• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In general lines, vogue suede is thinner than our regular suede and hence is used for fine shoes or women's styles.

For example, opera pumps would be made in vogue suede whereas our suede is used to craft shoes that can be used on the regular basis.

The touch of vogue suede would be very similar to peach skin and suede would have a longer fuzzy finish.

I will ask regarding the different lining since I'm not entirely sure.
This is very helpful. Thank you very much.

Blastwice

Reaction score
I mean, I could do a Rubi... but if a Grey or Purple or some unique shell is on the table, I may opt for that. Not sure they'd do a custom shell color for one pair though.

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
I mean, I could do a Rubi... but if a Grey or Purple or some unique shell is on the table, I may opt for that. Not sure they'd do a custom shell color for one pair though.

I think we are limited to whatever that are already in the customization tool. Except the sole color (which Carmina just posted earlier). I could be wrong though.

And, Rubi shell is on one side of my fence :)

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll take up the #5 spot. Do we all have to get the same color? Have we decided on a color?

Big thank you BT, for taking the 5spot, and saving me from being a heel; and ruining this fantastic GMTO :blush:

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think we can choose. Right, @Carmina? I’m on the fence between colors (and actually, even leathers) too.

Answering your questions regarding our new GMTO, you can all select different leathers ranging from suedes, lama, boxcalf, cordovan...

If any of you would be interested in a hand painted cordovan colour, we have the option of creating the very dark purple colour I mentioned a few weeks ago or olive green. Unfortunately we have not received the special leather from Horween with which we will be testing new colours on. For purple and olive green we can create single pairs.

It looks like @Blastwice completed the GMTO, you should all have your discount codes by now.

Hopefully we get five orders by the 6th of May, two more slots are open if anyone else is interested in this GMTO.

Have fun with your makes!

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina Wholecut Ruby Shell Boots today.

9771E284-A20B-4D00-B69A-554D956E41EC.jpeg

E51AD093-B172-4195-B8CD-74F1291674D9.jpeg

MissingBuckley

Reaction score
Apologies gentleman if this is the wrong thread for this, but I ordered directly from Carmina's site for the first time as opposed to other retailers selling their brand, and I was curious how long it took you all to go from "order processing" to "shipped" for an in-stock item? I have no idea what is typical or atypical in terms of time since this is a first for me.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies gentleman if this is the wrong thread for this, but I ordered directly from Carmina's site for the first time as opposed to other retailers selling their brand, and I was curious how long it took you all to go from "order processing" to "shipped" for an in-stock item? I have no idea what is typical or atypical in terms of time since this is a first for me.

The answer is It Depends.

Since they sell to the world we have to start with, where are you?

jamesnyc

Reaction score
I have question regarding the Carmina shoe tree. I certainly acknowledged that Carmina's shoe tree is $70 in US. Do you guys using this shoe tree for Carmina oxford shoes? or buy from other vendor such as Woodlore? Anyone can advise me which is better for long term?

jctune

Reaction score

Considering I have an order from May 2018 that still shows "In Process" I guess the answer is there is no typical! My order was actually shipped in about 5 days though - the order status has just never been updated. This was the only in stock pair I've ordered, my other 4 were all MTO/GMTOs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads