• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Conan may be replaced by Leno

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to watch Conan on the Late Night show on CNBC and I allways liked him

much better than Leno, even though his kind of humour wasn't probably suited for an earlier timeslot.

I don't get the CNBC Network at home since I moved to Zürich more than 2 years ago, so I haven't been able to watch him on the Tonight show.

How was the show in terms of quality ?

are there links on the web to something of it to watch ?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
People overexaggerated how poorly he did. Honestly, it was still solid after the first 2 months when he got comfortable. Actually, i'd say he started to hit his stride after the whole concussion incident in september or october whatever it was. He was defintiely a bit confused on how to keep his same smart (but dumb stuff as well) and more crass "immature" humor at an 1130 timeslot with lots of advertisers, different audience and execs to pander to. It wasn't as good as his old Late Night show but definitely better than Leno who isn't a naturally funny guy and basically is a doormat for NBC to plug their crappy shows/movies.

It's not even about the lead in but every talk show is shakey at first. Leno had miserable ratings for the first year or two. I think with time Conan would've found a better balance and figured out his new voice at 1130 and done it very well. He's an extremely well educated, intelligent and gifted comedy writer and comedy personality (ask anyone who has worked with him or watch some early simpsons dvds with commentaries and listen to the stories about him) so he'd figure it out. But expecting someone to come in and dominate leno immediately is kinda silly.

Especially as late night talk shows are so splintered and nich now with every network and every culture having their own show now. Fallon is going after the under 20 crowd and hoping to keep them as they age, leno/letterman are older white people or the occasional star gazers when big guests are on, wanda sykes has something i think, george lopez, jimmy kimmel is doing well, and there are more.

I think at a network like Fox he'll do really well. Their demographic is a bit less of the Matlock crowd like Leno/Letterman and also Fox does an exceptional job at advertising their brand and their stars. NBC didn't really do anything for Conan outside commercial or two. On fox you'll see conan probably get the whole "fox treatment". He'll probably be a guest judge on american idol one episode, have commercials during bit fox shows, get other little guest spots, and they'll talk him up big. Fox doest a pretty good job at that and CBS did an outstanding job with Letterman when he first started up 17 years ago. They marketed him as a star well back then and i assume fox will do the same unlike nbc who just hoped that conan would instantly become a star with the masses with no help

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Yea, if someone is advising him he's doing a pretty good job. Twitter, live shows, maybe a podcast (or make some podcast apperances to support the liveshows) is a good way to stay in the spotlight. He definitely has to keep a little bit of momentum going into next fall and whatever show he tries to do next. That kinda hurt him disappearing from february to june last time without a trace.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was able to score tickets this morning!

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Was able to score tickets this morning!

You lucky ****. DC was sold out in a lickity split.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads