• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mavrick465

Reaction score
I have been interested in picking up a Caine Navy Hopsack for a while now, and was browsing through this thread and there was some mention of special ordering longer sizes. Is it possible to get a 40L? I really need a length of 31" for a proper fit... My only other concern is that most of my other sport coats (40L) have an 18" shoulder, and although they aren't a tight fit in the shoulder, I didn't know if I could work with the .5" of difference, as the other measurements are good. Does anyone who normally wear a 40 have to size up? Or did the 40 fit fine?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The trouser and shirt contests were both great, but looking at the pics for this one has really been amazing. Many of us have come a very long way, with Epaulet being a very big part of that transformation!
ABSOUTELY! This contest has been fantastic. It's really exciting to see everyone's progression. At the end, I'll work this all into a big online gallery. The submissions have been awesome!
Mike, why are you doing this to me. Golden light blue tattersall ordered. That yellow is my favorite color. I really, really can't afford anything more
musicboohoo%5B1%5D.gif
Thank you sir! That shirt is going to be boss, good choice there.
Not sure if the competition is over or anything but I have a before and after picture, sort of. (I apologize for the pictures, taken from my tablet)
The original shoes on the left (before Styleforum and Epaulet) and the replacements on the right (post Epaulet). Alfani square toed something or anothers... and Carmina/Epaulet Salinger Caramel Calfskin. A little sad I was sent devirginized shoes but hey.. when you get the very last in your size, just be happy. They're a LITTLE too big for me but not enough to throw a fit. Extremely happy with Epaulet, will be looking there first for anything and everything.
Shoes are the first part to a better wardrobe for me. Not sure how these fit the pants I already have. Feedback appreciated.
Very nice, and thanks for posting the photos! I appreciate the shoe-centric addition to our contest. Thanks again and enjoy those beautiful double monks.
I have been interested in picking up a Caine Navy Hopsack for a while now, and was browsing through this thread and there was some mention of special ordering longer sizes. Is it possible to get a 40L? I really need a length of 31" for a proper fit... My only other concern is that most of my other sport coats (40L) have an 18" shoulder, and although they aren't a tight fit in the shoulder, I didn't know if I could work with the .5" of difference, as the other measurements are good. Does anyone who normally wear a 40 have to size up? Or did the 40 fit fine?
Absolutely, we can do either a Long (1" longer) or an Xtra Long (2" longer). We've had great experience with the sizing - particularly in the shoulders. Our fit isn't "skinny," and if your shoulders aren't usually too broad for jackets, then you shouldn't have a problem. You'll generally know it if you have to size up. If you're ordinarily finding that slim-ish tailored jackets and shirts are uncomfortably tight then might want to go up 1. But if you're built more or less like the guys posting on this thread, and all of the other measurements are in line, then it should be no problem.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Contest Prizes

So... I found the perfect fabric for the contest prizes, but had a brain fart last Friday and left the office without shooting it. But the winner trousers will be done in GORGEOUS linen windowpanes. One is navy with a cream windowpane, the other is cream with a navy windowpane. The popular choice winner will get the first pick of the two.

You guys are familiar with my fits these days, but I found some old school Mike Kuhle style. I'm actually going to visit my parents tomorrow, and I'll see if I can pull out some more gems there:

Here's a great look. I'm around 21 here. I worked to find the perfect pair of obnoxious camo pants to match to my Anime t-shirt. My desire for karaoke hasn't changed though.

First off, this is NOT a picture from Halloween. Back in 2000, I went to the Hugo Boss Christmas party and thought that (1) it's a great idea to wear my Gucci sunglasses all night long indoors and (2) what better to match to my black suit than a powder-blue ruffled tuxedo shirt.

Last edited:

dupedd

Reaction score
I should've pulled the trigger this morning on the ff Lavender pinpoint... Too late! ..What's this about factory find trousers?
smile.gif

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ABSOUTELY! This contest has been fantastic. It's really exciting to see everyone's progression. At the end, I'll work this all into a big online gallery. The submissions have been awesome!

Agree - a gallery would be a very cool idea to showcase everyone. Great idea on the contest, Mike.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might be late for the contest but here we go...5 years ago vs last month

(Saving up for another trip to to NY with one purpose only - Epaulet shopping :D )

CDED6D53-4BB7-4F80-9069-AD362E790230-18270-000013D0737DD709_zpsd248346b.jpg

Epaulet green rivets and Epaulet vest

AC5EE133-E748-4948-B521-248CB592C867-3047-00000310D48D972F.jpg

countrygent

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Even though they're not in stock currently, are the Rudy measurements posted anywhere on the website?

Thanks,
H

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is the best contest.

great idea, and seeing the transformations in everyone's personal style is beautiful and inspiring. For example, a dude like Wj4 always seemed like he was just born with mad steeze - cool to see that he had a significant transformation, makes me think anyone could do it.

great stuff, as always, mike and everyone at epaulet.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just noticed that the stitching on one of my rivet chinos is coming apart in the seat. I've only worn them about 6 or 7 times and
they aren't tight on me as I sized up one. Plus, as far as I know, I haven't don't any weird "splits" in the pants that could cause
such issues. Does anyone know if this can be fixed by a tailor?

I hope these issues aren't happening with my other rivet chinos. Damn, this is probably karma for buying $150 pants. Not happy.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just noticed that the stitching on one of my rivet chinos is coming apart in the seat. I've only worn them about 6 or 7 times and they aren't tight on me as I sized up one. Plus, as far as I know, I haven't don't any weird "splits" in the pants that could cause such issues. Does anyone know if this can be fixed by a tailor? I hope these issues aren't happening with my other rivet chinos. Damn, this is probably karma for buying $150 pants. Not happy.
That's a fluke. Mine are fitted and strong as can be. Looks like an easy fix for a tailor though.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads