• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stlms3

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Will the new EPLA polos be really breathable like the lucianos or like some of the sunspels, or witll they be the more traditional pique?

Also, any linen or linen blend shirts or polos for the summer?

thanks!

aldenfan

Reaction score
Also, I received the MTO swatches for both Southwick and Luigi Bianchi, so we'll be building that out online shortly.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Mike

Thanks for the pictures of the material. Curious how color plays in the light? It resolves to a denim-ish blue from a distance rather than gray? I like the surface texture but against the Navy Duck Canvas, it almost seems gray though it might be my monitor. Color is funny in that way...the swatch alone is clearly blue, and a lovely marled appearance.

The shrinkage is going to be similar to the navy Doyle, i.e. minimal?
Are you still expecting a 30 day turn-around? Will you wait for all the units to be sold?

Cheers

Sure thing. The fabric is a bit bluish-grey in person. I'd say more blue. It's going to make up as a beautiful piece. And no worries about shrinkage - like the Doyle, this will be prewashed with all shrinkage removed.

Our plan is to submit the order on May 12th or when all of the units are sold. Turnaround time is about 6 weeks with shipping from LA, so we're looking at end June. If all of the units get ordered in a few days, then we can submit on Monday-Tuesday and shave some time off of that. We'll just have to see how quickly it moves.

Hey Mike, sorry to nag, but any updates on the release timeline for the kamigata noragi? The weather here in Portland is finally clearing up and I'm itching to get one!

Yup, we have it now. So, the issue is that this is going to be a nice press piece for us and we can't launch it until we have good fit photos, AND the weather in NYC was total shite when we planned to shoot those yesterday.

I'll post up studio photos and measurments of the pieces in the next day or two. We can always take orders via email or phone for anyone who's really keen to order them before the launch. Otherwise we're planning to have the full presentation of it next week.

aldenfan

Reaction score
Going live tomorrow

Hey guys,

Quick heads-up for product releases.

1) The limited edition Cone Mills Doyle preorder will be live by 1:30PM PST (about an hour from now). We've got 50 units available to produce.

2) We'll launch Overdyed Denim Doyles (black and navy) and Overdyed Denim Wilshires (black and navy) sometime this evening. They are en-route to NYC now, so any online orders placed will be fulfilled next Tuesday

3) We've got a smattering of EPNY shirts, both from New England and Gitman. Including two Gitman shirts in the Ashland/Keystone fit

4) We have two new OTR Driggs trousers - grey canvas and grape canvas

Also, I received the MTO swatches for both Southwick and Luigi Bianchi, so we'll be building that out online shortly.
For the EPLA Doyle Jacket Cone Mills Heavyweight Chambray, can you do long or larger sizes or it is limited to the sizings listed?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

EPLA Doyle Jacket Cone Mills Heavyweight Chambray PREORDER: $175

Hey guys,

The preorder is live! We've got 50 units available to sell in this awesome deadstock Cone Mills Chambray.

As a Styleforum bonus, every order placed for this will earn a 15% discount code towards your next purchase with us. You can use this on anything in our online shop and it will not expire. It cannot be used retroactively though.

We're putting this into our newsletter tomorrow, so you guys have first crack at it today. We've sold about a dozen units in the past 15 minutes, so I'd grab one sooner than later if it catches your eye.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mike,

would there be any reason to size differently than my other Doyle? I did know if this material may lay in a way that would create any difference?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Mike,

would there be any reason to size differently than my other Doyle? I did know if this material may lay in a way that would create any difference?

Nope. This will be washed so the sizing should be consistent with the duck canvas Doyles. The factory needs a 0.5" allowance at the seams, as washing/shrinkage can vary a bit from piece to piece, but you can expect it to work well with the duck canvas. Same weight and most likely a similar hand too.

For the EPLA Doyle Jacket Cone Mills Heavyweight Chambray, can you do long or larger sizes or it is limited to the sizings listed?

No, just the sizes and dimensions listed for the Doyle. That said, if you're wearing a larger size than the length may be okay. Check out Oisin's fit photos - he's a very tall guy who takes a 40 in the Doyle. It may look a little cropped, but the rules aren't so strict on a casual piece like this. Just depends on what you're comfortable with.

We're going to see if we can eventually make the EPLA Sportcoat in a long.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nope. This will be washed so the sizing should be consistent with the duck canvas Doyles. The factory needs a 0.5" allowance at the seams, as washing/shrinkage can vary a bit from piece to piece, but you can expect it to work well with the duck canvas. Same weight and most likely a similar hand too.
Done, kopped
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

If I'm between 38 and 40R in Caine Hopsack (have 38), should I go for size 39 in Doyle?

thanks

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Even as a younger guy, I love higher rise pants (also one of my favorite things about the Walt cut). It also happens to work better with my build of longer torso and shorter legs, with the extra length being in the waist/hips. It's been said before, but that's also what I loved about the wardrobe in Her.
It probably does depend a bit on proportions, though a certain GTH mindset can help. Have to admit I didn't see Her, but I see from the photos what you are talking about and I like it. Seems GQ is not a fan (and I'm more than OK with that):
im diggin the rise on your pants lately
Thanks. And this is technically my low rise look... :)
Cognac carmina long wings and burgundy hopsack on a cool grey spring day.
Very nice combination. The burgundy hopsack is really an all-star.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads