• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you take crap for being stylish?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get a little bit of ****. My boss calls me miami vice in the summer cause i love white pants and colorful shirts. The rest of the year i'm pretty conservative. Lots of blue and grey (have 4 different dark blue sportsjackets/blazers), but i do like color in shirts cause i don't wear a tie. The people in my family that don't see me often always comment, usually positively, though I have been asked if i was going to a job interview for wearing a navy blazer.

dizzhizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
Some of the soon-to-be-fratkids at school give me **** for wearing skinny jeans and stuff like turtleneck sweaters.

i was getting shitted on for wearing a turtleneck too last night. what gives? are turtlenecks a staple **** piece? but in general i get flamed by all my close guy friends out here.

except from brain sd.

jellywerker

Reaction score
Don't you know, skinny jeans make you either gay or emo depending on who sees you?

I sure didn't. Disregard the fact that the denim in question was only H&M Sliq's and was paired with a white muscle tee and my oft-maligned colorful wool beanie.

JohnRov

Reaction score
I usually get, "Nobody's going to know what kind of shoes those are" a bit from my wife. My boss will say stuff sometimes, but then again he wore his Civil War reenactor Union officer's coat to work last week so I'm not too concerned...

NukeMeSlowly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by flashback
my favorite technique is looking at them like they are marsupialed

This is simply genius. Is it sort of a "Oh, they let out you alone today, where is your minder?" look?

I have been using "We all can't live near Walmart" but I will now employ your technique.

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really get **** for what I wear...

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dizzhizz
i was getting shitted on for wearing a turtleneck too last night. what gives? are turtlenecks a staple **** piece? but in general i get flamed by all my close guy friends out here.

except from brain sd.

one of my friends broke out the turtle neck last time i saw him, paired with a black leather jacket. I thought it was a good look, much better then his usual.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
one of my friends broke out the turtle neck last time i saw him, paired with a black leather jacket. I thought it was a good look, much better then his usual.

Classic look.

johnnymick

Reaction score
I take some crap from family members about my jeans (slim jims). I'm pledging at a fraternity and I'm kinda surprised I don't catch much crap about my clothes from them. My pledge brothers call me an "express model", but all agree I'm best dressed in the class. They do make fun of my other pledge brother who wears all the "top" brands (he thinks 7 jeans are the best in the world).

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On rare occasions, yes. But usually people only have positive things to say. It is kind of odd having guys tell friend girls of mine that they really like my style or that I look very model-like. Of course, i'm the only person in my school who buys these type of things. Everyone else is either jocking a tired-streetwear look or HCO/A&F.

jmnstr99

Reaction score
About my shoes (i own so many YELLOW pairs), yes. Some students around find it ridiculous and it sometimes affects me (when its cynical) but mostly i dont give a damn
smile.gif

paraiso

Reaction score
I used to get **** from the dudes at the office, but they only ever managed to wear ridiculously big suits and horrible ties. When they saw how the ladies reacted to me at our friday happy hour, they stopped and now bother me constantly with questions about what they should wear.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by paraiso
I used to get **** from the dudes at the office, but they only ever managed to wear ridiculously big suits and horrible ties. When they saw how the ladies reacted to me at our friday happy hour, they stopped and now bother me constantly with questions about what they should wear.

Is your style simple and classic?

paraiso

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
Is your style simple and classic?

Yes. I hate trends. They're very easy to **** up. The easiest thing to do is stay in shape and anything looks good on you.

montyharding

Reaction score
No. I always get compliments, with a side helping of surprise.

Which probably goes to highlight the number of times I am actually stylish.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads