• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any other jeans in the pipeline?  Looking to make a purchase in the spring.  The current EPLA fit looks a bit looser than the walt cut in the pics, is that right or just an optical illusion?  

Illusion. The cut is very similar to the Rivet, and is actually a touch slimmer in the thigh than Rivets,and already a smaller leg opening--so def slimmer overall than Walts. This is assuming a same/same size comparison.

I think some people sized up.

tigerpac

Reaction score
^Thanks! Walt's are perfectly tight as is... maybe I'll hold out for a walt cut denim then!

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^Thanks!  Walt's are perfectly tight as is... maybe I'll hold out for a walt cut denim then!

If you can wear Walts comfortably then the Wilshire jean should work pretty well for you, depending on how you like your denim to fit. The Fairfax fit is going to be more for guys who can't fit into the Walt and can only wear the Rudy cut, so that might be a little big for you.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Agreed with @Beatlegeuse. My Walt 32s are perfect in the waist and a bit loose in the thighs, and I can take a Wilshire 31 for a very slim fit. If, like you @tigerpac, my Walts fit less loose, I'd think my regular Walt size or one up would work perfectly. You can also take your rivet chino size if that's different from your Walt size.

Last edited:

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree w/ this, but just be aware of the thigh measurements. I can wear 32 Walts easily. 32 Rivets fit slim but fine. 32 Wilshire jeans were well oversize in the waist--could almost slip them off over my hips--but the thighs were snug. Not crazy tight, but snug and def slimmer than my Rivets (which are slimmer than my Walts).

It's a thigh thing. Not an uncommon issue for me...

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't disagree w/ this, but just be aware of the thigh measurements. I can wear 32 Walts easily. 32 Rivets fit slim but fine. 32 Wilshire jeans were well oversize in the waist--could almost slip them off over my hips--but the thighs were snug. Not crazy tight, but snug and def slimmer than my Rivets (which are slimmer than my Walts).

It's a thigh thing. Not an uncommon issue for me...

Same for me. Some of this just boils down to body type.

fitchottie

Reaction score
Do you guys know off hand if Epaulet ever offers sizes 36 or 38 in the chinos or other pants.?

dcinitial

Reaction score
Do you guys know off hand if Epaulet ever offers sizes 36 or 38 in the chinos or other pants.?
Definitely 36's in Walts and Rivets.

So I've been debating it over and over in my mind: to cuff or not to cuff the tweed walt pants? What do you guys suggest?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After seeing NYR's pic from about a week ago I'd been meaning to wear my KZO... so a random fit pic.

KZO Reactor cardigan (from Epaulet)
Uniqlo
Epaulet charcoal birdseye Walts
Alden brown CXL PTBs

All under the snorkel parka, which is wonderful and my favorite buy from Epaulet in the last year.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So would 38's be a special order.? I would assume yes but figured I would ask.

38s are part of the special order program.

I believe Mike has said there are going to be a lot of choices in special order trousers coming for S/S, including Rivets, Walts, Rudys, and a couple (?) of new chinos.

You can specify details too, including the hem length.

Pretty much full service and absolutely excellent trousers and chinos.

Last edited:

tigerpac

Reaction score
Hmm my interest is very much peaked in the jeans now! Thanks for the sizing info guys. As somebody used to the high-priced Japanese raw denim brands am I going to be disappointed in these or am I going to feel ripped off paying 2-3x for those?

So far my experiences with Epaulet and their fine clothes has been the later. Thanks again.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know anything about high-end Japanese denim, so I could be very wrong, but I'm going to say that Wilshires aren't going to (and aren't intended to) replace specialty denim that costs 2x-3x more.

That being said, the denim is soft, it's breaking in nicely for my taste, and the cut is classic Epaulet.

So I'd say odds are you'll be pleased.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads