1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Best Selvedge Denim for the Middle Class?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jd5016, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Jd5016

Jd5016 Active Member

As the title states, I am looking for SELVEDGE denim input...but not the $300 type of Selvedge. Ya see, I love menswear but simply cannot afford to drape myself in all these expensive threads. Surely there must be some Denim manufacturers out there that are making HIGH quality selvedge without asking for a man's first born son in return.

The cost of production just cannot be equal to the tag price of these high end Jeans, so I wonder, Isn't there a Denim company that isn't charging sky high prices just because they can?

Anyway, I prefer a slim fit jean.

2. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

As the title states, I am looking for SELVEDGE denim input...but not the $300 type of Selvedge. Ya see, I love menswear but simply cannot afford to drape myself in all these expensive threads. Surely there must be some Denim manufacturers out there that are making HIGH quality selvedge without asking for a man's first born son in return.

The cost of production just cannot be equal to the tag price of these high end Jeans, so I wonder, Isn't there a Denim company that isn't charging sky high prices just because they can?

Anyway, I prefer a slim fit jean.

most people on here are middle class. They just spend a lot on clothing.

3. ramp

ramp Well-Known Member

There's so many of these threads. Did you not see them when you searched the forum for already given recommendations?

4. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

5. Jd5016

Jd5016 Active Member

most people on here are middle class. They just spend a lot on clothing.

Well that too is contrary to what I am trying to do here.

6. Jd5016

Jd5016 Active Member

There's so many of these threads. Did you not see them when you searched the forum for already given recommendations?

Searches are so often, as in this case, a mumbo jumbo of posts that include any of the words searched.

7. kixslf

kixslf Well-Known Member

you actually need to read the posts

8. Curious_George

Curious_George Well-Known Member

Selvedge denim isn't for plebs. [​IMG]

9. *#..

*#.. Well-Known Member

10. Jd5016

Jd5016 Active Member

Is this really how you guys want to approach the topic? With disdain? Do I deserve to be treated as a whipping boy for asking for cheaper options than certain $300+ dollar denim?

Cmon. Shame on you.

11. Jd5016

Jd5016 Active Member

Alright, I suppose my fellow man will offer me no help, only critique. Moderator, you may as well delete the thread.

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

how much are you looking to spend?

13. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Well-Known Member

There are these jeans called "APCs".

I don't know where you're getting your information if you're exposed to Roy and Samurai more than APC, Nudie, and Naked & Famous.

I've been wearing a pair of black raws and a pair of blue raws from Uniqlo for a few months, cost me 35 a pop but I don't know if they made any this season.

14. Jd5016

Jd5016 Active Member

There are these jeans called "APCs".

I don't know where you're getting your information if you're exposed to Roy and Samurai more than APC, Nudie, and Naked & Famous.

I've been wearing a pair of black raws and a pair of blue raws from Uniqlo for a few months, cost me 35 a pop but I don't know if they made any this season.

APC's are nice but fade quickly and are easily torn.
    Nudie's, I don't care for the pocket pattern.
    Naked & Famous...tell me about them.

15. Jd5016

Jd5016 Active Member

how much are you looking to spend?

Up to $150 if I love them.

16. xchen

xchen Well-Known Member

I guess you've seen firsthand how many a-holes there are on this forum. For more denim discussion you should check out supertalk's denim subforum.

There are plenty of options priced across the board, some better values, some are people just riding the train. In many cases you get what you pay for. Usually the $300 jeans do have an increase in production value in some way over $150 jeans, but not always.

Brands of note for $150 off the top of my head...
    Rogue Territory
    APC
    Epaulet
    3Sixteen

If you are willing to go up to even 225 or 250 you can make a huge jump in quality. Unsanforized denim will tend to yield better wear IMHO but like everything there are exceptions to any rule.

17. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Well-Known Member

without hesitation i recommend RRLs off of ebay or B&S. easily the best jeans for the money.

18. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

without hesitation i recommend RRLs off of ebay or B&S. easily the best jeans for the money.

Naked and famous and Nudies is good but try to avoid paying full price,
    I just got a pair of N&D with adiscount code at,
    www.revolveclothing.com code = STYLEWATCH20 gets 20% off until April 11,
    they have nudie too if you want

19. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

20. xchen

xchen Well-Known Member

In the $150 range there is no reason to settle for Nudies or Naked and Famous.