• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I understand posting it so you don't get bugged, but do you really believe it's a valid measurement? A full shoe size is only like 1/4". You could easily see deviations greater than that simply due to a narrow pointy or wide stubby last.

If it makes someone want to place a bid on an item, Im not going to argue the rights or wrongs of something. Valid in their perception, so a bid is cast? You got it.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jimmy shoe? I don't sell many shoes on eBay - have never been asked for an outsole measurement - and if I were, I'd probably ignore and maybe block as that only smells like a later return to me.
There was a pair of those in my GW today. Never seen them before.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand posting it so you don't get bugged, but do you really believe it's a valid measurement? A full shoe size is only like 1/4". You could easily see deviations greater than that simply due to a narrow pointy or wide stubby last.

I think it's a valid measurement. I'll speak from experience. While hunting for a pair of shell tassel loafers, I came upon J&M's vintage makes. After a bit of research on Google, I found that not all of J&M's tassel loafers measure the same. Therefore, in this instance I asked the seller for outsole measurements to make sure they closely resembled those of my other loafers to ensure a good fit.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think it's a valid measurement. I'll speak from experience. While hunting for a pair of shell tassel loafers, I came upon J&M's vintage makes. After a bit of research on Google, I found that not all of J&M's tassel loafers measure the same. Therefore, in this instance I asked the seller for outsole measurements to make sure they closely resembled those of my other loafers to ensure a good fit. 

I think it might be useful if one was comparing outsole measurements on the same brand of shoes - eg. Aldens you have vs. Aldens on ebay in the same size...Otherwise it's comparing shoes you have to shoes of a different brand you don't have. Regardless I'll include it in the future - as Spoo said it'll take a few seconds.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any tips on shipping to Japan? I've got a pair of shoes I am willing to ship over there, but Canada Post is giving me a quote of $90. Are there any cheaper options available?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont get the confusion of outsole measurement posting, guys. Its a legit question to ask I think - why not just take the few seconds to post it in the description to prevent the questions if you get them all the time?

I agree completely. Just measure the things, it takes about as long as it took me to write this sentence.

And it takes this much longer to add the measurements to the listing.

Stewie

Reaction score
So, what's the deal with the French Post! I shipped 2 items out to two different customers, left the US on the 13th and neither have received them...I figured 1st Class International would be fine...lesson learned there.

So how long before Ebay and Paypal will let the customer file an item not received? And how long can I hold them off to see if it ever shows up?

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Shoe measurements
I include insole length and width on every pair. If I'm buying a new pair of shoes that I'm unfamiliar with, I'll request the same. Maybe it's silly, but it at least gives me an idea how long they will be. I don't include the outsole length, but I will give that measurements when I'm requested (once a month or so). I will give other measurements upon request as well, simply because I'm in the game of selling things online. It either instills confidence in the purchase or prevents someone buying something and later wanting to make a return. If I give an accurate measurement and it still doesn't work for them, the buyer (should, at least) feel responsible for the purchase.

I took a return on a pair of shoes that I had listed the UK size and ebay makes me add an EU size in order to list. My EU size may have been off a bit, depending on the chart used, so I took the return and paid return shipping. Ebay customer service even said that I had the insole measurements listed and was clear that it was a UK size and that since my listing was so detailed, I didn't have to take the return or pay return shipping. I said that I wanted to make this person happy and avoid negative feedback. Her response? "Well, in sales, there will always be someone that you can't please and will leave negative feedback. Make sure you know where to draw your own line." I thought that was reasonable.

So, what's the deal with the French Post! I shipped 2 items out to two different customers, left the US on the 13th and neither have received them...I figured 1st Class International would be fine...lesson learned there.

So how long before Ebay and Paypal will let the customer file an item not received? And how long can I hold them off to see if it ever shows up?

I've had a number of problems shipping to France. I used Hermes Paket Service and they would hand it off to a local carrier. I have had problems with 100% of my packages to France since June. One guy, a repeat customer, said that he has had problems with carriers not leaving notice, but called the local offices and picked his up. He warned me about that and said I should tell future customers that they need to monitor it, rather than wait. I've had 2-3 packages returned at my expense, the return sticker saying the address was incorrect. It was completely correct.

Keep in mind, none of these have had to go through customs offices as it's within the EU. All of the returned packages have come back sliced open, retaped and beat to hell. Since it took weeks and weeks to have them returned, sometimes without any info from customers, I had no idea there was such a widespread problem for me. I have since decided to use my courier service only for packages destined for Germany and all other EU packages will be sent via Austrian Post. Not sure if that helps you much, but thought I'd offer my experiences.

Acme

Reaction score
its only 50$ nothing special.

What's the buyer's feedback? I will make an exception and ship an item First Class International to a buyer if they have over a high feedback score. I wouldn't ship FCI on an item over $250, but might match FCI shipping price to make the sale.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feedback: According to the eBay rep I spoke with today, if a buyer opens a case and eBay rules in favor of the seller, the buyer can still leave negative feedback. There has been no change to that policy - which surprised me because I was under the assumption that eBay had recently changed that.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Curiosity- Shipping something to Canada later today (non-ebay sale). Can I use a regular flat rate box for that, or are there actual boxes with international flat rate printed on it? While I'm asking, I probably can't print out everything I need here and deliver it right? I'll need a customs form of sorts?

wilay05

Reaction score
has anyone ever had a item mis-delivered. I recently sent a priority flat rate envelope to St. Louis, but it ended up delivered somewhere in the town where I'm located in Texas. What should I do? I know my package is insured up to $50 but is there any way to find out where my package ended up being delivered to? I have tracking on it but it just tells me the city it was delivered in and the zip code.

wilay05

Reaction score
Also, I sold a pair of AE shoes for around $125. Do you guys usually insure items that cost this much? Also, anyone have experience filing a claim in case something does happen to the item (i.e., its gets lost as my other package has or damaged)?

Thanks in advance guys!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads