• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, all the time from the guys here on SF. I assume you are referring to the $0.00 fee? When it is sent as a personal payment / gift there is no fee. I think there is also an option for the sender to pick up the fee. One of my regular buyers in Indonesia does this all the time. If it was an ebay item or purchase from someone you don't know or trust, realize it does not qualify for paypal protections. However, I think their buyer protections are also forfeited. A gift is a gift.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No, the seller protection part at the top and box about the address look off to me. It normally looks like this:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks. I've just never seen one like that before. All of mine look like the second one posted. The first appears a lot more like a normal transaction from an account without any personal info filled out.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking, but I didn't think you could do that. The normal ones say "OK to ship" it's weird. I suppose you at least know who it is from. If paypal said it is legit, I would go with it.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't really have a choice I guess. I just wish I could feel safe when dealing with paypal. I'll probably call once more to verify, but not a lot else to do but ship and pray. Thanks.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was it an eBay transaction? If so it should be covered on that end as long as you ship to that address. I mean, they can pay with any method they want and still be covered, right? Just wont have the extra paypal coverage.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ahhh I see. Well, I have one of those transactions going on right now too, SF user, 10 posts. Asked to ship to an unverified address in the US to save from shipping to Canada. I am just going to trust him.

Good luck.

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the shoes:

I bought(BIN) the pair Friday 23rd, got an shipping invoice two days later and paid.

Assumed he had shipped the pair out, but a week later I got a mail from him asking If I wanted a refund because supposedly shipping takes a long time right now, using Priority Mail.
I tell him to ship them out ASAP.

Another week goes, I ask if he's shipped 'em out, and he says yes giving me a tracking number (on the 8th).
Check out the tracking number, says USPS have received an electronic notification (or something)...check out the tracking today, and the package was picked up first yesterday.

I asked him to ship the shoes to another address (since I'll be on vacation for christmas), but he said he couldn't do that due to Ebay rules.
IF the shoes arrive here after I'm gone, they will automatically be returned to him after two weeks, since I obviously can't pick them up while being on a vacation.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I asked him to ship the shoes to another address (since I'll be on vacation for christmas), but he said he couldn't do that due to Ebay rules.
IF the shoes arrive here after I'm gone, they will automatically be returned to him after two weeks, since I obviously can't pick them up while being on a vacation.     

Where do you live? If in the US you request that the Postal Service hold your mail.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ you may run into issues with a friend picking it up for you if, by chance, you have to sign for it. The ladies at the post office, who know me quite well, would not let my friend sign for my package even with me on the phone authorizing it.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ you may run into issues with a friend picking it up for you if, by chance, you have to sign for it. The ladies at the post office, who know me quite well, would not let my friend sign for my package even with me on the phone authorizing it. 

I meant picking up your mail for you from your mailbox/front porch, not the post office.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vaguely off topic: What's the best day to bump your Styleforum listing? Part of me thinks it should be during the workday, when people are procrastinating. But I know the accepted wisdom is that ebay listings should end on Sunday, early evening. Thoughts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads