• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hello Gents,

For those who have or have seen both the Alden 966 shortwing and the Carmina Fitzgerald Cognac Shell, are they too similar to each other? I have the Alden 966 and would like to add one more brown/dark brown shoe to my work wardrobe. Maybe I should go for the Rand Monkstrap in Cognac? That baby would have to be VERY comfortable for me to drop that kind of coin on a monkstrap... :D The double-monk would be neat but I am in a rather conservative work environment and I think that shoe looks best in the saddle shell.

I'd be special ordering a small size so both the upcharge and the wait will kill me. :crazy:

Any advice is appreciated!

Todd V

There's definitely a good difference between the Alden 966 and the Fitzgerald, but I'd recommend the single monk. It's really fantastic. The design is sharp and it's equally versatile as dress or casual. It'll be radiant in Cognac!

I'm probably in the minority but are zips on chinos possible instead or buttons? It's so much easier to pull a zipper instead of buttoning up

Yes sir. So, I can tell you guys: in the next two weeks we'll introduce our MTO Rivet Chino program. I'm still pricing everything out, but they'll be a few options:

1. Size 26 to 42, with all odd sizes possible
2. All Inseam lengths (anywhere from 28 to 40", by 1" increments)
3. 5-6 different colors of herringbone taping - or no herringbone taping at all
4. Bunch of different pocket options (flaps, coin pocket, welts, etc)
5. Button or zip fly - with a bunch of different buttons to choose from
6. Range of existing cotton fabrics with things like wool flannel and tweed coming on for the Fall.

So this will absolutely be an option. Turnaround will be fast as well - generally 3-4 weeks.

was looking at apartments in nyc yesterday and my broker showed me one literally right next door to LES epaulet.

it was a nice place but that was the biggest plus to me, that means i have a problem right?

Haha very cool! One big thing to note: the LES is pretty freaking loud and chaotic at night, especially when college is in session. It seems a lot quieter because it's the summertime. Unless you get a really boss deal or a new soundproofed apartment, you might want to look outside of this immediate area. But we'd be happy to have you close by regardless!

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

6. Range of existing cotton fabrics with things like wool flannel and tweed coming on for the Fall.

So this will absolutely be an option. Turnaround will be fast as well - generally 3-4 weeks.

Things like this absolutely blow me away. The lengths Epaulet is willing to go to make that perfect pant (and subsequently perfect retail experience) for any customer astounds me. All power to you. :slayer:

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes sir. So, I can tell you guys: in the next two weeks we'll introduce our MTO Rivet Chino program. I'm still pricing everything out, but they'll be a few options:

Mike,

The old japanese cotton gunmetal PLEASEEEEEE? Best rivet fabric ever. :slayer:

neutrino

Reaction score
My wallet.. my poor wallet
frown.gif

TactileOne

Reaction score
Hem or cuff? I just got my first pair of Epaulet trousers, the Rudy Navy Duck Canvas, and I'm curious as to the conscience regarding cuffing or hemming. I generally hem straight front pants and cuff pleated pants, but am open to suggestions.

Todd V

Reaction score
Hello,

That is really up to you. Personally, I *might* add cuffs if it were a heavyweight trouser (e.g. flannel or tweed) and I were going to wear them with substantial shoes or boots. Otherwise, I prefer a hem to the proper length.

Now...if those were Rivet chinos, then your options would be more like hem to length or hem them long and roll them up... but that is a different pair of pants!

Todd V

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So this will absolutely be an option. Turnaround will be fast as well - generally 3-4 weeks. Originally Posted by El Argentino

Things like this absolutely blow me away. The lengths Epaulet is willing to go to make that perfect pant (and subsequently perfect retail experience) for any customer astounds me. All power to you.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

+1. I hardly want to buy retail anywhere else. This is going to get me into a lot of trouble. And I just cleaned out my closet to make room for a shoe/boot rack...

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hem or cuff? I just got my first pair of Epaulet trousers, the Rudy Navy Duck Canvas, and I'm curious as to the conscience regarding cuffing or hemming. I generally hem straight front pants and cuff pleated pants, but am open to suggestions.

I cuffed my Navy Duck Walt's

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Haha very cool! One big thing to note: the LES is pretty freaking loud and chaotic at night, especially when college is in session. It seems a lot quieter because it's the summertime. Unless you get a really boss deal or a new soundproofed apartment, you might want to look outside of this immediate area. But we'd be happy to have you close by regardless!

Is it possible that this is both the best and worst news I have heard in awhile?

Last edited:

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really wish Epaulet would stop making it easier and easier to order more options ;(

nathanl

Reaction score

Oh. crap. I had pretty much switched away from Rivets to Walts because they were easier to dress up, but some of these options sound fantastic...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads