• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Caine hopsack, FF basket weave Walts, and Lama Carminas;

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Too guido. More Bensonhurst than Carroll Gardens. I'd call in the McQueen or the Dean. No explaination required.

Since I was thinking of Joey Ramone, guido never crossed my mind. I agree, not a desirable possible inference.

One other proposal: the MCA.

^ Call the leather jacket the "Joey."

I dig both the "Joey" and the "MCA"

MCA is actually really awesome. I feel like every perfecto-ish jacket immediately gets a Brando reference. I haven't seen an MCA call-out, but you're right, he rocked those. And RIP.

I might go a different route altogether and roll with the "Halford." I'm sure that we can find a million absolutely ridiculous pics of Rob Halford (the singer of Judas Priest if you ain't knowing) wearing all kinds of crazy bondage ****, but he a pretty awesome UK metal style going in the early days.

And this jacket is meant to be a nod to those old school Lewis Leathers coats, it's just a better quality of skin, made in the States and a more wearable overall shape.

EDIT.. on second thought I'm almost surely not going to name it after Rob Halford. But that doesn't change that fact that we all think he's cool as hell. I saw them play in Vienna like 10 years ago and he was STILL killing it on vocals after all of these years.

This is awesome, but I hope that oddly placed zipper on the sleeve doesn't make it into the final production version.

Good chance that it won't. I saw a jacket from the 70's with that zip detail and I liked it, but I agree - it looks out of place here in the photo. I'll see how it looks when the sample arrives. I'll typically try out a few iffy features on samples as we can always imagine how the garment looks without them. I'll post up real fit pics when this arrives. If all goes well with how the sample is made and the production flows, then the possibilities for this coat are endless.

Last edited:

Todd V

Reaction score
Mike -- any chance of reserving a non-stock size on this falls Thorogood horsehide item...assuming there will be one? :embar:

JackL2

Reaction score
I like the leather jacket! How much would you expect it to cost, as an estimate? And would it be MTM/slight tweaks possible or set sizing?

Also, how heavy would the leather be/more info on the leather in general haha! Better quality than Lewis Leathers hides, you say? How so? :)

Last edited:

ozloupgarou

Reaction score
Wow...I was listening to Paul's Boutique on the commute to work this morning and opened the thread to read this......? coincidence or destiny

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Caine hopsack, FF basket weave Walts, and Lama Carminas;

Awesome - that whole outfit is kicking ass!

Love the Lama Carminas. Last of a dying breed on that leather!

Any hints in the new Walt styles mentioned last week?

Oh sure, we've four new lightweight wool dress trousers:

Espresso 120s
Cement 120s
Black 120s
Dove Hopsack

Mike -- any chance of reserving a non-stock size on this falls Thorogood horsehide item...assuming there will be one? :embar:

Ah my apologies, we didn't run Thorogoods again this year. We'll have a bunch of Carmina boots go up for preorder in all sizes though.

From a photoshoot for YHNT

[/SPOILER
]
Tuff! The camo suit debuts!

bant

Reaction score
Anyone interested in an epaulet gift card with $386 value (from a recent return)? Please drop me a PM. If not I will be forced to buy another pair of carminas :D

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rob that camo suit is absolutely ridiculous. And I mean that in the most complimentary way possible. Not something I would ever wear, but you're owning it.

Agreed. Plus one hunnid on the outfit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads