• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 08

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
Tough to see the details, but looks like raglan sleeves, snap buttons and snap button flap chest pocket. Like the length of the sleeves. Says soft, washed cotton, but from how the sleeves are structured, maybe washed pique?
Yeah, those are the same type of shirts as the white one that I purchased and the sleeves are indeed short. The cotton is woven in the same style as the cotton used on AA's polos (I'm not sure what it's called).

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's it fit? Slim or boxy? Last year's popover shirts were rather boxy, but because of the polo's shorts sleeves, I'm guessing these might be slimmer.
Originally Posted by robin
Yeah, those are the same type of shirts as the white one that I purchased and the sleeves are indeed short. The cotton is woven in the same style as the cotton used on AA's polos (I'm not sure what it's called).

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How's it fit? Slim or boxy? Last year's popover shirts were rather boxy, because of the shorts sleeves, I'm guessing these might be slimmer.
On me, the medium is slim but not tight or snug. The arm holes are also higher than your typical polo. I'll post measurements for it tonight.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here are measurements for the medium polo, in white:

Chest: 21"
Length: 27" (from the collar down)
Sleeve length: 5" (from the armpit to the end of the sleeve hem)
Shoulder area: 17-18" (kind of hard to measure objectively on Raglan shoulders)

Edit: Also, Ian's now dropped their sale discount to 50% on their F/W stuff. As of this evening I saw:
* 2 Andover trousers, navy
* 3 Slim corduroy trousers, dark brown
* 1 Cinch-back loose wool trousers (not sure what these were called)
* 8 or so various shirts
* 2 Mountain Parka's, black
* 3 Aviator jackets, olive
* 1 Duffel coat, navy
* 1 Fishing Jacket, black
* 1-2 bucket hats

The denim's not on sale and will be part of their regular stock for awhile.

grilledcheese

Reaction score
Gary,
Please save some for us local guys! Sorry I haven't been by in a while, I will make it out for the sale for certain.

Originally Posted by drink8648
Greetings,

I just wanted to let you guys know that we will be having our Sale starting January 26th. I will extend discounts (30>40% off) to all of you as of today if anyone is interested in anything that was posted by us in F/W 07. Please feel free to call me now to see if I have your size. If you want to pm me your phone # I'd be happy to call you. I will be closing out the remainder of the Quick Release belts. 617-547-2067

Gary

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chanimal
do you remember at all what size those cinch backs were ??? does ian ship to canada by any chance ??
The loose wool pair? They were a marked size 32, with a true 32" waist (the color is grey). I think the inseam was 34-35" though I'm not positive. I'm also not sure if they ship to Canada, but it wouldn't hurt to call them and ask. The Andover trousers also have cinch back waists as well, in case that was a feature that you wanted.
Please save some for us local guys! Sorry I haven't been by in a while, I will make it out for the sale for certain.
I called him the other day to check on what was left in M-L sizes and he had several shirts, one or two photographer's vests, a denim jacket (I can't remember which type), one fireman's coat, and several more belts. I ordered the last cord Bedford in L I think.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can anyone give me measurements for the binocular shirts in M? Thanks!

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
can anyone give me measurements for the binocular shirts in M? Thanks!
From eggplant (rounded and converted from cm): Back length: 28" Chest: 21.5" Shoulders: 17.5" Sleeves: 25 These are about what my blue plaid one is. Edit: I just checked them against my own and the shoulders are 18".

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks. i found some other japanese site that said that size S measured 56 cm in chest and that got me a bit suspicious. These measurements sound more reasonable.

It's the orange one I'm drooling over, actually. This aesthetic is very new for me (to try and make it work, that is) so I'm not sure how much I wanna splurge on it yet but I figure that peasant's binoc shirts are gonna be sold out soon considering how popular it is so I don't wanna wait too long either...

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
It's the orange one I'm drooling over, actually. This aesthetic is very new for me (to try and make it work, that is) so I'm not sure how much I wanna splurge on it yet but I figure that peasant's binoc shirts are gonna be sold out soon considering how popular it is so I don't wanna wait too long either...
Well I bought one of their Mediums which should get here in a few days, so they probably only have 1-2 left. You might not want to sit on the fence for too long...

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 100% cotton SS07 Plaid shirts were very shear and the 100% cotton FW Plaid Flannels are considerably thick. I'm guessing that in order to get the inside/out effect of the plaid the material had to be of a certain thickness? And to make it light enough for SS they may have had to use polyester?

Western Shirts @ GEEK and @ Ian in Seattle:
http://www.geek-co.jp/GEEK/brand/engineeredgarments.htm
http://www.ianshop.com/blog/index.php
CIMG34232.jpg
CIMG34271.jpg

CIMG34291.jpg
CIMG34311.jpg

Available @ Ian:
2186593994_cd2038744e.jpg
2185810507_8242cffb15.jpg

Pinpoint Stripe Cinch Pants @ Skink: http://www.geek-co.jp/GEEK/brand/engineeredgarments.htm
eg08ss5a.jpg
eg08ss5c.jpg
eg08ss5d.jpg

Navy Waistcoat @ Ian:
2185810709_113130cd4f.jpg

Navy Floral Cinch Shorts @ Ian:
2185810819_96ea2e7f08.jpg

Is anyone getting those cinch back pin striped pants in the us?

Were they supposed to be somewhere in that link..I didnt see them I looked twice but perhaps I need to get my eyes checked...

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hejfina has put up some of their first pieces on their site: * Navy Camp Shirt, Short-Sleeves * Cinch shorts in baby blue * Cinch back shorts in taupe Here's a livedoor blog which is featuring some nice stuff (along with Woolrich Woolen Mills pieces): http://blog.livedoor.jp/ontheground/ * Pinstrip Andover jacket and shawl waistcoat * Raglan Crewneck Sweatshirt And are there different cuts for the shorts? Hejfina's seem longer than the ones Ian received, but maybe it's just the mannequin. Also just to share, I got this neat promo banner as a gift today. It's made from some old Sunforger canvas. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, but right now I'm leaning towards making a folder out of it (an envelope type thing I guess). Any other ideas? It's about 2' x 3' or so.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
Is anyone getting those cinch back pin striped pants in the us?
Better move quick on them, Hejfina just posted some on their site: http://www.hejfina.com/details.asp?t...ProductId=1478 Other new pieces: * Matching shawl collar waistcoat, grey pinstripe * Chambray Work Shirt Foremost also now has pictures of the Andover jacket up: http://foremost.jp/item/newitem/eg106.html. Based on those measurements it looks like it will be too short for me like F/W's.
confused.gif
They also have more pictures of the crewneck sweatshirt, which I kind of want to buy now: http://foremost.jp/item/newitem/eg041.html

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads