• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 08

the etruscan

Reaction score
Anyone know if any of their new shirts have 20"+ shoulders and 26.5"+ sleeves?

bant

Reaction score
I don't see that blue plaid in the peasant online shop - is it phone order only or have they not received the goods?

thanks

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bant
I don't see that blue plaid in the peasant online shop - is it phone order only or have they not received the goods?
Phone order for now. It takes some time to get proper pictures and measurements before they put them online. Edit: They're all online now.

anothergreenworld

Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
The 100% cotton SS07 Plaid shirts were very shear and the 100% cotton FW Plaid Flannels are considerably thick. I'm guessing that in order to get the inside/out effect of the plaid the material had to be of a certain thickness? And to make it light enough for SS they may have had to use polyester?

Well, oddly enough, Peasant states the reverse plaid work shirt is 100% cotton. Weird. Either Peasant or the Japanese site Eggplant Yumetenpo was wrong. But I can see the logic in what you said, Tim.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by anothergreenworld
Well, oddly enough, Peasant states the reverse plaid work shirt is 100% cotton. Weird. Either Peasant or the Japanese site Eggplant Yumetenpo was wrong. But I can see the logic in what you said, Tim.
I think Eggplant maybe got it wrong - all of the other .jp sites are saying that it's 100% cotton. Weird though.

anothergreenworld

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I think Eggplant maybe got it wrong - all of the other .jp sites are saying that it's 100% cotton. Weird though.

Yeah, you may be right. Takanna says it's 100% cotton as well. Cool.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
+1. I was told by Angelo (when asking whether they made anything waterproof) that they'd never make anything out of hi-tech materials. So it makes sense that the shirt's 100% cotton.
I wonder if they've ever considered waxed cotton though (for waterproofing). It's not exactly high tech.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I wonder if they've ever considered waxed cotton though (for waterproofing). It's not exactly high tech.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. BTW guys, if you want to catch some low-res pics of EGFW08 @ Pitti Uomo, check out Daiki's blog on the Nepenthes website. Fur-Collar Pea Coat! Reminds me of Robert Geller's Fur Collar Prussian Coat (@ Stel's).

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. BTW guys, if you want to catch some low-res pics of EGFW08 @ Pitti Uomo, check out Daiki's blog on the Nepenthes website. Fur-Collar Pea Coat! Reminds me of Robert Geller's Fur Collar Prussian Coat (@ Stel's).
It looks like there's a belt attached to it though, so maybe a trench coat of some sort?

TNT Blu (in Canada) now has a couple of small pictures up on their new blog of their first shipment: http://www.tntblu.net/

I like the plaid waistcoat.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CFDA Best New Menswear Designers in America project, sponsored by GQ: http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/news...inewsid=522523 Excerpt: ...The magazine has selected six designers as finalists in the inaugural competition, and each will be featured in a lead fashion portfolio in its February 2008 issue. Those finalists include: Rag & Bone's David Neville and Marcus Wainwright; Daiki Suzuki and Angelo Urrutia of Engineered Garments; Gilded Age's Stefan Miljanic; Swaim Hutson and Christina Hutson of Obedient Sons; Spurr's Simon Spurr; and Steven Alan.... Congrats to Daiki and Angelo!

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
CFDA Best New Menswear Designers in America project, sponsored by GQ: http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/news...inewsid=522523

Another excerpt:
"It was our feeling that we wanted to go beyond the editorial component and it's always been our dream to devise a mentoring program where the winner would get to work with a great American company like Levi's."

Seems like a sham. And a mentoring program? None of the guys nominated are interns.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TAPERED FIT JEAN
LINEN 25% COTTON 75% POPLIN CLOTH by DAN RIVER
http://www.nalu.co.jp/collection/eg/...ctnpoplin.html
taperedjean-lictnpoplin01.jpg
taperedjean-lictnpoplin02.jpg
taperedjean-lictnpoplin05.jpg

Also, Steven Alan has updated their website with a couple of "Snap Button Polos":
http://www.stevenalan.com/manufactur...ufacturerid=57

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bond14
Anyone know if you can get EG in Atlanta?
Isn't there a Barney's location in Atlanta? They'll usually carry Engineered Garments, but it varies by location - you could always get a sales associate to get stock from other Barney stores too. Same with Bloomingdale's as well.

TAPERED FIT JEAN
LINEN 25% COTTON 75% POPLIN CLOTH by DAN RIVER
I would like the fabric, but the fit is pretty bad on that guy modeling them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads