• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noobedloser

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
The Smith fit is pretty close to the APC New Standard, you just don't have to size down two. Some customers size down one (or get one inch bigger than APC NS) if they want a really snug fit.

sorry should have been more specific, how does the denim quality compare to APC or 316?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got home to find my shadow dot shirt. fabric feels amazing i got the hand written note but it was adressed to David ... so some dude named david is going to get a note saying thanks Pierce haha. not sure who david is but he must have good taste because i assume we both got the same shirt
fistbump.gif

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
That GANT rainslicker is sick. I wish I had the cash so I could get it.

I have the GANT Hiker Parka from Fall '10 and it is just as awesome. Love GANTs outerwear.

daev

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
just got home to find my shadow dot shirt. fabric feels amazing

i got the hand written note but it was adressed to David ... so some dude named david is going to get a note saying thanks Pierce haha. not sure who david is but he must have good taste because i assume we both got the same shirt
fistbump.gif

That might have been me..
laugh.gif

The last name (assuming there was one), didn't happen to start with a B did it?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wish i didn't miss the shadow dot smalls

gitman has a comparable but honestly the EP version looks a lot better

fit pics guise pls.

babump, they can be worn untucked, absolutely.

dsoren

Reaction score
Oh yes, sorry - that's a cut n' paste error - he's actually wearing a medium in all of the shirts and jackets. I'll get that fixed right now.

As a whole, the Gant and Gant MB is fitting a size bigger than Epaulet shirting. The only exceptions are the Gant MB Seersucker Sportcoat and the Gant short sleeve madras shirt

Seem to be pretty comparable to me. I have two GANT Rugger shirts that fit me very similarly to my two Epaulet shirts...

Originally Posted by slack tide
i wish i didn't miss the shadow dot smalls

gitman has a comparable but honestly the EP version looks a lot better

fit pics guise pls.

babump, they can be worn untucked, absolutely.

****. I need one.

New Gant by MB stuff is sicknasty...

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm heading out to LA from the 20th to the 24th. I'm thinking about hosting an Epaulet Styleforum LA meetup on the evening of the 22nd (Tues) or 23rd (Wed).

I'm thinking about renting a huge karaoke room at the Little Tokyo mall and having an absolutely insane party. Would any of you Los Angeles peeps be interested? Any preference for the 22nd vs. the 23rd?

Hey if you're still thinking of doing this, I would make a new thread or some kind of announcement so that the rest of the LA people who may not frequent this thread will see it.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i got the hand written note but it was adressed to David ... so some dude named david is going to get a note saying thanks Pierce haha. not sure who david is but he must have good taste because i assume we both got the same shirt
fistbump.gif

randomkoreandavid

ThomSquared

Reaction score
Hey Mike,

You by any chance know if you will be getting that Gitman dish towel shirt in the blue color scheme? I like the red but feel like I could potentially look like an idiot in that color.

nineohtoo

Reaction score
I'm feeling a little regret on not grabbing an XS Doublefaced Charcoal Tartan shirt. I know that's probably not coming back, but is there a chance of any other double faced shirts down the line? and if anyone has one they'd be willing to let go of, please let me know
biggrin.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobedloser
sorry should have been more specific, how does the denim quality compare to APC or 316?

Hmm, that's a tough one. All three are made of different denims. Although our denim (Kurabo) and 316's (Kaihara) is generally held in higher regard than the denim that APC uses.

fistbump.gif

Haha, sorry about mixing up the cards but at least we got the product right! Hope that you dig the shadow dot. Man, that thing sold out fast as hell - we've got exactly one unit (one size medium) left. Fabric is totally out of production in Japan, so that's it for the season.

Originally Posted by HelloIDistance
That GANT rainslicker is sick. I wish I had the cash so I could get it.

I have the GANT Hiker Parka from Fall '10 and it is just as awesome. Love GANTs outerwear.

Oh man, the Hiker was incredible! What a great jacket.

Originally Posted by dsoren
Seem to be pretty comparable to me. I have two GANT Rugger shirts that fit me very similarly to my two Epaulet shirts...

Yes, but the fit is definitely bigger this season. It's not necessarily relaxed, it's just scaled up one. Probably so that the sizing is more consistent with larger American brands. Anyone interested in the Gant MB shirting should definitely order a size down from Epaulet sizing.

Originally Posted by cl smooth
still no signs of the denim?

Not yet, but should be soon! (sorry I know I keep saying that)

Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Hey if you're still thinking of doing this, I would make a new thread or some kind of announcement so that the rest of the LA people who may not frequent this thread will see it.

Absolutely, will do. I'm going to confirm it for Tuesday night.

Originally Posted by golfham
Mike:

When are you getting these in 9s?

Dropped you a PM

Originally Posted by ThomSquared
Hey Mike,

You by any chance know if you will be getting that Gitman dish towel shirt in the blue color scheme? I like the red but feel like I could potentially look like an idiot in that color.

Yes, actually - we just got four units of Medium and one Large. I'll put it online later today.

Originally Posted by nineohtoo
I'm feeling a little regret on not grabbing an XS Doublefaced Charcoal Tartan shirt. I know that's probably not coming back, but is there a chance of any other double faced shirts down the line? and if anyone has one they'd be willing to let go of, please let me know
biggrin.gif

Hmm, I'm sure that we'll do some more for the Fall. But rest assured, I have plenty of sick XS shirts coming soon!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads