• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet So the Hertling EFF pants are still on track to be delivered to us before Christmas?

kickstand

Reaction score
@Epaulet For sleeve length I assume just leave the drop down box as regular and put the sleeve inseam in the comments?

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet For sleeve length I assume just leave the drop down box as regular and put the sleeve inseam in the comments?

@kickstand yes sir, that's perfect.

Got two more videos to upload.. all of the items should now have a direct link to a Google Photos album where you can view and download the swatches at 2400px

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet Mike, any idea what temp, the Snorkel Parka is rated to?

@el es dee I couldn't tell you exactly.. although from personal experience, these military ratings are a bit misleading. They'll always say something insane like -10 degrees F.

It uses the same insulation as our Snorkel Parka from a few years back, so you'll have no problem wearing it into the 20's with a thick sweater underneath it. I'm a wimp about cold, and even this kept me warm enough. It's a bit less insulated than a Canada Goose jacket.

You can read more about it at the American Trench site too

We've got the last of the 38's and 40's available. It's really a fantastic piece, and the best snorkel that I've seen given that Ventile outer shell.

cyclohexane

Reaction score
IIRC the military temperature ratings of their clothing systems are given as if the item is considered properly deployed/utilized.

Proper deployment/utilization tends to take page after page of fine print and specific instructions into account, very little of which is actually printed on the already massive and nearly illegible tag inside the garment.

A parka might be rated to -10 F, but it might be "level seven" of a specific clothing system, and that -10 F assumes you're wearing all of the items from 1 though 6 (or 1-4 and 6, because 5 is incompatible when worn with 7, and so on).

Even the sizing instructions work like this. Just look at the ubiquitous M1965 field jacket. It says a tagged XS is for someone with a 33" chest or some other insanely tiny measurement, yet I'm pretty sure you could fit someone with a 40" chest into the XS. The 33" chest assumes a ton of other clothing and equipment being worn under the jacket, but you'd never know this unless you had the quartermaster's giant stack of paperwork explaining this.

Todd V

Reaction score

@kickstand
 yes sir, that's perfect. 

Got two more videos to upload.. all of the items should now have a direct link to a Google Photos album where you can view and download the swatches at 2400px

Ok, so who's getting what?

kickstand

Reaction score
My top 3 favorites are

Cloudy sunrise lightweight flannel
Dark olive subdued check in the budget tweed
and Washed ivory/teal/java which is just too awesome

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, earlier this year I picked up a moleskin called "Green Mist Moleskin" that's been pretty in the cold weather here in Toronto so far. Do you know what weight it is? Trying to use it as a benchmark for future purchases. Are the current MTO moleskin trousers the same weight?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I bought the Steel Blue Mohair suit last year and it is killer. I am definitely going to jump on another mohair or super 150 suit with these prices. 

Do you have any pictures of your mohair suit? I'm really interested in picking one up this time around. Also, how is the fabric weight? Would you say this is too warm for most of the spring?

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok, so who's getting what?
Torn between chestnut and oatmeal flannel. I think an oatmeal trouser has to happen at the bare minimum.

The brown PoW with the blue windowpane in the non-promo section is also pretty fantastic.

SherifEnt

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of your mohair suit? I'm really interested in picking one up this time around. Also, how is the fabric weight? Would you say this is too warm for most of the spring?
I will try to take some pics later. I live in the NYC area and can easily wear it all year round.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, earlier this year I picked up a moleskin called "Green Mist Moleskin" that's been pretty in the cold weather here in Toronto so far. Do you know what weight it is? Trying to use it as a benchmark for future purchases. Are the current MTO moleskin trousers the same weight?

That is my most worn Epaulet pant by far. It's so good.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got an MTO pair of the navy moleskin Taylors in the mail to me right now. Ordered at the beginning of Nov, so pretty good turnaround time. Looking forward to the EFF trousers coming in too!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nostradamus