• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cocktails - An Adventure in Modern Gender Roles

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
This threak makes me want a drink, preferably one whose name is not a point of contention and whose color is brown. I would also like to avoid any beverage that tastes like candy.

Bourbon + H2O = Great Success

If there's no bourbon, I'm also open to Irish and/or Tennessee Whiskey.

On second thought, perhaps I would like to jazz it up a little. After all, it's a billion degrees here. Let's go ahead and add a bit of ice. No need to inspect the ice, either, please just place a bit of it in the glass before you pour.

What's this H20 that you speak of?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
What's this H20 that you speak of?

It's the stuff they use to make ice. It makes a nice mixer when used in moderation.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
It's the stuff they use to make ice. It makes a nice mixer when used in moderation.

Ahhh got it. The key word being moderation as well.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
Ahhh got it. The key word being moderation as well.

Fo' Sho'.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
Haha, Carl is the worst I'm-actually-a-man name ever.

You have no idea how much I laughed at this and how happy I was to read it. Not that it's the name of my boss, errr former boss, or anything.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are no winners in this game. To be masculine drinker, you have to be a self-abnegating masochist. To be feminist, you have to childishly seek out sugary and colourful candy confections.

enjoiii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I wish, but the beer snobs (beeries?) have ruined beer-drinking as well. I don't care if you can taste a hoppy undertone of squirrel testicles in your pale ale. Just drink your goddamn beer.

What is the world coming to...I yearn for the days when finer sensibilities were for women only.

+1

I burst out laughing when I read that.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the world coming to...I yearn for the days when finer sensibilities were for women only.

I presume you realize that sensibilities displayed on SF are far from the norm for the vast majority of people.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnGalt
I presume you realize that sensibilities displayed on SF are far from the norm for the vast majority of people.

I am a woman when it comes to dressing. Last weekend I was 20 minutes late for dinner because I couldn't decide which shirt to wear.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Let's not ******* kid ourselves, ok? It's drinking, not rocket science.

Lulz. And it all appeared yesterday, with no history and/or context. While I'm not as deep into it as some here, it's still more than just getting pissed to me.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Lulz. And it all appeared yesterday, with no history and/or context. While I'm not as deep into it as some here, it's still more than just getting pissed to me.

I admit I am an effeminate brute.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I admit I am an effeminate brute.

Admit nothing!

M. Bardamu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is orgeat for wusses? 'Cause I just made some and it tastes sweeeeeeeeeeet!!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru