• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Daniel Cremieux Signature Collection Suits by Isaia

element02

Reaction score
I popped into Dillard's to look around and saw this collection. The jacket has red stitching along the inside and has all the details of an Isaia suit and made with Loro Piana 160's wool. When I saw the fabric tag inside the pocket, I knew it was made by Isaia because it's the same as my suit and sportcoat.

I'm on the fence about picking one up. The price seems low for Isaia's quality at ~$1,200.

Does anyone on the forum own one or know anything about it?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw one of their sports coats, but it was made in USA, so it couldn't be Isaia. Haven't seen the suits.

costadelmar16

Reaction score
I own 2 Daniel Cremieux suits that are made by Hart Schaf, they were purchased like a year and a half ago. I haven't seen this other line, I might make a stop on my way home later.

proto

Reaction score
Funny you mention this as I am contemplating between the exact suit you're describing and a Benjamin Lucente suit from eHaberdasher. I was thinking of posting fit pictures to get some suggestions but pretty much have nailed down most differences. No idea about Isaia but it does seem like a very good quality suit especially for the price I paid (amateur opinion), hence my reluctance to go with the better-fitting, less-alterations-needed Benjamin suit

The Daniel Cremieux Signature Collection is certainly the 160's Loro Piana with a nice hand and drape along with the red stitching you mention. Half-canvassed from what I can tell (seems much thicker canvas than Benjamin, or there is fusing, which shouldn't exist in the Benjamin) and Made in Italy tags.

I got it for $750 out the door as one of their sales rack items. They did have identical suits for full price which, and I can double check later, were ~$1400. I was actually debating between a navy herringbone Hickey Freeman that was $50 more with similar MSRP and the Daniel Cremieux, ended with the DC but am thinking of returning as above.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DC Collection used to be half-canvas output from HSM/HF. Nice stuff once the inevitable 70-80% off hits twice a year. They make a Drop 7 cut that is nice.

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The DC Signature stuff is better quality than one might expect. I've got a couple of shirts from that and the Presidential, and they're definitely a cut above your average Dillards find. Can't speak as to the suits, though... might have to check that out, actually, especially if they're in that killer clearance. $750 doesn't sound bad at all if it's decent quality Isaia as opposed to watered-down stuff.

element02

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's half canvassed or full. I don't think it's fused. I did compare the inside tag to my Isaia and it's identical. The 160's LP wool is very soft and does have a nice drape.

I'm surprised there's no information on Google about it.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same tags, same factory does not mean made to the same standard. Isaia made some sport coats for Brooks Brothers a few years ago and they were not the same quality as the sport coats they make & sell under their own label.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads