• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tim Whatley

Reaction score
I sent a pair of Carminas back to Spain and it has been processing in customs in Spain since July 30. Does anyone have experience with this? Should I start getting aggressive or is this pretty standard?

sinfjotli

Reaction score
I would try contacting your shipping company.

Similar thing happened to me in an opposite direction a few months ago: Carmina has sent my shoes, and the Fedex tracking page said that the package is waiting for customs clearance for about 2 weeks. When I called them, it turned out that the package has never reached the (Canadian) customs and the tracking page had wrong info. They actually lost track of the package somewhere along the way in the US. Fedex then declared the package as missing and Carmina has sent me a replacement pair. But if I never inquired with them, they would have probably waited much longer before contacting either me or Carmina.

Todd V

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me when shipping usps. It took forever. I would alert carmina so they are aware of the cause of the delay.

diglett

Reaction score
I would try contacting your shipping company.

Similar thing happened to me in an opposite direction a few months ago: Carmina has sent my shoes, and the Fedex tracking page said that the package is waiting for customs clearance for about 2 weeks. When I called them, it turned out that the package has never reached the (Canadian) customs and the tracking page had wrong info. They actually lost track of the package somewhere along the way in the US. Fedex then declared the package as missing and Carmina has sent me a replacement pair. But if I never inquired with them, they would have probably waited much longer before contacting either me or Carmina.
Shipping companies seem to have a fairly inefficient system for dealing with "delayed" (lost) packages. UPS recently lost a Bloomingdale's package of mine, but simply kept postponing the planned delivery date; it was only after a few phone calls and emails to both UPS and Bloomingdale's that anyone on their end even realized something was lost.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Question for anyone who had to break in a 80201 like this (pic snagged from Skoat):

My foot crease is just, I mean right behind the brogue line. When I step and it bends, the brogue edge itself seems to bite into the top of my foot a bit. Note that, on the outside, the brogue'ing is pretty stiff - certainly stiffer than the rest of the shoe - if I rub my finger up against the edge of it, it's got a little bite to it.

My question is, will the brogue'ing itself loosen/stretch a bit? The shoe is otherwise comfortable right out of the box - I'm just wondering if that brogue edge is especially rigid in a way that will never loosen up, I'm only in for a day's worth of wear so far, but it doesn't seem to be budging.

Aprpeciation in advance!

WiredandTired

Reaction score
Not sure if you are feeling the brogue ing or really the toe cap stiffener. I had a pair of rain wingtips that dug into the top of my toes initially, but there is a chance that it will subside as your foot sinks and the sole itself starts to gain flex. Carmina uses pretty stiff bark soles.

Long story short, it bothers me to a lesser degree. If I strongly flex it will still dig in but it's no longer an issue, but YMMV.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not sure if you are feeling the brogue ing or really the toe cap stiffener. I had a pair of rain wingtips that dug into the top of my toes initially, but there is a chance that it will subside as your foot sinks and the sole itself starts to gain flex. Carmina uses pretty stiff bark soles.

Long story short, it bothers me to a lesser degree. If I strongly flex it will still dig in but it's no longer an issue, but YMMV.

Hmmm, sounds reasonable. When I took them off tonight I felt around a bit and I think I see what you mean; from the inside the cap area is stronger than the body and where it ends is "stiffer" like you said than the surrounding area. Might not be the brogue on the outer at all but just where the cap itself ends.

You've at least given me hope that if I pay some dues I've got a shot at working through it.

moonraker

Reaction score
If a size is out of stock on a particular model sold on Carmina's direct website, does anyone have any experience of seeing it restocked online at some point? Or does that mean you now have to special order to get it your size? Thank you in advance!

All Tatters

Reaction score
Restocks do happen, but there really is no telling when and I am under the impression that asking by e-mail won't help either since they don't really know in advance.

You could ask whether a certain model still is in stock in one of the brick and mortar stores though. It seems from this thread they could help you with that.

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Question for anyone who had to break in a 80201 like this (pic snagged from Skoat):

My foot crease is just, I mean right behind the brogue line. When I step and it bends, the brogue edge itself seems to bite into the top of my foot a bit. Note that, on the outside, the brogue'ing is pretty stiff - certainly stiffer than the rest of the shoe - if I rub my finger up against the edge of it, it's got a little bite to it.

My question is, will the brogue'ing itself loosen/stretch a bit? The shoe is otherwise comfortable right out of the box - I'm just wondering if that brogue edge is especially rigid in a way that will never loosen up, I'm only in for a day's worth of wear so far, but it doesn't seem to be budging.

Aprpeciation in advance!
During the break in-period, the upper (as well as the sole) might be initially stiff and "folds" rather than creases. The brogue line (albeit slightly fortified) and the vamp will soften up if you let the body heat do most of the work.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It sounds like the shoe maybe too large from your description of what's happening.

I hear you, but I don't think that's the case. If so, then the Simpson last just isn't for me since this is a 10UK and a 9.5 is too small. I will point out that everything else about it fits splendid, surprisingly so - snug but not tight.

Time will tell...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads