• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CTYGGG

Reaction score

I think I just saw a couple fabrics disappear before my eyes. Out of curiosity, how many total went up? I like to know how much I missed in just a few hours; helps justify my impulse buys.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, if you see something you like jump on it! Was considering that greencast denim and in the 30 minutes or so I was thinking about it...gone. Oh well, I'm not really patient enough to wait a couple months anyway...but still, that was a cool fabric.

CaliforniaSon

Reaction score
wow... was online when that greencast denim was posted... looked at the swatch about 15 times before deciding id "sleep on it"... when am i gonna learn to not do that.

now i need to figure out a consolation purchase

milesbeyond

Reaction score
yeah, if you see something you like jump on it! Was considering that greencast denim and in the 30 minutes or so I was thinking about it...gone. Oh well, I'm not really patient enough to wait a couple months anyway...but still, that was a cool fabric.
Same, I saw it late last night when the fabrics were first posted, but slept on it and it's gone. Very tempting though, hope a new batch rolls around again soon!

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike or someone: Can you remind/clarify for me the difference between pinpoint oxford and the "standard" Japanese oxford cloth you use?

Wasn't that purple white flannel fabric a shirt epaulet sold last season or two ago?

It was in '09 actually. One of their first styles...

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe one of the oxfords I have is the pinpoint and it has this sheen on it, def makes it a dressier option. Mine has a spread collar, so it's really good with a suit

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll wait for any other input too, but I was thinking that might be the case. Truthfully, would rather it was more matte like the standard oxford but I may grab it anyway.

Mike hinted at some other color oxfords coming for spring so I'm sort of curious about those too...my budget can only allow for so many shirts.:plain:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mike hinted at some other color oxfords coming for spring so I'm sort of curious about those too...my budget can only allow for so many shirts.:plain:

The essence of so many sf-frustrations. Late night affiliate surfing where the e-cart fills up and you want to beat yourself over the head....

:fistbump:

oisin

Reaction score
Here are my entries for the contest:

Before:

Me in Seventeen Magazine. So I actually tried to have a bit of style back in high school, not that I knew anything about it.

After:

Brown flannel walts, Carmina Ashbery chukkas.

Before:

But I got fat and stopped caring. This is about 5 years ago.

After:

Factory find forest green cords, Liberty x Epaulet shirt, Carmina Hawthorne suede loafers

3. Before:

I basically wore clever t-shirts and jeans casually, and awful ill-fitting business casual clothes to work (wish I had some pics of that--ugh!). This was the height of what I considered good style.

After:

Same place, different style. Air Force flannel walts, Caine sport coat, Carmina Ashbery chukkas.

I'm not sure I was 16 (maybe 15) so I leave this one as a bonus. This was my pseudo-punk look (it got a bit better when I dyed my hair, had some spikes etc). cutoffs, docs, and an op ivy shirt.

An updated look inspired by a bit of punk. Gunmetal canvas chinos.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I figured I could toss up a couple of old photos to join Mike in putting his money where his mouth is, so to speak.

This one is from senior year 2001. I was so "punk" it hurt.

Somewhere in the southwest on tour in 2008:

A little tour action, January '09, I think.

You can see much of the clothes, but you get the hair+beard+beanie that was constantly mixed in '09

And, since I haven't thrown up a fit in a while, here you go. From two weeks ago:

Southwick for Michael Kuhle Oatmeal Tattersall Daltrey
Walt Oxford Grey Flannel Trouser

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads