• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my PTBs from the store, they had it on hold for me. Out of 5 or so RL cordovans, they are my favorite. I think they can even be worn with suits and I don't like to wear bluchers with suits, even thinking to get another pair. Also, there are more things in the store that are not online, some decent ties, more shirts, etc.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if anyone got lindricks in size 8.5 and dont want htem hit me up asap

also i ordered the tassels in brown (cigar) cordovan ... worth getting the black too? such a good price at 303

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The hides are stamped before cutting. You probably have a stamp in your shoe somewhere, but only the exposed unlined areas would allow it to be visible.

I've seen Horween stamps on the back of shell shoes for at least 8 years.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Namor,
Thanks for the heads up. I just grabbed a pair of the tassels. I am not normally a fan of of tassels but to get a pair of shell cordovans for $303 plus tax.... AWESOME.

By the way I see you were asking about getting a Horween leather stamp inside the shoes? I just received a pair of Beefroll penny loafers form Rancourt in Shell #8 and it both left and right shoes had the Horween stamp. What are the odds?
No problem, sir. I'm glad you were able to grab yourself a pair. Yeah I appreciate the Horween stamp because I don't get it very often. I've owned about 50 pairs of shell shoes and got the stamp only a handful of times. Like pebblegrain mentioned unlined loafer feature the stamp more regularly. We're your loafers unlined? The stamp is much more common on unlined loafers. In either case, it sounds like you are set I the loafer dept :fonz:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
:fu: received an email from rl.com staying that my order will be sent incomplete due because they are out of stock. Eff

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ sucks bro was that for the tassels?

i received my 8.5 tassels today and they look the same as the 8.5 pennys, but i am getting a lot of heel slippage in them that i dont with the pennys. even considering going down to size 8 but logic would say that is too small since i am a normal 9 brannock

i know someone mentioned that overtime and wear, the loafers will fit better ... can anyone else confirm this?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:fu: received an email from rl.com staying that my order will be sent incomplete due because they are out of stock. Eff

I've wondered about the out of stock/restocked/back in stock gyrations. Makes me think that they sometimes have glitches in what they show being available on the site.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

had the same problem as Namor. the vamp on the right shoe (pictured on left) is really a different color than the other one. it looks like a two tone
a bit hard to tell with flash/bad lighting but its pretty obvious

One thing I noticed in the pair that I just got was not so much a color difference between the two but rather that the grain was not aligned identically between them. I've got a pair of Tricker's Stowe boots that have a similar (though mush less noticeable) effect.

This is going to sound weird if you haven't seen it in person, but if I view the two boots where I see each boot's same side (left and left or right and right) one will be slightly darker than the other. However, if I view them from above, the sides appear the same color. It has to do with the lighting and the grain, not the actual color of the leather itself. I can tell because if I slowly rotate the boots the color appearance changes as the lighting on it changes. I vaguely recall an old thread with photos that captured this fairly well, but don't have a link to it.

edit: I should also add that "grain" may not be the correct term here. Again, the old thread had a much better explanation - it may have been the grain or some other bit of hide esoterica that I don't recall.

In any event, it's not very noticeable and the shell is so freakin' beautiful you'd have to pry it out of my grubby mitts.

Last edited:

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I've actually noticed a similar effect in some old Darlton wingtips pics as well. C&J def. often uses a lighter piece of shell on the vamp piece.

IE

huskyzealot

Reaction score

When was your order placed? I ordered at 8:00am ET today, yet to receive such an email...but will feel a lot better when I get a shipping confirmation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads