw you posted a few pages back that the brown houndstooth waistcoats should be on their way shortly. Any idea on what pricing will look like for those? Also, I seem to remember a comment a while back about cordovan belts, but I can't find the exact post. Are you still planning on releasing those at some point? Thanks!

Yup, we'll have two price levels - wool waistcoats (including Brn Houndstooth) will be $245, and Moleskin Waistcoats will be $225. They're dope! They have proper labels, side adjustment tabs, and four front pockets (two flaps on the bottom, two welts on the top). They have way more presence than a vest, so they'll be no danger of looking like FutureSex/LoveSounds-era Justin Timberlake if you wear them with denim or casual trousers.

Just ordered the Walt navy marled lambswool trousers (sz 30) and now I cannot wait for Fall.

Thank you!

Smiths ~ 6 months off and on

Whoa, thanks for posting up the pics - they look great!

Hey Mike-
Are you still expecting a shirt delivery this week?

When is your next trouser delivery?

Awhile back you used to share swatches of upcoming releases. Any chance you could get that rolling again?

Just received new black CXL penny loafers and Natural CXL belts today. I'll put them up with a quickness tomorrow.

We're expecting our first big shirt delivery either Friday of this week or Tuesday of next. Trousers are still about 4 weeks out, and chinos should ship from LA any day now. We got some really boss cufflinks today too, I'll get those online shortly. If anyone owns an English bulldog out there, you'll never be able to resist the bulldog cufflinks that we received. Holy god, they're so good.

Yeah, I wish I was more on top of the swatch scanning and posting. I'd like to start doing it again, but I'm trying to invest most of my time in getting product shot and put online. And doing natural light and fit pics for everything. In the past, we'd only have about 30% of the store available through the site. I'm trying to get 100% up this season, so that we can offer the widest possible assortment. But I'll see what I can do :)

have too many belts...must not buy bridle leather natural belt...

Natural CXL coming tomorrow :devil:

I'm really really interested in the Thorogood for Epaulet Rugged Cowhide No. 685 Boot. I'm just wondering if they'd be appropriate for a cold prairie winter in which I'll be trudging through snow. Will the harsh Alberta climate ruin these beauties or would they be great boots for winter?

Thanks, glad that you like them!

The answer depends on how much snow trudging you aim to do. I intended the Thorogood 685 to be a versatile year-round boot. It's not waterproof, and it's not insulated. This is because true waterproof/insulated pieces are pretty hot. That's great if you're outside for long stretches of time, but it's a pain if you're inside and wearing your boots to work or to class.

With the Pecards leather dressing, you can absolutely wear these in the snow or rain. They're really tough too - they can take it. They'll stand up to the elements as much as a Red Wing / Alden Indy / Wolverine 1000 mile, and with their comfort and lower price point, a lot of people like beating them in and exposing them to the elements. There's nothing to ruin - that sole is tough, the leather is really rugged, and they're goodyear storm welted.

That said, most people wearing them in lousy weather are going to commute in them. Or walk around town with them. They're strong enough against the elements to be outside, but not so rugged that you can't wear them inside. But if you wear them outside for a long time, and it's bitterly cold, your feet are going to be cold. If you wear them in really deep snow drifts, the boots will be fine, but eventually some snow will get inside and get your feet wet. I wore my 685's for a good portion of last winter, but when it snowed like hell in NYC and we were buried for a week, I broke out the LL Bean boots. Once the sidewalks were shoveled, the 685's came out again. Hope that answers it!

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you just convinced me to order these babies. I work downtown (and drive to public transit station and take the bus), so it's not like I'm really wading through feet upon feet of snow. True to size?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I put up our first Fall delivery from Ben Sherman Modern Classics.

First up is their slim-fit oxford in Grey and White. It's a cool repro piece that's an homage to their original 1960's buttondown collar shirt. It's made in the UK of a nice beefy cloth, and the fit is very similar to our in-house shirts. They made 100 units per color, and each shirt is individually numbered. Comes in a cool gift box too! The body cut on this is long, so you'll most likely need to tuck it in if you're not taller than 5'9" or so.

Ben Sherman Modern Classics Grey Oxford: $150

Ben Sherman Modern Classics Grey Oxford: $150

And, we received a really nice dark Navy Fisherman's sweater. If you size down one from Epaulet shirts, the fit on this thing is pretty perfect.

Ben Sherman Modern Classics Dark Navy Fisherman's Crewneck Sweater: $200

nbernie

Reaction score
Mike, is there any gray glen plaid in store for this year's trousers? Also is the grape flannel in the delivery in four weeks?
Also, a light gray moleskin would be doooope.

Last edited:

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Someone beat me to the Unfinished Bridle Leather Single Prong in 32. Are you going to do a re-stock of those? I particularly like them because they age so nicely.

Although, I'll keep my eyes open for the natural chromexcel belts tomorrow.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Mike, is there any gray glen plaid in store for this year's trousers? Also is the grape flannel in the delivery in four weeks?
Also, a light gray moleskin would be doooope.

YES! Super-luxe fabric, in a really subtle, tonal grey plaid. It's gonna be gorgeous. Should be here in about three weeks.

Ah, man Grey Moleskin would be so tight! Unfortunately, our UK fabric supplier doesn't do that. We'll fully restock Olive and Navy within the next few weeks too, and run those colors - plus Tan - for the whole season.

Someone beat me to the Unfinished Bridle Leather Single Prong in 32. Are you going to do a re-stock of those? I particularly like them because they age so nicely.

Although, I'll keep my eyes open for the natural chromexcel belts tomorrow.

Ah sorry about that, it was a belt Armageddon with our last e-mail newsletter. We'll restock that shortly though - probably about two-three weeks. The Unfinished belts are ace, and I'll try to keep them in stock at all times, as much as possible.

Natural CXL is actually arriving today - I should be able to shoot them and get them online tonight. We're getting a pretty limited run, so definitely grab one sooner than later if you're planning on it. I'll restock them, but that's probably about 6-8 weeks away after this delivery.

That fisherman's sweater is sweet.

Oh man, I love it. BS Modern Classics really delivers on their pieces. The hand on it is super-nice, and we've actually sold about six of them in our stores - which is kind of crazy for it being August.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

YES! Super-luxe fabric, in a really subtle, tonal grey plaid. It's gonna be gorgeous. Should be here in about three weeks.

Ah, man Grey Moleskin would be so tight! Unfortunately, our UK fabric supplier doesn't do that. We'll fully restock Olive and Navy within the next few weeks too, and run those colors - plus Tan - for the whole season.

Damn, the grey plaid trousers sound great! Can't wait to see what those look like. Also looking forward to a pair of tan moleskins...will those be restocked in both the Walt and Rudy fit? Every time I check the website I look at the tan moleskins hoping that there's going to be more sizes available, but it looks like most have been out of stock for a while.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Damn, the grey plaid trousers sound great! Can't wait to see what those look like. Also looking forward to a pair of tan moleskins...will those be restocked in both the Walt and Rudy fit? Every time I check the website I look at the tan moleskins hoping that there's going to be more sizes available, but it looks like most have been out of stock for a while.

Very cool! You know, we actually stopped running the Moleskin's in Rudy fit. The fabric is so thick that the leg makes up larger than the other fabrics that we use. Most Rudy fit customers - including me - have no problem wearing the Walt in moleskin. We've got every walt size in stock except 28 at the moment.

TopHatCat

Reaction score

Hey guys, I put up our first Fall delivery from Ben Sherman Modern Classics.

Oh cool, I was just looking up this line.

If this is your first delivery, does this mean you're getting in other pieces from the Modern Classics collection?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads