• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep. The socket can be installed three different directions. I need to install the second one... I didn't have enough screws to install both (I'll use a third light on a floor stand until I find a better solution).

Ebay item #261439842719
Thanks!

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cdgreg

Reaction score
@hbkshin

Tough choices, Something is drawing me towards the black cards, maybe it's because while I only have 3-4 business cards in my wallet, they are all white, and all pretty boring. If you're trying to stand out, the black is definitely different. Then again, my profession is in education, so I have no idea of advertising faux pas. If you go white, I definitely like a shadow of sorts. Just my two cents, beauty in this sense is obviously horrendously subjective. Other factor: Would it cost more to print a black card?

Last edited:

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recieved an Email today that starting October 3rd eBay will automatically enroll all eligible listing into the global shipping program for me. Fuk eBay sometimes man, I swear. They continue to shove their **** down our throats, making it sound like they are doing us a favor.

At the very bottom of the email there is a link to exclude yourself, but I wouldn't be surprised if they **** that up on purpose and auto enroll anyways.

Everyone needs to be on the lookout for that email!

Lirum

Reaction score

borbor

Reaction score
Couple of reasons, but it gets bloody hot when shooting for hours on end. They call them hot lights for a reason. I'm also not happy with the amount of light they are putting out and want brighter lights so I can reduce my iso and shutter speed. I'm currently shooting iso 1600, 1/40 or 1/50 and f:7.1 -

Why do you shoot flash, no clue if its better or not, but it just seems like it will reduce the amount of heat in the room and also provide more light. By using the pre-white balance and manual mode there should be no issues the the color of the photos and the bulbs.

Any feedback good or bad would be great.

for ties, i can imagine using that aperture. for jacket on a mannequin with me standing at least 10-15 feet away, no way.

i shoot TIGHT and i rarely stop down more than f/4; for **** that i need to control DoF, i have a tilt-shift lens for that stuff.

i bet if you go 1/100 @ f/4.5, and you zoomed in; you won't even notice the difference of crispness. remember u'r not shooting to blow it up to a 8x12, u'r shooting for ebay. as long as the lighting is good, u'r 3/4 of the way home.

the last canali jacket i sold i shot using a nexus5. it was lit with pot lights at the ceiling. imported to lightroom and slider fixed that **** and all in all it took me less time than had I used my 1 off-camera flash setup getting the exposure bang on.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/321521077569?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

i'm not saying that's what you should do (re cell phone pics) with the volume you sell at; but going to studio packs is definitely OVERKILL. I don't know if you have someone helpign you when you take pics, but if you do, I'd have the help stand by the product and turn it to the angles you normally use, and shoot tethered. Find a way to streamline the frame shot to almost getting that picture instantly exported to your listing (should be possible if you shoot tethered). It'll save a **** ton of time.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Recieved an Email today that starting October 3rd eBay will automatically enroll all eligible listing into the global shipping program for me. Fuk eBay sometimes man, I swear. They continue to shove their **** down our throats, making it sound like they are doing us a favor.

At the very bottom of the email there is a link to exclude yourself, but I wouldn't be surprised if they **** that up on purpose and auto enroll anyways.

Everyone needs to be on the lookout for that email!
fistbump.gif

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for feedback. Will be giving these out at two rather high-end charity events happening soon that I've been invited to thanks to the lady friend.

https://www.freelancer.com/contest/Design-some-Business-Cards-for-consignment-business-106998.html

I like number 43, the second and third and 37. Leaning towards 3rd in 43, but not sure if the shadowing is too much.

I like #12 - the black with the red borders...but changed to matte black instead of glossy, with a nice card stock. Somehow it just pops when scrolling thru without scrutinizing each design / color combo - that one caught my eye. FWIW...

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Find a way to streamline the frame shot to almost getting that picture instantly exported to your listing (should be possible if you shoot tethered). It'll save a **** ton of time.
Been wanting to do this since I've started using garage sale since my listing is done except for pics when I package up the item, but something always needs to be cropped, rotated, or both. Nice thought though, just like when I started out using the ebay phone app, type, shoot, list.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like #12 - the black with the red borders...but changed to matte black instead of glossy, with a nice card stock. Somehow it just pops when scrolling thru without scrutinizing each design / color combo - that one caught my eye. FWIW...
I'm not sure about the black for a non-artistic endeavor, seems kind of edgy. I think the classic white background is more professional, but I guess it depends on what you are trying to tell your customer. If your selling point/differentiator is your fantastic pictures, then maybe a black card would be appropriate. But if you are selling yourself as a professional, dependable and stable I would lean towards the white card stock.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, how do you spot a fake Hermes "H" tie? I know how to tell if the whimsical ties are faked, but I can't find any definitive info on the "H" embroidered ties.
Bump

With Pics:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads