• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best pizza in NYC?

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
John's, although I don't think either are in the upper echelon of pizza right now. John's might crack the top 15, but probably not. Another place a few doors down called Keste is really good, but I only had their pistachio and sausage pizza which is too esoteric to build a reputation on. They also serve some gluten free ****, which is admittedly contemptible.

Last edited:

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

John's, although I don't think either are in the upper echelon of pizza right now. John's might crack the top 15, but probably not. Another place a few doors down called Keste is really good, but I only had their pistachio and sausage pizza which is too esoteric to build a reputation on. They also serve some gluten free ****, which is admittedly contemptible.

Last time I was at John's (at least a year ago), they were using the regular cheap pepperoni and also shredded cheese, which I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that it was mozz. I haven't been to the one in the theater district (is it still there?) in over 10 yrs. A decent pie in mid/uptown is Angelo's on 57th. The building had a coal overn in there forever so they built the pizzeria around it.

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best NY slice I've had recently was in.... Berlin (Germany). The place is called Villa di Wow. Run by a Spaniard from NYC.

bradp

Reaction score

Alright, I kind of take back what I said. I had a slice at Joe's last night and it was bonkers good. It has a uniquely charred crust for a regular slice. Maybe it is better than John's.

Nice! I love the flavor of the sauce and level of greasiness in addition to crust texture. I actually haven't had johns but will try this week. Will report back

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
John's on Bleeker str. is pretty good imo. i dont mind grated mozzarella on a NY style. Keste is very good but you can't really compare these two as they are two different things: classic NYC brick oven pizza and la vera pizza Napoletana baked in a wood fired oven.

dmbp

Reaction score

I've been going hard on pizza lately (almost twice a week at all the notable pie parlors), and just want to reiterate that Lucali is the best, bar none. Nothing touches it. This guy is the Caravaggio of pizza.

This is the truth.

What's not to love about Lucali?

The ambiance is there
The menu is direct (there is no menu. Do you want pizza, or calzones?)
The hours are "exclusive," which to be honest is not a bad thing.
and of course, it's BYOB.

Oh... and it's the best pizza in the city.

Last edited:

bradp

Reaction score
Tried to go to lucali twice in two different years. Wasn't happening either time. If you have a job, forget about getting there early enough to get a table.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lucali is unquestionably in the top tier of pizza in this city, but I'd certainly not say it's the best.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
the problem with places that have 2 hour waits is that the wait becomes part of the experience and the attraction, and that's clearly something that should stay in San Francisco.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads