• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers christmas sale

beansprouts1

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was in an outlet the other day and say made in italy/made in usa suits going for 220. I think it was mentioned that the 346 line is the outlet line thats made in china/mexico, but these were not from that line. however, I didn't see any tags with madison/regent/fitz. Can anyone help me identify these suits?

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beansprouts1
I was in an outlet the other day and say made in italy/made in usa suits going for 220. I think it was mentioned that the 346 line is the outlet line thats made in china/mexico, but these were not from that line. however, I didn't see any tags with madison/regent/fitz. Can anyone help me identify these suits?

I have some Fitz. They are quite slim cut with narrow lapels and a center vent - two button. They say made in USA of imported fabric. One has an Italian fabric tag (Loro Piana) in the inside. I believe Regent is a bit more full cut with side vents and some pick stitching on the lapels, but I could be wrong. Go to the web site and print out pictures to bring with you to compare if you can.

beansprouts1

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yea, the fitzs i see at regular stores are all us made, the regents are italian. its just that they always have the regent/fitz logo for the instore models. But i remember the made in USA suit having the loro piana tag, so im now more certain the one i saw was indeed a fitz going for 220. they probably removed the labels because it was in the outlet.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea, the fitzs i see at regular stores are all us made, the regents are italian. its just that they always have the regent/fitz logo for the instore models. But i remember the made in USA suit having the loro piana tag, so im now more certain the one i saw was indeed a fitz going for 220. they probably removed the labels because it was in the outlet.

It should at least have the 1818 line tag inside the jacket,unless the store cut out all the inside tags,which wouldn't make much sense.

beansprouts1

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
It should at least have the 1818 line tag inside the jacket,unless the store cut out all the inside tags,which wouldn't make much sense.
nothing at all inside the jacket. the retail price on the jacket was 1000 i believe, so around the range of the normal suits. maybe they were extras that just got sent to the outlet before the labels got put on? the suits did feel very nice, much better than their outlet line.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nothing at all inside the jacket. the retail price on the jacket was 1000 i believe, so around the range of the normal suits. maybe they were extras that just got sent to the outlet before the labels got put on? the suits did feel very nice, much better than their outlet line.

Anyways,I wouldn't buy 1818 line suits,they are no good ************* suits.You could get BB GF suits for $250,which are better.

Icarium

Reaction score
Anyways,I wouldn't buy 1818 line suits,they are no good ************* suits.You could get BB GF suits for $250,which are better.

Wow, constructive comments. I have heard otherwise from many people. This is not to mention that the GF don't fit a slim guy correctly without massive alterations.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where do you get a GF for $250?

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey

the usual places, i imagine. Ebay, outlet stores on sale, etc.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Whatever you pay up front, she'll cost a lot more in the long run.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
the usual places, i imagine. Ebay, outlet stores on sale, etc.

I guess I get that, but people are always throwing these things out on this forum like every fabric, size, style, etc. are consistently available at steep discounts. I can occasionally find nice things cheaply, but If I always held out I would have very few clothes that I did not feel like I settled for because they were so cheap, and not because they were what I wanted in the first place.

Icarium

Reaction score
If I always held out I would have very few clothes that I did not feel like I settled for because they were so cheap, and not because they were what I wanted in the first place.

QFT.

harrycaul

Reaction score
^ Agreed (I think; did you mean to write that you would have very few clothes that you DID feel like settled for because they were cheap?) I picked up a Greenfield GF at Newbury St. for $850 at the 15% sale but it was a navy 42L. Not likely to see that for $250 NWT but I suppose it's possible. Incidentally, they also had the Italian GF at ~$900 from $2400. Good-looking suits but a different cut altogether, slimmer, so not all GF can be lumped together with regards to fit. The Greenfield fit me fine at 6'4" 200 lb, just needed taking in the waist and sleeves , but I like the conservative cut over the Regent and Fitzgerald.

Icarium

Reaction score
I guess the GF they had at the La Jolla store just weren't cut for somebody like me (5'10", 140 lb). I haven't managed to find one that fits me well.

I do agree with monkey in that, if we waited around for stuff to be 60-70% off for our entire wardrobes, we wouldn't have much clothing. I hardly ever pay retail, but going for steep discounts, especially when you have a hard-to-find size, etc. can be EXTREMELY frustrating.

rezzor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Icarium
I guess the GF they had at the La Jolla store just weren't cut for somebody like me (5'10", 140 lb). I haven't managed to find one that fits me well. I do agree with monkey in that, if we waited around for stuff to be 60-70% off for our entire wardrobes, we wouldn't have much clothing. I hardly ever pay retail, but going for steep discounts, especially when you have a hard-to-find size, etc. can be EXTREMELY frustrating.
I'm the same dimensions as you and curious which sizes you tried on? I was thinking about ordering a 36R while their still in stock but not too sure how it will fit.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryghwanson