• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, I sold a pair of AE shoes for around $125. Do you guys usually insure items that cost this much? Also, anyone have experience filing a claim in case something does happen to the item (i.e., its gets lost as my other package has or damaged)?

Thanks in advance guys!
I just shipped a pair of Aldens around the same price, I added insurance for just over $3. Better for my piece of mind than his.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Also, I sold a pair of AE shoes for around $125.  Do you guys usually insure items that cost this much?  Also, anyone have experience filing a claim in case something does happen to the item (i.e., its gets lost as my other package has or damaged)?

Thanks in advance guys!

With the services I normally choose, insurance is included up to €500. If it weren't included, I'd get it anyway. If the item is lost, it's out of my pocket, not the buyer's. I list everything as ships with insurance and I am often asked to drop the insurance to make the shipping cheaper. I quickly explain that 1) shipping is free, and 2) if it's not insured and doesn't arrive, will are they willing to lose the money?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Feedback: According to the eBay rep I spoke with today, if a buyer opens a case and eBay rules in favor of the seller, the buyer can still leave negative feedback. There has been no change to that policy - which surprised me because I was under the assumption that eBay had recently changed that.

Huh. They must have changed it back. I opened a case a while back on a seller. That pair of shells that were so worn on the bottom you could see my socks (almost). The seller, amazingly won the dispute. I left neutral feedback. It was removed almost instantly. It was not inappropriate. I was told it was because he won the case.

Last edited:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Huh. They must have changed it back. I opened a case a while back on a seller. That pair of shells that were so worn on the bottom you could see my socks (almost). The seller, amazingly won the dispute. I left neutral feedback. It was removed almost instantly. It was not inappropriate. I was told it was because he won the case.
That's what I thought, too. Maybe the rep had no idea what they were talking about.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont get the confusion of outsole measurement posting, guys. Its a legit question to ask I think - why not just take the few seconds to post it in the description to prevent the questions if you get them all the time?
+1

If it makes someone want to place a bid on an item, Im not going to argue the rights or wrongs of something. Valid in their perception, so a bid is cast? You got it.
+100.
Do not forget we are in a business, and the #1 thing in business is the buyer is always right. **** the demands, if its not jeopardizing anything but our pride, ********** it for the sale! Our job is not to show our customers how much more logical we are when it comes to Menswear, its to smile, make them feel more comfortable and get that sale!

There was a pair of those in my GW today. Never seen them before.
Beat me to the answer, but yes endurance or strength shoes. I was very familiar with them in high school because I played football...I don't miss em, but they do work great tbh.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh almost forgot, Anything to be worried about when shipping to Italy?
For some reason, my memory is telling me I was suppose to remember some DOs & DONTs when it comes to shipping items to Italy. Sound familiar?

60$ Suit, nothing special, but it is a clothing article, pre owned, made in US. Don't know if these are any factors when it comes to shipping to Italy.

Priority Mail for sure?

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1

+100.
Do not forget we are in a business, and the #1 thing in business is the buyer is always right. **** the demands, if its not jeopardizing anything but our pride, ********** it for the sale! Our job is not to show our customers how much more logical we are when it comes to Menswear, its to smile, make them feel more comfortable and get that sale!

Beat me to the answer, but yes endurance or strength shoes. I was very familiar with them in high school because I played football...I don't miss em, but they do work great tbh.

You guys are making me feel old. Our endurance exercise for high school football consisted of 3 things other than running:
1. jumping on and off the first step of the bleachers; 2. running up and down the same bleachers; 3. jumping side to side over an 18" tall bench.

didn't need no stinkin' strength shoes........

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, I sold a pair of AE shoes for around $125. Do you guys usually insure items that cost this much? Also, anyone have experience filing a claim in case something does happen to the item (i.e., its gets lost as my other package has or damaged)?

Thanks in advance guys!

Pretty sure that, when shipping priority in country, you get an automatic $100 worth of insurance, but I'd feel better if one of these more experienced gentlemen confirmed that.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote: +1 I just spoke with a rep yesterday who confirmed that if a seller wins the case the buyer can not leave neutral or neg feedback.

Quote: Real question is why you are selling Aldens so cheap
nest.gif
lol just kidding with you.

jeffd

Reaction score
I just received a jacket I bought on eBay that was advertised as new with tags. It came with a two-year-old restaurant receipt in the jacket pocket, which almost seems too much of a cliche to be true.
facepalm.gif
So, other than the receipt, the jacket doesn't show any wear that I can tell, nor is it damaged, but nonetheless, it is obviously used, and the sleeve buttons have been sewn in with working holes, so not moveable. The buttons were obvious from the photos, but not the operable holes. The seller has gotten good reviews here, so I don't necessarily question his integrity, at least not yet. The question is, if I'd like to keep it and can make the sleeve length work, what do you guys think is a fair adjustment to ask for on the price? It's an Isaia, though the restaurant receipt is from Milan, which just seems wrong.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh almost forgot, Anything to be worried about when shipping to Italy?
For some reason, my memory is telling me I was suppose to remember some DOs & DONTs when it comes to shipping items to Italy. Sound familiar?

60$ Suit, nothing special, but it is a clothing article, pre owned, made in US. Don't know if these are any factors when it comes to shipping to Italy.

Priority Mail for sure?
http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/il_008.htm

No shoes, leather or haberdashery.

Acme

Reaction score
Curiosity- Shipping something to Canada later today (non-ebay sale). Can I use a regular flat rate box for that, or are there actual boxes with international flat rate printed on it? While I'm asking, I probably can't print out everything I need here and deliver it right? I'll need a customs form of sorts?

Priority boxes and bags are good for both domestic and international use. Yes, you can print out everything yourself, though since it's a non-ebay sale, you'll have to print postage through PayPal or the USPS.com website.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
I just received a jacket I bought on eBay that was advertised as new with tags. It came with a two-year-old restaurant receipt in the jacket pocket, which almost seems too much of a cliche to be true.
facepalm.gif
So, other than the receipt, the jacket doesn't show any wear that I can tell, nor is it damaged, but nonetheless, it is obviously used, and the sleeve buttons have been sewn in with working holes, so not moveable. The buttons were obvious from the photos, but not the operable holes. The seller has gotten good reviews here, so I don't necessarily question his integrity, at least not yet. The question is, if I'd like to keep it and can make the sleeve length work, what do you guys think is a fair adjustment to ask for on the price? It's an Isaia, though the restaurant receipt is from Milan, which just seems wrong.
If it's a SF member send them a nice private message here on SF and explain the situation. I'm sure any reputable guy on SF would be more then glad to help resolve the issue.

jeffd

Reaction score
If it's a SF member send them a nice private message here on SF and explain the situation. I'm sure any reputable guy on SF would be more then glad to help resolve the issue.

I don't know if he's a member or not, but I did send a message through eBay. I just didn't know what would generally be considered a fair resolution to either offer or accept. It seems like the higher end of a used Isaia jacket is around $400, just looking at the "buy me now" items, which is what I'll offer unless people here think that's out of line. The original price was $675, and I do want to be fair.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads