• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jacksh

Reaction score

I found the wool Rivet to be slightly slimmer than my cotton Rivets, but not quite as slim as my Oxford cloth Rivets....so they fit somewhere in between the two. I usually take a 34 in the standard Rivets - I sized up to 36 and got only the waist taken in on the Oxford cloths and they fit pretty similar to my other 34s. I tried the Wool in 34 but they were just a tad too slim for me. I think sizing all the way up to 36 for those would have been too much.

Beatlegeuse- thanks, probably order 32 and make adjustment from there.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Does anyone remember when the second round of factory finds are supposed to come in? I seem to remember late Sept deliver date, but I'm not positive. Man, I hate waiting.

When I emailed her on Sep.6, Adele responded saying they would ship mid to late September. I'm pretty sure that's what they've been saying all along. A week ago, Mike said the end of September.

Apologies to everyone on those long-awaited Rudy factory finds. They got really delayed while waiting for a cutting, but I anticipate having all of them by next Monday. We actually got a big box of them today - not sure if everything is in there, but it must be most of them. We'll work to get all of that shipped within the next few days.

Second round of Factory Finds should arrive around end September.

Is there supposed to be another run of the grape flannels? I'm upset I missed out on my size (I could size up and have the waist taken in but I'd prefer not to).

Absolutely, we'll get them in about four weeks. I think that the second delivery is going to tap us out of the fabric though.

I max out at all my tax advantaged retirement options. I have a high paying job, no debt, no wife or kids, so lots of disposable income.
Here are 52 pair of Epaulet pants:
1z4hh7o.jpg

To complete the douche trilogy, here is my shoe collection:
fco291.jpg

20p7wg8.jpg

35kpi84.jpg
Highlights from my shoes are a pair of Road Champs, AldenxEpaulet Milkshake, and AldenxUnion made natty chromexal boots. Lots of Carmina from Epaulet, assorted C&Js.

Yup, that is pretty freaking amazing. Thanks so much!

I have a question for the epaulet team :

The [COLOR=777661]Faulkner Shortwing Natural Chromexcel you write that it is UK sizing.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=777661]So if i command a 7.5UK size[/COLOR] i will get a 7.5UK and not a 8.5US ?

I explain why: i wear 7.5UK shoes but my US shoes (Alen Edmonds, Rancourt and yours) are 8US when i take 8.5US i  have to use insole and anti-glissoire. (41.5 French size and sometimes a "small" 42)

I have a carmina in 7.5UK, just fine, the other pair is 8UK and need insole.

So when i read the equivalence 7.5UK=8.5US well i have some interrogation.

:)

Well, that's just a suggestion, as everyone has a different foot and a different preference for fit. Overall, we find that our suggest sizing convention works for most guys. But if you're got a 7.5UK Carmina already and that works for you, then you should definitely stick with that size.

Yes. Will be at the Standard Hotel in Downtown LA. From approximately 11am-7pm. Karaoke afterwards. But I will let Mike chime in on details.

That is correct. We'll put out more details and our exact suite number tomorrow.

Any thoughts on the Carmina Caramel Calf Medallion Wholecuts now on preorder? I'm tempted, but am unsure on the versatility of a "wholecut". Any of you guys have these in your rotation, and if so, how versatile do you find them? Easily used in a biz casual environment? They look gorgeous.....

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1777/Special-Order-Caramel-Calf/Detail

Carmina executes a wholecut REALLY well. It's definitely a more formal style, but the medallion on the toe will break things up a bit, and I think that it's an excellent choice for business casual. I can see it with pretty much any Walt trouser that we make, with the possible exception of Regiment Twill. It's probably going to look a little mismatched with denim or really casual chinos, but I've seen people wear wholecuts with jeans before. Just depends on how you pull it off.

But matched to the wool/cashmere grey trouser? Perfect.

ElDave

Reaction score

Welcome to the club! What did you get?
As for me, started with clay canvas, then navy and french blue 7oz canvas, then grey oxfords and leaf ducks. Apart from that, I got madras brick walt from 1st factory finds, and I am waiting for air force flannel walt from the 2nd round. Not too massive by local standards :satisfied:

Went with navy to start. I'm going through y wardrobe and re-vamping my staples and my blue chinos are looking a little rough. Also, since I'm unfamiliar with the fit, if it's a little off, dark colors hide issues best. If the navy works well, I'll be branching out to the more daring styles.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

do we know a time/place for the tikki bar friday?

Oh, actually the Tiki Bar got poo-pooed

I'm thinking this place at 8PM:

Wurstküche Restaurant
www.wurstkuche.com
Zagat: 23 / 30 - 496 Google reviews
800 East 3rd Street
Los Angeles, CA
(213) 687-4444

What do you West Siders reckon?

oisin

Reaction score

Oh, actually the Tiki Bar got poo-pooed
I'm thinking this place at 8PM:
Wurstküche Restaurant
www.wurstkuche.com
Zagat: 23 / 30 - 496 Google reviews
800 East 3rd Street
Los Angeles, CA
(213) 687-4444

ahh, ok. thought that sounded fun/funny. wurstkuche is a quality spot. i like beer.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score

Haha, you keep confusing me with that term bc that's what we call people who live west of the 405 (and there's a Wurstkuche over there too), but that's a great choice. The downtown location is the original one and it has cheap food, awesome German beer, and plenty of space. See you guys there!

oisin

Reaction score

Haha, you keep confusing me with that term bc that's what we call people who live west of the 405 (and there's a Wurstkuche over there too), but that's a great choice. The downtown location is the original one and it has cheap food, awesome German beer, and plenty of space. See you guys there!

lol, me too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads