• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camiceria Le Tre M - Naples, Italy

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To clarify my comment -- I'm not speaking on how posh / not posh the shop is.

What I saw on the pictures looks like a very amateurish operation... just a couple of girls who decided to call themselves a camiceria.

Granted, I'm not a shirtmaker myself, so what do I know?

Andrey

I am happy that you share your opinion - but you also know what they say about opinions... ;)

The fitting process went really well and everything else can be only said once the finished shirts will be there.

gambit50

Reaction score
Andreyb, as far as the 'look' of the actual operating facility that is required to make the finest shirting in all the world, what do you think is required? Are there a few expensive sewing machines that can be purchased? Yes. Are they necessary? No.
I do not know these shirts, they may be great, decent or complete rubbish but your comment smacks of Russian tastes requiring that if expensive and they pay a high rent and have spent a lot of money to dazzle you, it must be great.
Label whoring is the way. And even then, usually not done well which is all the more sad.
Most do not come off like Victor.

The only part of your statement that was extra sensible was 'what do I know?'. Take more heed of that.

May be they are a couple of girls who decided to name themselves a camiceria but, really, what is any maker?
Lack of rep, etc. I can understand if you would not take the risk of an unknown(which they might or might not be in Napoli, itself)
but there are many shops there and in other cities that you and almost nobody(or completely nobody) on SF knows who are good, very good, perhaps great. They don't have uber fine ateliers. That is how it is.

Rafael44

Reaction score
Hi,
Trying to work out the cost per shirt, How much does she charge for the making, and how many meters per shirt do you need ?
Thanks,
R

Rafael44

Reaction score
thanks, so anywhere from around EUR85 to EUR150 for complete shirt ?
Has PKL put up any photos or posts about the completed shirts?

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks, so anywhere from around EUR85 to EUR150 for complete shirt ?
Has PKL put up any photos or posts about the completed shirts?

Holy.... I totally forgot to post the finished results. New job, relocation into another country... you get the picture!

Will try to make up for that ASAP.

CMT cost with hand details is €70 as Marco stated; if you want "nubs" on the should line you pay €10 more. She got basic shirting for €10/ meter, so you can get a complete shirt for €100 if you opt for all the hand work.

mactire

Reaction score
Holy.... I totally forgot to post the finished results. New job, relocation into another country... you get the picture!

Will try to make up for that ASAP.

CMT cost with hand details is €70 as Marco stated; if you want "nubs" on the should line you pay €10 more. She got basic shirting for €10/ meter, so you can get a complete shirt for €100 if you opt for all the hand work.

How was the fit in the end?

mactire

Reaction score
Very good fit - will travel to Naples this week in order to tweak some minor things on the pattern. I hope I will be able to post more pictures by then... finally!

Always great to hear a success story! Would love to hear more on the process. Do you speak Italian/Napoletano yourself or how do you manage in Naples? I'm planning a trip myself and wondering if I should take a night class!

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Always great to hear a success story!  Would love to hear more on the process. Do you speak Italian/Napoletano yourself or how do you manage in Naples?  I'm planning a trip myself and wondering if I should take a night class!

I manage to communicate in Italian - I have heard of people who used their smartphones in order to talk to their tailors. Would be a bit too risky for me though... So, your night class would help :)

slacker

Reaction score
I'm a new poster, but have lurked here for many years, and have gleaned much advice on tailors and suitings: thanks to everyone who's contributed valuable advice. I've patronized many of the usual Neopolitan purveyors on several trips: Solito, Ambrosi, Cappelli, etc.

Last year, I gave this shirtmaker a try and unfortunately have to recommend against using them. It's true their prices are a bit lower than other maker in Naples, but that old adage is true....

I bought several shirts, and here is my assessment:

- Pros: they worked quickly, turning around a test shirt within a day or two and delivering the shirts before I departed a few weeks later; the fit was pretty good; they are nice people who mean well, i.e. they are not out to scam anyone.

- Cons: don't expect them to make aesthetically proper choices on any details you don't specify. For example, I did not specify that I wanted collar stays, and they did not put them in. Most decent shirtmakers will take care of that by default, because if the collar is not button down, and there are no stays... the collar can do all kinds of will-nilly things. Also, one sleeve cuff tore from the sleeve after only a handful of wearings. Finally, I thought their collars were filled with some kind of low quality material, they don't compare to other custom shirts I've bought.

I still get work-a-day usage out of the shirts I bought, but for a little more money (120-150 EUR per shirt), you can do much better. I would have preferred fewer shirts of higher quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads