• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the Marlow basically the Swansea?

I thought the Darlton was basically the Pembroke, too? But now the Darlton is only available offline?

g.michael

Reaction score

i received my 8.5 tassels today and they look the same as the 8.5 pennys, but i am getting a lot of heel slippage in them that i dont with the pennys. even considering going down to size 8 but logic would say that is too small since i am a normal 9 brannock
i know someone mentioned that overtime and wear, the loafers will fit better ... can anyone else confirm this?

I'll let you know when i get my tassels in a few days. my brannock is 11 but with a skinny foot. The 10's in all 3 (wings, ptb, pennies) work for me but the pennies are a little short--they feel great sockless but wearing socks with them leave my toes a little cramped. However, zero heel slippage due to the snugness. The last on the tassels looks like it migh be the C&J 72--diff than the other 3 so it will be interesting to see if they work.

g.michael

Reaction score
^ i forgot to mention that if you get slippage with the tassels, but not the pennies, this would indicate a last that is sized more like the wings/ptb (e.g. bigger) , which may not work for the loafers. the sole is so thick that break-in takes quite awhile so you may have the problem for quite a while, maybe always in that shoe.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply

i just assumed that all the marlows were on the same last. man i may need to go down a full size like you or just wear with inserts

please post your thoughts when they arrive!

Manfred Freitag

Reaction score
Got my Lindricks. They are beautiful. The right tongue is (was) stitched to the inside of the boot about halfway down and when I went to pull the tongue back to slide in my foot, I tore the stitch and put a slight tear / hole in the tongue. Invisible when the boot is laced but I cannot believe I mutilated an expensive new boot within 4 seconds of removing it from the box. A new personal worst! My mother was right, alcoholics do NOT deserve nice things!

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I may have missed out this round. Headed to the Mansion tomorrow; if that doesn't work, Soho it is.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the Marlow basically the Swansea?
I thought the Darlton was basically the Pembroke, too? But now the Darlton is only available offline?

Look at it this way, using C&J as the baseline:

The Marlow wingtip is: Pembroke 325 last + upper design and color scheme of Swansea + Cordovan leather upper + Double leather sole.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ spoke with a RL cs rep and he said RL doesn't have any new orders of the penny or tassel coming in. If you want either, in your size, call your local rl store. I think I might hit up my local rl and buy up their stock.

Last edited:

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ spoke with a RL cs rep and he said RL doesn't have any new orders of the penny or tassel coming in. If you want either, in your size, call your local rl store. I think I might hit up my local rl and buy up their stock.

So what did they end up cancelling on you and when was the order placed?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought they didn't fit you? I thought I got a good deal when I bought them at 50% off :fu:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So what did they end up cancelling on you and when was the order placed?

They were purchases at 8:21. Size 11.5 penny and size 11.5 tassel. At 11:02, I got the email from RL. I also picked up the 12 but I haven't received the shipping confirmation even though I paid an extra $20 for two day shipping.

Forex, when did you buy them? I purchased a pair earlier this week and they gave me the $100 price adjustment

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads