• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good point, can't believe I forgot to mention that -- I'm in West Virginia. I assumed ~3 weeks from day of order, just not sure if that's a solid estimate.

OK so I am in NJ so same. Since we are in the US depends on where the shoe was in stock. If in stock in NYC they ship out UPS in a few days and you should get a few days later. If in Spain 1 of 2 things happens, A it will be queued to ship to NYC in the weekly order so depending on when you ordered that could be up to a week, then it take a bit to get to NYC, and then same deal they ship in a few days UPS. B. Sometimes within a few days Spain ships it DHL and sometimes I have received almost overnight. Recently they have been good about notifying that orders have shipped so you should get a notice. The exception is exdoic skins can take up to 3 months due to US import restriction.

So kinda depends on several factors last few pairs I have ordered in stock shipped in day or so and I got overnight DHL once shipped.

Last edited:

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Carmina trees aren't lasted (although apparently that's coming in the future), so I'd say as long as you're using decent trees (good materials, preferably with the wide heel piece, appropriately sized) it's mainly an aesthetic difference.

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
@Carmina can you help comparing aspen sole and country sole? In terms of durability, flexibility, wearing, and possibly comparison photos of side-profile?

Sorry for the trouble. i'm configuring my pair now.

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
Guys again these sneakers are fabulous. I took a weekend trip and decided I was only going to bring one pair of shoes, my new blue shell sneakers. Insane amount of walking, was not on the plan but one stop turned into a hike up a mountain. Worn 2 days all day just total comfort these are super casual shoes great for the weekend or anytime.

Great to see the lactae colour options I was wondering if there were other colors. In reverence to the lactae colors I wonder if the other colors wear any different compared to the natural. I have the naturals and they seem to surprisingly since they are so soft wear like iron. I have many many miles on my lactae natural soles on all surfaces much concrete and no sign of wear. I know if I had any other sole including Dainite I would see rear heel wear by now so fantastic durability. Back to my lactae colours questions I know that red Dainite soles seem to wear faster then the black ones. So the question is do the other lactae colours wear any different than the lactae natural.

I am trying very very hard to resist joining this GMTO but I would love to get another pair in ruby.

Anyone on the fence go for it and remember these are Goodyear welted and fully resoleable. Also keep in mind the constructions, with the exception of the rear splice these are wholecuts.

If anyone doubts my miles here is a pic of them when I returned from my trip and following is a pic where I hit them fast with some Saphir universal cream and then a quick brush for literally half a min. My shell maintenance is very minimal quick clean like this if dirty and a little more in depth every 6 months to a year depending on how things are going.

View attachment 1167815
View attachment 1167816

May I ask your opinion on Calvia last? How does it fit compare to more "traditional Carmina lasts" (ones that you easily find a pair around), and how do you like the shape for a sneaker. Thank you.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May I ask your opinion on Calvia last? How does it fit compare to more "traditional Carmina lasts" (ones that you easily find a pair around), and how do you like the shape for a sneaker. Thank you.

Don't worry no need to easily find a pair around I keep and Excel sheet with fit notes. Now keep in mind all feet are different and opinions may vary.

For me the Calvia fits most similar to my Oscar lasted shoes. The Calvia has a rounded toe box with good room like most sneakers do. Has what some term as an American fit like the Detroit last. As for the overall shape it is what you would want for a sneaker, so the shape is perfect for the intention a sneaker. So for me if you intend to use it as a sneaker I would get the Calvia last. Maybe if you wanted some more room a Detroit (especially if you need more instep room). But I cannot imagine anyone say getting this sneaker on a Simpson last or any of the more pointed toe last. As for size you should order the same size that you wear with other Carmina last.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina Wholecut Ruby Shell Boots today.

View attachment 1168219

View attachment 1168220

Most amazing boots ever. Since Carmina won't make them anymore can I ask you to please stop posting pics makes me so envious of you. You have to understand the punishment you are putting on us with every pic...

Just kidding BTW about you posting pics. But sure do wish this one was an option again.

jctune

Reaction score
Ok forum pals, here's my proposed sneaker makeup. I was originally leaning towards Cordovan in a darker shade (navy or armagnac) but on further reflection I wanted to get something as versatile as possible. From what I've read the Natural Vegano should age and patina really well.

Open to any thoughts or suggestions.

SUMMARY OF YOUR SELECTION
1. SELECT SKIN TYPE AND COLOR OF THE VAMPCalf Leather > Natural Vegano
2. SELECT SKIN TYPE AND COLOR OF THE TONGUECalf Leather > Natural Vegano
3. SELECT SKIN TYPE AND COLOR OF THE LININGCalf Leather > Orange
4. SELECT LAST AND SOLE > Calvia >> Country Sole
5. SELECT THE SOLE EDGE TYPE AND COLOURSingle Sole > Natural Edge
6. SELECT THE MEDALLION > Without Medallion
7. SELECT THE EYELETS STYLE > Vintage Brass
8. SELECT THE SHOE LACES > Mustard Sport Shoe Laces
9. YOUR NAME ON THE LINING AND YOUR INITIALS ON THE SOLE (NAIL PATTERN) > Without Name Neither Initials

Last edited:

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most amazing boots ever. Since Carmina won't make them anymore can I ask you to please stop posting pics makes me so envious of you. You have to understand the punishment you are putting on us with every pic...

Just kidding BTW about you posting pics. But sure do wish this one was an option again.
Haha thanks a lot and sorry for posting pics but couldn’t resist when they looked so good this morning :).
I do hope too that I can get another one in Navy Cordovan.

WNovizar

Reaction score
Man h
Haha thanks a lot and sorry for posting pics but couldn’t resist when they looked so good this morning :).
I do hope too that I can get another one in Navy Cordovan.
I need to know how do you get that style

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok forum pals, here's my proposed sneaker makeup. I was originally leaning towards Cordovan in a darker shade (navy or armagnac) but on further reflection I wanted to get something as versatile as possible. From what I've read the Natural Vegano should age and patina really well.

Open to any thoughts or suggestions.

SUMMARY OF YOUR SELECTION
1. SELECT SKIN TYPE AND COLOR OF THE VAMPCalf Leather > Natural Vegano
2. SELECT SKIN TYPE AND COLOR OF THE TONGUECalf Leather > Natural Vegano
3. SELECT SKIN TYPE AND COLOR OF THE LININGCalf Leather > Orange
4. SELECT LAST AND SOLE > Calvia >> Country Sole
5. SELECT THE SOLE EDGE TYPE AND COLOURSingle Sole > Natural Edge
6. SELECT THE MEDALLION > Without Medallion
7. SELECT THE EYELETS STYLE > Vintage Brass
8. SELECT THE SHOE LACES > Mustard Sport Shoe Laces
9. YOUR NAME ON THE LINING AND YOUR INITIALS ON THE SOLE (NAIL PATTERN) > Without Name Neither Initials

This sounds great, but I will say that in natural vegano and with the country sole (with the heel), it will look more shoe-ish and less sneaker-ish.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile the makeup I'm mulling:

1. SELECT SKIN TYPE AND COLOR OF THE VAMP Tumbled > Black Rusticalf
2. SELECT SKIN TYPE AND COLOR OF THE TONGUE Tumbled > Black Rusticalf
3. SELECT SKIN TYPE AND COLOR OF THE LINING Kid Leather > Orange Kid
4. SELECT LAST AND SOLE Calvia > Aspen Sole
5. SELECT THE SOLE EDGE TYPE AND COLOUR Single Sole > Chestnut Edge
6. SELECT THE MEDALLION Without Medallion
7. SELECT THE EYELETS STYLE Vintage Brass
8. SELECT THE SHOE LACES Mustard Sport Shoe Laces
9. YOUR NAME ON THE LINING AND YOUR INITIALS ON THE SOLE (NAIL PATTERN)Without Name Neither Initials

That burgundy CXL is making me think though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads