• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Commissioned a Hickey Freeman MTM Blazer

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After much deliberation and posts on this forum, I today commissioned a MTM Blazer at the Hickey Freeman store in Chicago.

For my fabric, I chose Loro Piana's Tasmanian line"”a super 130s. Looking at a swatch, I honestly wasn't very excited about the fabric. My sales guy (the store manager, Paul Kelly, who is an awesome guy by the way), however, showed me a MTM tux for another customer that used fabric from the Tasmanian line. Seeing the fabric on a completed jacket made all the difference. Granted, it is not a high end fabric, but I think it is a good combination of price and quality. The price was $1,450 for the blazer with that fabric (not including upcharges).

Hickey Freeman, unfortunately, adds upcharges for both functioning buttonholes and for silk bemberg linings. Of course, I chose to go with both. The lining is a nice burgundy with grayish stars on it. They had a very limited selection of blazer buttons. Fortunately, they had one type of button that was great"”gold in color with a skeleton key lying across a sword.

Paul spent roughly an hour with me on measurements and fit. While their MTM order sheet was fairly standard, he did take down a number of additional notes regarding fit. Paul explained that he calls their suit factory directly and is able to explain to the guy at their suit factory the particulars/oddities about my body and how to accommodate them. I liked this fact - that Paul talks directly to the man responsible for my suit.

Also, perhaps unaware to this board, Hickey Freeman has their own suit factory in Rochester, New York. All their MTM is handled out of that factory.

And, just so you all know, Hickey Freeman's MTM trunk show starts on Feb. 1. It is 20% off their MTM. Paul isn't putting my order in until Feb. 1st, so that I can take advantage of the 20% off.

All in all, I had a wonderful experience at Hickey Freeman. The Chicago store's staff is very nice and friendly. And, they are not pushy at all, unlike some places.

I'll let you all know how the blazer turns out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads