• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

How did you guys packed those stuff in your suit cases?!
I hope there were some OG gangster rap songs being karaoke'd. I can see Stanley doing "Straight Outta Compton".

Haha, we shipped all of the stuff with UPS thank god.

And man, only the karaoke in heaven has "Straight Outta Compton." It would be my DREAM to do that song. Or even better - just the Dre verses on "100 Miles and Running."

We did play an embarrassing amount of N.W.A. in the rental car though. We had the most gangsta Chevy Malibu in LA. That's what you get when you're a gold member of Hertz.

Speaking of shirts, when you think the Austrian Tattersalls will hit Mike?

Ahhhh.

I have some bad news on the Austrian fabric - and the Italia shirts in general.

We had a standing order for them, and I couldn't get the guy on the horn no matter what. It's not looking good for us actually getting them. Ditto on any future runs of Marcellos, as this guy was the agent for those jackets.

THAT SAID, for everyone who liked the Italia shirts - I'll have a new collection to show you shortly. We're calling it "Epaulet Navy Label," and you guessed it - the shirts will have a new Navy label. Well, actually the second run of shirts will, as I wanted the first ones to be made quickly, and the labels were delayed. But anyway, they'll nicely fill the gap that Italia left. The shape is going to be a strong buttondown collar (you'll dig the roll on this), no pocket on the front, and thick, stacked MOP buttons. Similar pricing to main line, and the fit is close to Italia - just a *tiny* bit more relaxed than our usual fit but otherwise very consistent. The first two items will be Blue and White OCBDs with ticking stripe cloth inside the collar. It's a cool, subtle detail. The follow up pieces will be done in real Thomas Mason broadcloth, and they'll be anglo checks and patterns - actually very close to the Austrian goods that we planned.

The OCBD's should land in a few weeks, and the Thomas Mason goods will come around the end of October / early November. We have a lot of potential to grow this line, and I think that you guys will really dig it.

Any sneak peaks of the purple herringbone shirt?

Not at the moment, but we'll post it up as soon as it hits!

Hey Guys
First post here but long time lurker like so many other.....anyone know if the carmina jodphur order is still open? Is states it closed on the 24rth of Sept but I can still order my size.....I noticed there was a post earlier that mentioned the wholecut order was being kept open till Monday...does this also apply for the jodphur?
Thanks
Oz

YES - actually we reopened it. We need to take two more orders on the Jodphur to put it into work, so it's open all week.

Mike any new styles of Carminas coming later this year? Want to know if I would wait or just cop the c&j rl cordovan Marlows now

We've got 100 pairs arriving Wed-Thurs. I'm hoping that a bunch of these are pre-ordered Balmoral Boots, but the majority are new items. I'll be able to give the rundown once the arrive.

Mike, would you ever do the veneto single breasted?

Possibly, but there's a long lead time on production so it would be next Fall at the earliest. I checked out both models, and the DB really stood out for me. The proportions worked a lot better, but that doesn't mean we can't customize the single breasted item for a Fall '13 run.

In the world of jackets, I think that the Eisenhowers and the Mulberry (Dylan convinced me that a Little Italy name is better than a Donnie Brasco name) will make a big splash next week. It was cool enough for me to wear the Navy Eisenhower sample today, and it felt great. The fit's excellent, and the leather detail finishing is really nice. The calfskin inside the cuffs feels like butta! I can't wait to see how the other fabrications came out.

For real though? You guys already snagged up all the mediums? That's how you gonna do me? *Cartman Voice* Screw you guys. I'm  going home.

Ah sorry about that, I figured that it would go quickly. But we'll have a lot more coming, there's plenty of Flannel to go around this Fall.

thecool85

Reaction score
We did play an embarrassing amount of N.W.A. in the rental car though. We had the most gangsta Chevy Malibu in LA. That's what you get when you're a gold member of Hertz.
Ahhhh.

Ah sorry about that, I figured that it would go quickly. But we'll have a lot more coming, there's plenty of Flannel to go around this Fall.

This made me laugh harder than I have all week lol. And no worries, I was mostly joking. Mostly... *stares angrily at racknac*

nathanl

Reaction score
Mike-

One of the thinks I love about this thread is your willingness to give us some insight into the business/production side of things - it's pretty fascinating but also practically useful for gauging value and the like when making purchases. So thanks!
smile.gif

And kind of along those lines, with the Epaulet Navy Label, from your perspective, what kinds of considerations go into that choice vs just using the label you already have?

stlms3

Reaction score
I have seen preview shots of the Eisenhower, but what is this mulberry? We're any preview shots posted?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

This made me laugh harder than I have all week lol. And no worries, I was mostly joking. Mostly... *stares angrily at racknac*

Haha, glad that you liked it! It's true - the appeal of blaring West Coast gangsta rap in rental cars on the freeway has not run out for me. Not by a long shot. I almost crashed once because I was rapping along so hard to "How Do U Want It?" on my last trip.

Mike-

One of the thinks I love about this thread is your willingness to give us some insight into the business/production side of things - it's pretty fascinating but also practically useful for gauging value and the like when making purchases.  So thanks! :)

And kind of along those lines, with the Epaulet Navy Label, from your perspective, what kinds of considerations go into that choice vs just using the label you already have?

My pleasure!

For "Epaulet Navy Label," I'm doing that because (1) the shirts will have a slightly different fit, so that will allow customers to easily differentiate them from the main line shirts and (2) it's just fun creating these little sub-lines, like "Ashland" and the like. Although just to confuse everyone, the first two OCBD's will have the same white tags as everything else. As much as I wanted Navy tags, I definitely wanted these shirts to arrive 3 weeks earlier than they would have.

I have seen preview shots of the Eisenhower, but what is this mulberry? We're any preview shots posted?

Not yet, but we'll have the real shots when it arrives next week. The "Mulberry" is a dark brown calfskin leather jacket. Similar in length to the Eisenhower, slightly different shape. It's really rad and very elegant. For this first batch of outerwear, we wanted to release two pieces in wool, one suede, and one leather - so we'll have all of the bases covered.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ruby shell preorder coming soon?

And any update on the killer blackwatch fabric you mentioned over the summer?

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ahhhh. I have some bad news on the Austrian fabric - and the Italia shirts in general. We had a standing order for them, and I couldn't get the guy on the horn no matter what. It's not looking good for us actually getting them. Ditto on any future runs of Marcellos, as this guy was the agent for those jackets.
Thanks for the response Mike...thats so Napulitan: [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

neutrino

Reaction score
Mike, a couple of ETA questions:
- walts from the 2nd factory finds - haven't received my air force yet
confused.gif

- that chunky cardigan you mentioned a while ago
- 3rd factory finds? will there be a chino round?

thebunk

Reaction score

Mike, a couple of ETA questions:
- walts from the 2nd factory finds - haven't received my air force yet :confused:

I was just going to ask about this. I have mine slated for pickup but I usually do this so I can control when and what the shipment includes. Anyway, was not sure if I would be getting an email saying they are available or not.

thecool85

Reaction score
First ever Epaulet x Segway fit?
Caramel Ducks and Brown CXL belt:
Man, this picture was freaking me out for a sec. It looked like your left arm was behind your back and, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why you were standing like that lol. I had two sips of coffee and was like, "Ohhhh. That's HER arm!" Now that my mind has processed it correctly, I like the pic
thumbs-up.gif

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man, this picture was freaking me out for a sec. It looked like your left arm was behind your back and, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why you were standing like that lol. I had two sips of coffee and was like, "Ohhhh. That's HER arm!" Now that my mind has processed it correctly, I like the pic :thumbs-up: .

hahaha...I actually thought the same thing the first time I saw this myself, it's a weird optical illusion that looks like my arm is bending behind my back :rotflmao:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads