• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reigningchamp

Reaction score
I don't think so.

Here is why.

3 bidders,
Bidder #1 - Original bidder
Bidder #2 - Retracted Bidder
Bidder #3 - New Bidder

I assume Bidder #1 had his bid around $300 or so.
Bidder #2 bid up to $305. (becoming the lead bidder?)
Bidder #2 changes mind and cancels bid. Lead falls back onto bidder #1
Bidder #3 comes in at the last second (possible even from a robot bidding service) and bids back up to $260
Bidder #1 wins

Is this how it happened or is different?
In my case there were 4 Bidders. Thank goodness the scammer was out bid.

4 bidders,
Bidder #2 - The Highbidders
Bidder #3 - New Bidder (Alias of #2)
Bidder #4 - Winning Bidder

Bidder #1 Places bid at $225
Bidder #2 Bids item up to $300, at the last minute retracts bid.
Bidder #3 Bids on item at $225, high bid of $250
Bidder #4 Swipped #3 to win.

Look at the names of Bidder #2 and #3. Too close to not be the same person.
Lucky me I was saved by Bidder #4.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In my case there were 4 Bidders. Thank goodness the scammer was out bid.

4 bidders,
Bidder #2 - The Highbidders
Bidder #3 - New Bidder (Alias of #2)
Bidder #4 - Winning Bidder

Bidder #1 Places bid at $225
Bidder #2 Bids item up to $300, at the last minute retracts bid.
Bidder #3 Bids on item at $225, high bid of $250
Bidder #4 Swipped #3 to win.

Look at the names of Bidder #2 and #3. Too close to not be the same person.
Lucky me I was saved by Bidder #4.

Ah, Ok. I didn't realize you had 2 retracting bidders. Def the same guy. I'd report it.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I notice I don't see much from this group up on the SF Marketplace. Do you find it useful at all to crosspost your eBay listings there, or no? And please correct me if I'm wrong.

I post my stuff to here and just found this and posted a few things here. Are there any other places you post your auctions/BINOBOs?

Thanks!

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to post this here since y'all are superstars. Do you think a real Brunello Cucinelli coat would have the quilting mis-matched on the back here?

Thanks in advance for your opinion.
Edit: relevant because it was on sale on eBay for really cheap and in a misspelled auction, but I've decided even if it was real, I'm not going to buy it because I wouldn't even spend the discounted rate on this piece because of the back.

Last edited:

wilay05

Reaction score
Printed a printing label directly off eBay. Taped to a flat rate box and dropped off at post office. A day later, it shows delivered to an address in my town. The proper address was in another state thousands of miles away. Anyone know what I should do now??

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Printed a printing label directly off eBay. Taped to a flat rate box and dropped off at post office. A day later, it shows delivered to an address in my town. The proper address was in another state thousands of miles away. Anyone know what I should do now??

Might be a glitch, I'd wait it out for a day until it updates and see what happens.
Or you can be a bit more proactive and call PO first thing in AM. They may have updates or be able to refresh the tracking.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling items on eBay always makes me cringe. 10% of the final sale and 3-4% of PayPal's fees... Goodbye, sweet, sweet money.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Selling items on eBay always makes me cringe. 10% of the final sale and 3-4% of PayPal's fees... Goodbye, sweet, sweet money.
...and for 13-14% of the sale price where else are you going to have 100's or 1,000's of people (who search for your specific item) be able to view it from all over the world? Hello global marketing exposure.

Last edited:

Reigningchamp

Reaction score
...and for 13-14% of the sale price where else are you going to have 100's or 1,000's of people (who search for your specific item) be able to view it from all over the world? Hello global marketing exposure.
Yep. The cost of doing business. That is why selling thrift items can be very profitable. If I purchase a blazer for 6 bucks and am able to sell it for $50, I'm ok with giving eBay $7.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Basketweave?
Question - Whats this pattern called? (Is there a better thread then this I dont know about to ask this type of question?)
+1, but I'd put some other more generic descriptors in the title. Nobody's gonna be searching for a basketweave suit.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yep. The cost of doing business. That is why selling thrift items can be very profitable. If I purchase a blazer for 6 bucks and am able to sell it for $50, I'm ok with giving eBay $7.

Very true... My most recent sale is getting shipped to Russia!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads