• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diet and Workout Plan- (Haircut Advice, Protein Question)

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
^have you seen the OP's lovehandles dood? plenty o' fat to burn as a primary fuel source.
Ummm...ketosis doesn't work that way. Calories matter more than anything else. Ketogenic diets burn more fat because there's more to burn -- that doesn't mean body fat is decreased more, it simply means that the extra ingestion of fat leads to it being more primarily used as a fuel source. 'Fat' needs to be less ambiguous to stop confusion like this.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^yeah i know what you're saying but i can't imagine this guy needs even a gram of carbs right now. looks to be @25% body fat, at the very least.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ That's debatable. But the fact that he needs to start exercising, and exercising hard, is not.

DrFaustus

Reaction score
I personally don't think you should ever permantely cut out complex carbs, mainly referring to whole grains and wheats. They contain so many valuable nurtrients and minerals.

I do, however, encourange you to cut back significantly on all breads, pastas, and fruit juices until you cut some of your weight. This will make you loss happen a bit faster. Once you near your desired weight, add the complex carbs back to your diet. If you eat reasonably and continue to do moderate exercise, maintaining your results should be simple.

Mr Thibs

Reaction score
I will cut back on bread, and I rarely eat pasta, and nothing but water, so no fruit juice either. that won't be too hard. When I do rarely eat carbs, they will be complex. that should help

If I am 25% body fat right now i wonder what I was 40 pounds ago (4 months ago).

Just so you know I am more healthy know then I ever have been in my life (19 years) but am far from happy with that weight or look. I will reach my goals though, for the past 6 months I've never been more committed and worked harder.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Btw congrats on the weight loss. Don't want to diminish all the hard work you've done so far. Keep it up.

Mr Thibs

Reaction score
Thanks, Thekunk

So far today:

3 eggs
Veggie Sushi
Couple handfuls of mixed nuts Unsalted
1/2 pound of salmon steak
1 serving of sauteed mushrooms in olive oil with soy sauce

?? Tonight when I get home I was gonna have a piece of steak???? and a clementine

BPerm

Reaction score
Can you post what kind of workouts/training you do in the gym?

Make sure you are getting enough sleep at night.

I know that your in college and that can be a problem some times but try to get your body into a routine.

Wake up around 8 and go for a jog and after that jump rope for 5 minutes.

Do this before you eat so your Glycemic index is at its peek and you will burn more carbs.

Mr Thibs

Reaction score
Well today....

I did 30 minutes of swimming
1 hour of basketball
and some basic weightlifting

I wanted to ask anyone can let me know the most important lifts to do for an overall weight lifting program.

I do pretty good on sleeping, and may take your breakfast workout into my training routine

In between meals If I want to snack what should I eat

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the big lifts are best when starting out.

chins, bench, clean and jerk, push press, military press, close-grip bench, deads, maybe barbell curls, deadlifts, squats.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Use the link that why posted on the first page, or buy starting strength. Those programs include everything you need to do.

Mr Thibs

Reaction score
Hi again, doing pretty well, cut down alot on carbs, and the carbs I am eating are all complex.

I had a question about breakfast. Is Kashi cereal a good breakfast?? It looks good but I wanted to check in with you guys first

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think if you supplement that with a good helping of protein from a shake or meat its probably good. Just make sure you're not eating too many calories.

Mr Thibs

Reaction score
hey guys me again, so i've settled ona workout plan that I started at the end of least week, i do this four days a week:

Dumbbell Press
Bicep Curl
Side Lateral Raises
Squats/Overhead Squats
Dips
Bench Press
Deadlift

I feel weird doing squats and deadlift, like I am doing something wrong, I have watched videos on youtube though.

I would do pull ups but I can't even do 1

This weight lifting is along with 1 hour of basketball, and swimming 2-3 times a week, with occassional cross country skiing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads