• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers christmas sale

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen GF suits at the BB outlets in Leesburg, VA and at Woodbury Commons. All were around $599 I believe, with additional discounts depending on the store.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought two made in Italy GF suits,Regent cut.They are slimmer than made in US ones,I can compare.They ran me into around $325-350,but they retailed for $2400.
GF suits that are made in the US are Madison cut and much boxier but I think they can be found for around $250-300 at outlets.

Icarium

Reaction score
I wish I could be more help, but I tried on so much stuff at different stores on the 26th, I barely remember half of it. I know I tried on a size zero in the numbered ones, and then 38R and 36R as they could be found. The problem I had at BB was the fit through the torso. 36R tends to fit me through the shoulders and sometimes chest for BB stuff, but only certain cuts like the 1818 Fitz fit without need for lots of alterations. Even that one I would prefer a little bit of waist suppression to give me shape.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harrycaul
^ Agreed (I think; did you mean to write that you would have very few clothes that you DID feel like settled for because they were cheap?) I picked up a Greenfield GF at Newbury St. for $850 at the 15% sale but it was a navy 42L. Not likely to see that for $250 NWT but I suppose it's possible. Incidentally, they also had the Italian GF at ~$900 from $2400. Good-looking suits but a different cut altogether, slimmer, so not all GF can be lumped together with regards to fit. The Greenfield fit me fine at 6'4" 200 lb, just needed taking in the waist and sleeves , but I like the conservative cut over the Regent and Fitzgerald.

I think I said it like I wanted to even if it was a double-negative of sorts. If I held out for bargains, I doubt I would find a lot in my size (42L like you) that I liked the color, cut, etc. and would feel like I settled for things I did not love. As it is now, I can sometimes find great things at good discounts (though rarely 70 - 80% off like many around here); but I will buy things I really like or feel I need at full retail (rarely) or 15-25% off (much more often). As it stands I have very few clothes where I feel I settled for something I did not really like just because it was cheap - although there are a few in the back of my closet.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the BF shirts now have a back order date of end of January (was originally mid-January when I ordered them just after Christmas). No real rush for me, but I obviously hope to get them sooner rather than later.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Orders pushed back to mid february,this is ridiculous. I have 6 more shirts and a pair of cordovan wings on backorder. I have a feeling that I will not get them at all.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Orders pushed back to mid february,this is ridiculous. I have 6 more shirts and a pair of cordovan wings on backorder. I have a feeling that I will not get them at all.

Just noticed that too. I think everything has the same generic backorder date. I don't believe they charge until the order is shipped (I could be completely off, haven't looked at my cc statement from last month), but I may cancel.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
Just noticed that too. I think everything has the same generic backorder date. I don't believe they charge until the order is shipped (I could be completely off, haven't looked at my cc statement from last month), but I may cancel.

No,they don't charge but i want the shirts.I got them on sale and they were like $63 for BF OCBDs,hard to beat the price.I am not in rush,I just hope that orders won't get canceled.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
No,they don't charge but i want the shirts.I got them on sale and they were like $63 for BF OCBDs,hard to beat the price.I am not in rush,I just hope that orders won't get canceled.

Agree, I'm in for three myself @ the $63. Ah hell, I'll just a while longer to see if it gets pushed back even further.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No harm in leaving the orders open, it seems to me. As I believe I already said in this thread, I give you guys 50-50 chances.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
No harm in leaving the orders open, it seems to me. As I believe I already said in this thread, I give you guys 50-50 chances.

I called Brooks to ask, they assured me that they would "definitely" be shipping my shirts at some point.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just don't wanna be left out of the sleeves-and-body-too short-but-otherwise-these-are-terrific OCBD discussions much longer
frown.gif

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
I just don't wanna be left out of the sleeves-and-body-too short-but-otherwise-these-are-terrific OCBD discussions much longer
frown.gif

I received 4 shirts just recently and sleeves are all fine,six more pending and my OCBD collection will be complete.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IuliaBartcovschi