• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

banis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorth
I believe all goodyear welted shoes are gemmed and by extension, all Carminas. Maybe DW can confirm this.
Vass, being goodyear welted, IIRC correctly is not gemmed. However, I may be mistaken.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome. I'm quite impressed by Carmina. I'm going to Spain at the end of the month. I really don't know how I'm not going to leave with five new pairs of shoes. I'll probably have to have some of them shipped home. :slayer:

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alas, none of those are mine... Carmina website has been updated fairly recently and now displays more shoes/boots than previously shown, as well as many of their lasts.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. Apparently they opened a new shop in Barcelona on Passeig de Gracia. Score. And i'm picking up that brown suede/leather spectator.

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...finally they've updated their website. I had no idea Carmina had so many models and lasts -- and for ladies, too. Now if I only had a lady to shoe up...

Here's some Appreciation in boot form: derby boot, model 797 in mid-brown (as in not Cigar or Ravello) shell cordovan, Forest last, leather soles. As for price-quality ratio, Carmina brings the most bang for one's buck in RTW shell cordovan models. Do forget Alden.

Carmina_jalkineiden_anatomia.jpg

Carmina_jalkineiden_anatomia02.jpg

Carmina_jalkineiden_anatomia03.jpg

Carmina_jalkineiden_anatomia04.jpg

Carmina_jalkineiden_anatomia05.jpg

Carmina_jalkineiden_anatomia06.jpg

Carmina_jalkineiden_anatomia07.jpg

Carmina_jalkineiden_anatomia08.jpg

Carmina_jalkineiden_anatomia09.jpg

Carmina_jalkineiden_anatomia10.jpg

Carmina_jalkineiden_anatomia11.jpg

Carmina_jalkineiden_anatomia12.jpg

Carmina_jalkineiden_anatomia13.jpg

Carmina_jalkineiden_anatomia14.jpg

Carmina_jalkineiden_anatomia15.jpg

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.

img_3102.jpg

On the right =
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
It all starts with a trip to Paris...

P1000232.jpg

P1000282.jpg

P1000328.jpg

Sure, the Eiffel Tower, Louvre and Notre Dame are must see attractions. However, no trip to Paris is complete (as far as SFers are concerned) without a visit to Carmina.

The 'soldes' were on, but alas, the following pair was not on that list. C'est triste.

P1000329.jpg

P1000330.jpg

P1000331.jpg

P1000332.jpg

P1000333.jpg

P1000335.jpg

P1000336.jpg

More pictures, including lickable soles, are included in the spoiler.

P1000337-1.jpg

P1000338.jpg

P1000340.jpg

P1000341.jpg

Last edited:

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Originally Posted by banis
I don't know whether Carmina is gemmed or not and I don't have information about amount of handwork. I may ask Betty Albaladejo those questions, if she agrees to answer them. As for welting, all Carmina's shoes are Goodyear.

I believe all goodyear welted shoes are gemmed and by extension, all Carminas. Maybe DW can confirm this.
Technically speaking Goodyear welted refers to a process which typically involves gemming. Any shoe that is advertised as being Goodyear welted should be suspected of using gemming. The original Goodyear welted shoe relied on a rather complex and not very functional method of cutting two channels in a leather insole and folding them up perpendicular to the surface of the insole. I am not sure how many factories still use this method but it was more or less abandoned in favour of the gemming years ago. I would suspect that there are not many machines left that can cut and fold the channnels. But the term Goodyear welted" is based on the a machine invented by a fellow named Goodyear. It requires a standing rib of some sort. Nine times out of ten if it is Goodyear Welted it is gemmed. There are also machines that can channel an insole and sew an inseam much like a hand welted inseam would be done. It is my understanding that this method is not "Goodyear welted" however. It is something else again. The machines that do this are few and far between and are difficult to control especially on narrow toes. Vass is hand-welted...they are not Goodyear welted. If someone says they are, they are misusing the terminology--I read the book, cover to cover.

Last edited:

malat

Reaction score

Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.

img_3102.jpg

On the right =
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
I was in Paris in May and bought the second pair from the left. I wanted those suede/calf onces on the right, but the only size they had was a half size too small. Bummed. I still might order them, though I've fallen in love with the walnut Carmina pair that I did score.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wanted those suede/calf onces on the right, but the only size they had was a half size too small. Bummed.

Me too. I really liked those shoes, but none in my size. I walked out with nothing, but my wife scored.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads